Thread: Adobe Flashplayer demise

1. Top | #1
    Veteran Member

Adobe Flashplayer demise

Now that Adobe Flashplayer is all but dead, has anyone had to replace a Flash animation?

2. Top | #2
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TSwizzle View Post
    Now that Adobe Flashplayer is all but dead, has anyone had to replace a Flash animation?
    I never got into Flash development. I half-thought of purchasing some software for doing so some years back, but I didn't have a lot of money, so that got pushed down the pile.

But for most of us, the issue is how to run a Flash applet. Adobe Flash Player
    n July 2017, Adobe announced[15] that it would end support for Flash Player at the end of 2020, and continued to encourage the use of open HTML5 standards in place of Flash.[16][17] The announcement was coordinated with Apple,[18] Facebook,[19] Google,[20] Microsoft,[21] and Mozilla.[22] In September 2019, Microsoft announced that on December 31, 2020 Flash will be entirely removed from all browsers via Windows Update.[23]
    So by the end of this year, Adobe Flash will be gone. However, Adobe has open-sourced a lot of Flash-related stuff, and some people have written imitation Flash players.

3. Top | #3
    Archived
    Total Posts
    For Linux users, there are a number of Adobe Flash clones available. When Adobe Flash was found to be full of bugs and the end of Flash was announced, I loaded one of these, I forget just which one now. But whatever it was, it seems to work well enough I don't worry about it.
    Cheerful Charlie