Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: If Hillary is picked as running mate (VP)

1. Top | #51
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly_Penguin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ZiprHead View Post
    Like it or not, she a respected political figure. She was a First Lady for eight years, a two term senator, and a Secretary of State. The very idea that she has to shut up should be abhorrent.
    LOL What in the world gives you the idea that she's a "respected political figure"?
    In the sense that the PM of Canada wouldn't be joking about her with other world leaders if she were President.

2. Top | #52
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Higgins View Post
    In the sense that the PM of Canada wouldn't be joking about her with other world leaders if she were President.
    Which is ironic because PM Justin is pretty much a joke himself. He is the quintessential mimbo.

3. Top | #53
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Toni View Post
    If she had allowed a public tear, she would have been called an hysterical woman.
    She DID shed a tear ahead of New Hampshire 2008 and that probably won her that primary in the first place.

The tears over coffee that turned round poll

By the way, this came out when she first announced her 2016 candidacy. It captures her public image perfectly.

By the way, they completely missed who her principal threat would be. I mean, Martin O'Who?

4. Top | #54
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly_Penguin View Post
    Why do you hate us penguins so? Please please I bet you, don't do this to us.
    I apologize for my penguinphobic remarks. They were not appropriate. In fact, they were wrong. They constituted a critical lapse in judgment and a personal failure on my part for which I am solely and completely responsible.
    Last edited by Derec; 01-24-2020 at 08:33 PM.

5. Top | #55
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumbles View Post
    When she outright says "I'm not running, I'm out of politics" and people are practically snarling "She's gonna run! Mark my words! She needs to go away and never be seen again!!" Yeah, I'm not with y'all, and if that's what she faced since before I was even in high school, then I'm much more sympathetic to her.)
    What is sexist about that? Sexism is about an attitude toward women (or men) in general, NOT antipathy or distrust toward an individual.

6. Top | #56
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PyramidHead View Post
    Rashida Tlaib should be Bernie's running mate
    Why? What would she possibly bring to Bernie's campaign? She would just alienate people who are at the fence about voting for Bernie. I especially don't see many independents being favorably inclined toward her.