Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Tulsi Gabbard sues Hillary Clinton for $50M, claims defamation over 'Russian asset' remark

1. Top | #91
    Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Bosch View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post

There was a period of time in the late 1930's to the early 1940's where a guy named Hitler was putting Jews in ovens and overtaking Germany.

We wanted to stop that guy. However, not everyone who wanted to stop Hitler joined the war.
    As an aside, there were a great deal of Americans who didn't want to stop Germany. FDR had to exaggerate and greatly push Americans to get them behind the war effort.
    Exaggerate? I don’t think so.

2. Top | #92
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PyramidHead View Post

There was a period of time in the late 1930's to the early 1940's where a guy named Hitler was putting Jews in ovens and overtaking Germany.

We wanted to stop that guy. However, not everyone who wanted to stop Hitler joined the war.
    The USSR were the ones who stopped him, do they not count as leftists
    On the Eastern Front.

3. Top | #93
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Patooka View Post

All of the leftists in America who were not fighting in the war, yet supported it.
    I'm a leftist, and I can't remember a single time in my life where I felt Germany needed to be stopped. Who the fuck are you talking about?

Never heard of this Hitler guy you speak of, but I did a quick google search and found out you are spouting revisionist bullshit as per usual. The decision to "stop Germany" wasn't a left/right issue; it was am isolationist/globalist issue. Incidently, it was Republicans who believed that the US shouldn't be stopping the Adam Hilter guy you mentioned, with them voting against Roosevelt's Lend Lease act. So I guess even in the 40's Republicans thought Nazis were very fine people.

4. Top | #94
    Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I think Halfie is talking about FDR.

5. Top | #95
    Member ***
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ZiprHead View Post
    You do realize we didn't get into WWII until we were attacked by Japan, don't you.
    It was a preemptive strike, and on military bases. By modern USA "logic" it was America that was the aggressor. Even moreso than in the US invasion of Iraq.

6. Top | #96
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly_Penguin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ZiprHead View Post
    You do realize we didn't get into WWII until we were attacked by Japan, don't you.
    It was a preemptive strike, and on military bases. By modern USA "logic" it was America that was the aggressor.
    How do you figure that?

7. Top | #97
    Industrial Grade Linguist Copernicus's Avatar

All of the leftists in America who were not fighting in the war, yet supported it.
    I'm a leftist, and I can't remember a single time in my life where I felt Germany needed to be stopped. Who the fuck are you talking about?

Your knowledge of history and the timeline is a little screwed up, but we can try to fix that. Hitler did not even invade Poland until 1939. He did that with the active help of the Soviet Union, when he signed the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact. Subsequently, the Germans broke the pact and invaded Soviet-occupied Polish territory, which came as a surprise and a shock to Stalin. Only then did Stalin turn against his former partner and joined the Western Allies. The Germans did not start the mass killings of Jews until 1941, and the extermination camps only started up in 1942. Before the camps, they used less efficient means to commit genocide. See the Final Solution.

8. Top | #98
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts

Never heard of this Hitler guy you speak of, but I did a quick google search and found out you are spouting revisionist bullshit as per usual. The decision to "stop Germany" wasn't a left/right issue; it was am isolationist/globalist issue. Incidently, it was Republicans who believed that the US shouldn't be stopping the Adam Hilter guy you mentioned, with them voting against Roosevelt's Lend Lease act. So I guess even in the 40's Republicans thought Nazis were very fine people.
    But, I thought you guys claim the parties switched in the 60's? This would mean the Republicans of the 40's were actually Democrats, since it was before the switch.

You guys can't keep your consistency on anything, can you?

9. Top | #99
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts

But, I thought you guys claim the parties switched in the 60's? This would mean the Republicans of the 40's were actually Democrats, since it was before the switch.

Sure I can. You arguments suck.

Always.

10. Top | #100
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts

Sure I can. You arguments suck.

Always.
    So, you don't believe the parties switched anymore, then?