Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Rush Limbaugh has advanced lung cancer

1. Top | #41
    Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lion IRC View Post
    Yeah...maybe 'amazed' is the wrong word.
    You ought not find it amazing if you read your holy book.

Here is a riddle for you: Which one of the three persons crucified is most like Rush Limbaugh?

Hint: the answer is not Jesus.

Two men were crucified at the same time as Jesus, one on his right and one on his left (Matthew 27:38, Mark 15:27ā€“28,32, Luke 23:33, John 19:18), which the Gospel of Mark interprets as fulfillment of the prophecy of Isaiah 53:12. According to the Gospels of Matthew and Mark, respectively, both of the thieves mocked Jesus (Matthew 27:44, Mark 15:32); Luke, however, mentions that:

39 Now one of the criminals hanging there reviled Jesus, saying, "Are you not the Messiah? Save yourself and us."

40 The other, however, rebuking him, said in reply, "Have you no fear of God, for you are subject to the same condemnation? 41 And indeed, we have been condemned justly, for the sentence we received corresponds to our crimes, but this man has done nothing criminal." 42Then he said, "Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom." 43 He replied to him, "Amen I say to you today you will be with me in Paradise." 23:39ā€“43
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penitent_thief

2. Top | #42
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Toni View Post
    A lot of bad karma in this thread.
    It's interesting that you would bring up karma. It's a pretty un-Christian idea.
    Probably feels he'd be mocked if he said 'You guys are going to hell for those evil thoughts,' but part of his schtick is that Non-Christain religions get a pass by the anti-theists.
    So, same message but wearing a different hat.

Karma is the sum of our actions in this life, and the one before, determining our next life. Sin is our actions, and thoughts, and feelings, and wishes, in this life, determining our disposition in the rest of eternity.

Since no one i know has the power to just GIVE someone cancer, i doubt that karma is involved here. No such action. And most people here seem to be posting that if he's doomed to die, he die swiftly with minimum pain. It's more than I've ever heard Rush hope or offer for anyone on the opposite side of the aisle.

He's ill. I take no glee in that. OTOH, I sure as fuck am not disappointed.

3. Top | #43
    Call me old fashioned, but I think you should attack the idea not the man.

Brian63 said the world would have been a better place without him, and will be a better place without him. Citation needed.

4. Top | #44
    Intergalactic Villainess Angry Floof's Avatar
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Politesse View Post
    Not happy he's dying, but there is a certain balance to it. Consequence of a perverted throat chakra. He used his voice to harm, so now it is killing him. He certainly did not believe in vocal pity for the ailing, so I wouldn't want to offend him by offering it too effusively.

Also, habitual cigar smoker who frequently promoted said habit to his fans. It is sad when someone dies, but the manner of his death is appropriate as a consequence of his many poor decisions as a public speaker. Of course, I know him only in that role. His private life, and grief of his loved ones, are theirs alone to know.
    If you're talking chakras, lung cancer would coincide with the heart chakra. But I think we all know that, in spite of Limbaugh's corroded hockey puck of a heart, it was probably the smoking that did it.
    The Authoritarians

GOP and Trump supporters will not be able to say they didn't know. Vote in numbers too big to manipulate.

5. Top | #45
    Intergalactic Villainess Angry Floof's Avatar
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I offered thoughts and prayers! Is that not enough?
    The Authoritarians

GOP and Trump supporters will not be able to say they didn't know. Vote in numbers too big to manipulate.

6. Top | #46
    Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Brian63 said the world would have been a better place without him, and will be a better place without him.
    I disagree. The right wing corporate religious oligarchy would have found some other loud conservative to feed the masses bullshit, if Rush Limbaugh had never existed. So, his existence is largely meaningless or just meaningful by a coincidence of having been one of many possible terrible AM radio spokespeople. But he can still change his ways and make the suffering have actual meaning, show courage and reject the lies he knows he tells, speak out against vaping and smoking and people making a lying profit from it. It's possible.

7. Top | #47
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    The idea is that he is a propagandateer and has worked to pollute the minds of millions. He has gotten worse over the years and now he is shilling for Trump (not a conservative).

Brian63 said the world would have been a better place without him, and will be a better place without him. Citation needed.
    Citation

8. Top | #48
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I hope he makes a speedy recovery - and reconsiders his life choices while doing so.

Likely both wasted hopes, but even so.

9. Top | #49
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Don2 (Don1 Revised) View Post
    Brian63 said the world would have been a better place without him, and will be a better place without him.
    I disagree. The right wing corporate religious oligarchy would have found some other loud conservative to feed the masses bullshit, if Rush Limbaugh had never existed. So, his existence is largely meaningless or just meaningful by a coincidence of having been one of many possible terrible AM radio spokespeople. But he can still change his ways and make the suffering have actual meaning, show courage and reject the lies he knows he tells, speak out against vaping and smoking and people making a lying profit from it. It's possible.

He has a rare (not exclusive, but rare) talent for political talk radio though. He is loudmouthed, speaks well off the cuff, can energize his loyal base into becoming clueless dolts, performs Gish gallops at stunning paces, etc. He misinforms people on issues, including climate change which is an existential threat to our very existence. He also helped get Trump elected, worst president perhaps ever. Not just anybody can do all the damage that he has done, he has a unique set of abilities to do so.

10. Top | #50
    Formerly Joedad
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian63 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Don2 (Don1 Revised) View Post

He has a rare (not exclusive, but rare) talent for political talk radio though. He is loudmouthed, speaks well off the cuff, can energize his loyal base into becoming clueless dolts, performs Gish gallops at stunning paces, etc. He misinforms people on issues, including climate change which is an existential threat to our very existence. He also helped get Trump elected, worst president perhaps ever. Not just anybody can do all the damage that he has done, he has a unique set of abilities to do so.
    He uses people for personal gain.