Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumors about Mitch McConnell

1. Top | #1
    Loony Running The Asylum ZiprHead's Avatar
    Archived
    Total Posts

Rumors about Mitch McConnell

So over the last couple months, I've been hearing rumors about Mitch McConnell. I didn't pay much attention to them but then I just saw this:

I don't care if he's a closeted gay/bi or he was just experimenting. I'm just wondering if anyone else has heard anything about this or has some information countering it. It matches closely with his wiki bio but this could have been written specifically to match that.

Anyone got anything?

If true, he could be a huge blackmail target.
    When conservatives realize they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will abandon democracy.

2. Top | #2
    Archived
    Total Posts
    This was just shared on FB, from 2013.

https://m.dailykos.com/stories/2013/...litary-Service
    When conservatives realize they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will abandon democracy.

3. Top | #3
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Huh, sort of like the Kevin Spacey ultra dominant gay personality. Sort of a more slippery and less direct way to be controlling.

4. Top | #4
    Contributor
    Well, on the nightly Cost To Coast radio show I heard he is really a lizard person who looks human.

Is there a forum policy on promoting fake news?

5. Top | #5
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    So the turtle is a fudge packer? I learn something here everyday.
    Last edited by RVonse; 01-23-2020 at 07:47 AM.

6. Top | #6
    Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I am extremely skeptical. This seems more likely a false flag.

If anything I'd think he is so privileged, that that explained how he didn't have to serve long term in the military.

7. Top | #7
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    So are unattributed and unreferenced comments on Facebook posts considered viable news? I don't think this even rises to the level of crackpot rumor. My biggest problem is the line 'Senator Cooper of Kentucky, who was possible a close friend of the family...' It states without a doubt the arrest happens to McConnell, but then ponders whether a US Senator intervened in the case of some random enlistee? The reds as a red flag as it is trying to present the story from a position of neutrality, when in fact, it is clearly a hit piece.

I had to double check to see if we had a radioactive sort of OP'er here, but was surprised when I saw he wasn't the OP'er.

8. Top | #8
    Archived
    Total Posts
    The other link goes into far more detail and more verification.

9. Top | #9
    Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ZiprHead View Post
    The other link goes into far more detail and more verification.
    I know you are responding more to Jimmy, but just for the record, I read that link before posting that I am skeptical. It's probably not that relevant, but I was in the Army reserves, as apparently McConnell was. I did my basic training at Ft. Jackson where McConnell is alleged to have done training exercises. I was there in basic training decades later. Still, there are things I find hard to believe as a regular citizen and as a veteran. One thing is that I think a number of soldiers from McConnell's unit would have come forward. People in his squad and platoon are far more likely to have heard about a reason for discharge than a postman, but if the commanding officer was so talkative about it as he was, that info would spread all around. There wasn't anyone in basic or AIT who had been discharged that we didn't have a story on, including knowing the cover. So, for example, one guy was discharged for smoking pot, but he was able to get a kind of general discharge that was not dishonorable and didn't mention why. It seems unlikely. Also, the whole thing with sodomy is it can be heterosex. It's oral or anal, regardless of sex of participants. The Army told us this stuff was technically blue book illegal in many states and that was their alleged justification for disallowing it in the military as a whole. If McConnell was guilty of sodomy, it could have been with a woman. When I was at Fort Jackson, some people stayed at a hotel after graduation, partied and no doubt had heterosex. (There was a female unit, too). So, it's possible. That it was homosexual sodomy relies on very little info. Anyway, to continue...there were places outside Fort Jackson, accessible to soldiers at times. On some weekend I got a tattoo, for example. Some other things: I found the initial post to be weirdly informative for a single individual who coincidentally references their uncle who tells them something before they died that they heard from a friend 20 years before. If I have a nephew, on my way out of this world, I hope I am not wasting time on McConnell...I'd be talking about the good old days and passing wisdom. No?
    Last edited by Don2 (Don1 Revised); 01-23-2020 at 04:15 PM.

10. Top | #10
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    To dogpile onto Don2's post, I ponder relevance. Even if it is given that this is all true... so what? Are we reenacting Advise and Consent?