Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Are you a Free Thinker?

1. Top | #21
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve_bank View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by aupmanyav View Post
    I consider myself a free-thinker. I am a strong atheist but still a Hindu following non-dual belief (Advaita). My 'advaita' does not wholly depend on what is generally written in Hindu scriptures or followed by most Hindus (which envisages a Supreme Spirit and souls). I consider Buddha and the first Sankaracharya as my gurus but differ from both of them. Actually, my views are closer to a predecessor of Sankaracharya - Gaudapada. He was a true atheist (Gaudapada - Wikipedia). I did not have to abandon Hinduism because Hinduism accepts reasonable differences of views. So, it is not necessary that a free-thinker should always be without religion. Buddha too was a free-thinker.
    I understand the meaning of the symbol in India, do you realize how that will be interpreted on social media over here? A Nazi symbol on a head. Over here that says Neo-Nazi. Skinheads.
    Good of you to point it out to him, but it's not his problem, it's their ignorance so it's their problem, Wiki could set it right.. What could he do? Submit to the ignoramuses and join them? This is not an exclusively US forum.

2. Top | #22
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I understand the meaning of the symbol in India, do you realize how that will be interpreted on social media over here? A Nazi symbol on a head. Over here that says Neo-Nazi. Skinheads.
    If you understand, why do you complain? And those who do not know need to know and not have prejudices against it. Swastika does not belong to Nazis.

3. Top | #23
    Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by aupmanyav View Post
    If you understand, why do you complain? And those who do not know need to know and not have prejudices against it. Swastika does not belong to Nazis.
    Not a complaint, an observation .