Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rush Limbaugh has advanced lung cancer

1. Top | #31
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Politesse View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Don2 (Don1 Revised) View Post
    As an advocate for vaping corporations and saying tobacco and vaping do not cause lung cancer, he was most probably a FACTOR in people starting up, ignoring risk, and continuing to use these products...

i.e., he was a cause of other people getting lung cancer.

What he ought to do now is apologize and make amends by becoming a voice against the shit that is killing him and others.
    I'd be surprised. He's hardly become a crusader for humane treatment of opioid addicts since he was busted for that.
    That's because he believes all the other addicts chose to be addicted.

2. Top | #32
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I haven't listened to Rushbo since at least 2000. I started listening to him the week that Roseanne Barr sang the National Anthem, and he was entertaining when he had juicy material like that to work on. (I never, ever shared any of his views -- even on the arts -- so typical that his idea of great Christmas music was Mannheim Steamroller. Mannheim Steamroller!!) Nowadays, if I hear his voice, it's because I'm in a contractor's office and it's on the radio, or it's warm weather and his voice is coming out of some truck driver's window.
    The previous posts took all my ammo -- how Rush consistently derogates science, says that second hand smoke is harmless, advises breathlessly ardent male listeners on the cigars they need to buy, to be like him.
    His diagnosis is ghastly. If he goes the way I've seen family members go from this disease, the final few months will be miserable. So, no, I don't, wouldn't wish it on anyone. And with someone with a chisel-point of a mind like Rush, it won't transform his thinking or lead him to reject any of his snarling belligerence. If I were Michael J. Fox or Sandra Fluke, I wouldn't expect any hand across the aisle.

3. Top | #33
    Veteran Member
    Hey. I like Mannheim Steamroller!!

Also, fuck Rush and fuck cancer. In this case, I'm cheering for it to be over quickly.

4. Top | #34
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Well, it's all relative, innit? To me, M.S. is to music what Pringles are to potatoes. Beyond that, just the concept of playing music with a steamroller....

5. Top | #35
    Formerly Joedad
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Toni View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lion IRC View Post
    A lot of bad karma in this thread.
    It's interesting that you would bring up karma. It's a pretty un-Christian idea.
    Christians being un-christian is the norm.

Limbaugh is a drug addict, something about his brain makes him that way. And he makes a lot of money from people just like him.

6. Top | #36
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Anything that shuts up Rush Limbaugh for goid cannot be all bad.

7. Top | #37
    It's interesting that you would bring up karma. It's a pretty un-Christian idea.
    Not entirely.
    Anyway, I'm amazed there are so many folks brave enough to publicly wish that another human being should suffer an early and painful death.

8. Top | #38
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Anyway, I'm amazed there are so many folks brave enough to publicly wish that another human being should suffer an early and painful death.
    Why? It is part of a sense of desiring justice and vengeance and retribution to him personally for all the harm he has contributed to others. If you think such feelings and attitudes are immoral, that is one stance. If your stance is that you are amazed that such a mental phenomenon exists, I am amazed that you are amazed.

9. Top | #39
    Yeah...maybe 'amazed' is the wrong word.

10. Top | #40
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Not entirely.
    This isn't "wishing", this is being at peace with the changes in life. In Buddhism, the fear of life not being permanent is a cause of suffering. So we are simply embracing the impermanence of Limbaugh's health.

I have not wished any harm to come to Rush via the actions of anyone else, despite all of the harm he has caused.