Thread: Rush Limbaugh has advanced lung cancer

1. Top | #1
    Archived
    Total Posts

Rush Limbaugh has advanced lung cancer

https://twitter.com/TheRickWilson/st...23240988229632

Rick Wilson
    @TheRickWilson

I just heard the news that Rush Limbaugh has advanced lung cancer.

I’m going to show you how this should be done:

I wish Rush a speedy and complete recovery from his cancer.

Human being pro-tip: don’t wish cancer on *anyone*...even on your adversaries.

I will admit to having mixed feelings. The world would have been a better place without him, and will be a better place without him. Still the method used is not one you want someone else to be inflicted with. That is not the way to go.

2. Top | #2
    Loony Running The Asylum ZiprHead's Avatar
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I've never wished a man dead, but I've read some obituaries with great pleasure. - Mark Twain
    When conservatives realize they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will abandon democracy.

3. Top | #3
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts

Rush Limbaugh has advanced lung cancer

There are easily three dozen people in this world, and of which the world would be made better if they were hit by a bus. - Jimmy Higgins

I’m not sorry, the man himself is a cancer.

4. Top | #4
    Loony Running The Asylum ZiprHead's Avatar
    Archived
    Total Posts
    "I don't care. Do you?"
    When conservatives realize they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will abandon democracy.

5. Top | #5
    I wish Rush a speedy and complete recovery from his cancer.
    I find that tweet more interesting than the story.

What I wish is immaterial to his health. I don't feel a need to put on a show of sympathy. That is not to suggest the author of the tweet is being insincere, but I would be lying to say I wished anything regarding his wellbeing one way or the other. I don't know the man. I don't like the way he has chosen to wield influence, but am uninvested in his life itself. All that remains is general sentiments regarding cancer, disease and human suffering. Would that we lived in a world where no one had to suffer or watch their loved ones suffer in such a way. But people do suffer from it. They die. Celebrity provides no exemption. In many cases people deal with little fanfare--I feel like any sentiments I direct toward Rush are more of a statement on celebrity than what I think of the man himself.

6. Top | #6
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Back as a young kid, he was/is one of my first lessons in how a person can sound extremely powerful in their rhetoric and sound very compelling and persuasive, all the while being full of bullshit. How to speak well and how to think well are 2 very different skills to have.

7. Top | #7
    Not happy he's dying, but there is a certain balance to it. Consequence of a perverted throat chakra. He used his voice to harm, so now it is killing him. He certainly did not believe in vocal pity for the ailing, so I wouldn't want to offend him by offering it too effusively.

Also, habitual cigar smoker who frequently promoted said habit to his fans. It is sad when someone dies, but the manner of his death is appropriate as a consequence of his many poor decisions as a public speaker. Of course, I know him only in that role. His private life, and grief of his loved ones, are theirs alone to know.
    Last edited by Politesse; 02-04-2020 at 12:08 AM.

8. Top | #8
    Cyborg with a Tiara
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I hope he does not suffer overlong. Cancer is cruel.

9. Top | #9
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Too many cigars in his life. Plus Limbaugh has admitted he has been vaping in recent years. Despite warnings from scientists and doctors that this is what happens when you smoke, Limbaugh chose to disregard doctors and scientific findings. I wonder, will Limbaugh admit his bad life choices are killing him, and openly speak to his audience to learn from his mistake and stop smoking immediately? And to his young listeners, all 12 of them, do not start the smoking habit?
    Cheerful Charlie

10. Top | #10
    Archived
    Total Posts
    https://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...nhq-story.html

Rush Limbaugh denied health risks of smoking years before lung cancer diagnosis: ‘I would like a medal for smoking cigars

“Firsthand smoke takes 50 years to kill people, if it does,” he (Limbaugh) said. “Not everybody that smokes gets cancer. Now, it’s true that everybody who smokes dies, but so does everyone who eats carrots.”

Limbaugh went on to ask why the government didn’t ban tobacco if it was so dangerous before claiming the society had vilified smokers, even though “their purchases are funding children’s health care programs.”

“I would like a medal for smoking cigars, is what I’m saying,” Limbaugh added.

“I’ve never seen cause of death: Tobacco products. Not everybody who smokes gets cancer. The most shocking event in the world is when somebody gets lung cancer and they never smoked, and everybody says, ‘How the hell did that happen?’ Because everybody’s been so persuaded to believe that it’s automatic.”

Ignorance can be deadly.
    Cheerful Charlie