Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Rush Limbaugh has advanced lung cancer

1. Top | #81
    Archived
    Total Posts
    The problem with Faux Radio is too much passion. If you like your right wingers passionate, try Mark Levin, who will shriek and howl passionately when worked up over something. Sounding like an agitated baboon. Passionate bullshit is still bullshit.
    Cheerful Charlie

2. Top | #82
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Limbaugh comes off (came off?) as 'professional' right-wing commentary. Levin is a blowhard. Hanitty is in between. Then you have Dennis Prager and Michael Medved (is Medved still on?) who were the 'intellectual' right-wing commentary.

Indeed, there is no replacement for Rush. He is a demagogue. He has also gotten more vile since 2000. 2004 he'd be saying al Qaeda wanted Kerry to win the election. 2009 he wants Obama to fail (this is in the context of trying to recover from capitalism imploding). 2016, he eventually backs Trump and doesn't look back at conservatism. Regardless his journey, he has no replacement. There is an ocean of propagandateers, but there is only one Rush Limbaugh. Hannity will be the one that'll be pivoted to. And maybe for the right-wing, that could be enough.

3. Top | #83
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    He is great at being bombastic, condescending, source of Truth. Not as good at confrontation, as was seen when he filled in as a talk show host with an audience that wasn't filled with sycophants.

4. Top | #84
    Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ZiprHead View Post
    Someone said of last night's fiasco, "There was a Tuskegee Airman and Rush Limbaugh in the room and Rush got the Medal Of Freedom."
    I didn’t watch SOTU but I saw am image of Melania???? Putting the award around Limbaugh’s neck?? WTF?

5. Top | #85
    Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marc View Post
    He is great at being bombastic, condescending, source of Truth. Not as good at confrontation, as was seen when he filled in as a talk show host with an audience that wasn't filled with sycophants.

He stood on the shoulders of giants.

...Giant corporations and churches.

If he was a regular guy expressing opinions freely with that amount of lying and scandals, he'd be fired after a few days. But because he supported the oligarchy, they always held onto him, developed him, and helped him to create a following. In exchange the powerful referenced him and he referenced them. That's what his Medal of Fiefdom was about.

6. Top | #86
    Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Higgins View Post
    Someone said of last night's fiasco, "There was a Tuskegee Airman and Rush Limbaugh in the room and Rush got the Medal Of Freedom."
    Yeah, that moment of him getting the award was part of the montage (close to the end) of America becoming a single party nation.
    I don't get this comment. Could you explain what you mean?

7. Top | #87
    Veteran Member
    I think you mean that Cancer has contracted Rush. I don't wish anything on anyone... but Rush can die a painful death and burn in hell for all eternity for all I care about that piece of shit. I don't wish Cancer to be cured of Rush or for Rush to kill Cancer... I wouldn't even piss on his face if his hair was on fire.

8. Top | #88
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ronburgundy View Post
    Yeah, that moment of him getting the award was part of the montage (close to the end) of America becoming a single party nation.
    It felt like a montage scene in a film about a nation devolving into a totalitarian nation... the point when the right-wing propaganda mill is treated as serious journalism, putting a stake into the heart of actual journalism. And this would be one of the last pieces of the montage before they turn to 'modern day' dystopian America, with Fox News being the only channel on television.

9. Top | #89
    Archived
    Total Posts

It felt like a montage scene in a film about a nation devolving into a totalitarian nation... the point when the right-wing propaganda mill is treated as serious journalism, putting a stake into the heart of actual journalism. And this would be one of the last pieces of the montage before they turn to 'modern day' dystopian America, with Fox News being the only channel on television.
    Like Demolition Man, 'after the fast food wars, all restaurants are Taco Bell?'
    There'll be a Sports Fox, a Federal Politics Fox, your local State Politics Fox, the Foreign Affairs Fox,

10. Top | #90
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith&Co. View Post

Like Demolition Man, 'after the fast food wars, all restaurants are Taco Bell?'
    There'll be a Sports Fox, a Federal Politics Fox, your local State Politics Fox, the Foreign Affairs Fox,
    Well NASCAR ratings would go through the roof if viewership was required by law.