Thread: So, The Super Bowl Halftime Show

1. Top | #1
    Loony Running The Asylum ZiprHead's Avatar
    Archived
    Total Posts

So, The Super Bowl Halftime Show

(View video on YouTube)

What did you think?

The music wasn't my cup of tea but the dance performance were spectacular. They were damn tight.

I know a lot of right-wingers weren't happy.
    When conservatives realize they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will abandon democracy.

2. Top | #2
    Loony Running The Asylum ZiprHead's Avatar
    Archived
    Total Posts
    When conservatives realize they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will abandon democracy.

3. Top | #3
    Contributor
    I thought it looked like a strip club pole dance. Boring. It is like the old glitzy Burlesque tits-and-ass shows. Scantily dressed but no naked nipples or crotch.

You've come a long way baby.

Next time make topless, then you have something.

I wonder where all the feminists are on this over objectifying women.

4. Top | #4
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I like the Black Sun necklaces Shakira was selling.

5. Top | #5
    Veteran Member
    It was very entertaining, I enjoyed it.

6. Top | #6
    Veteran Member
    The meme pretty much sums it up.

I haven't followed US football in years, and have no interest in doing so. I saw a bunch of the 'reactions' by the right wing media, so I went and watched the ~15 minutes of the halftime show.

I kept waiting for the part they were outraged about. Nuttin.

So I clicked on some random twitter feed that was one of the louder complainers. She's a writer for the National Review (right wing political rag), and apparently, is totally ok with the pussy grabbing rapist in the white house, but can't abide women dancing on stage in anything less than burkas.

So yeah, all the faux outrage was typical manufactured right wing BS.
    Last edited by Worldtraveller; 02-04-2020 at 04:34 PM.

7. Top | #7
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I would think that left wing feminists would be fussing about this, more than right wingers, given how they go off on ring girls, swimsuit posters, etc. Basically, anything sexy women do/wear that gives men a boner, as its been explained on this forum.

8. Top | #8
    It seems to me the Superbowl has changed from being a series of commercial adverts with interruptions for a football game (which itself features more adverts) to a series of commercial advertisements with interruptions for a football game (which itself features more adverts) and for a pop/rock concert (which itself features more adverts).
    "Let us hope that it is not so. Or if it is, let us pray that the fact does not become generally known."

9. Top | #9
    Deus Meumque Jus
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ruby sparks View Post
    It seems to me the Superbowl has changed from being a series of commercial adverts with interruptions for a football game (which itself features more adverts) to a series of commercial advertisements with interruptions for a football game (which itself features more adverts) and for a pop/rock concert (which itself features more adverts).
    That's my gripe with it, too. I followed the entire NFL season this year which was a lot of fun, but the Superbowl always reminds me of the excesses of American culture. Absolutely no subtlety throughout the day, just non-stop grandiosity.

10. Top | #10
    Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by thebeave View Post
    I would think that left wing feminists would be fussing about this, more than right wingers, given how they go off on ring girls, swimsuit posters, etc. Basically, anything sexy women do/wear that gives men a boner, as its been explained on this forum.
    And yet that isn't happening, b/c the fact is that there are many many times more right wingers wanting to control women' sexuality (pretty much all Republicans) than there are feminists who want to do so.