Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Just A Little Pro-Life

1. Top | #1
    Loony Running The Asylum ZiprHead's Avatar
    Archived
    Total Posts

Just A Little Pro-Life

Yes, this is real. She's "Pro Life Momma" on wordpress.
    When conservatives realize they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will abandon democracy.

2. Top | #2
    She is... very bad at representing herself. She says in vague terms she helped find people to care for the baby, so perhaps she has taken more responsibility here than her initial post indicates. But she decides to express that sentiment as this:

Kati needs money.
    Kati asks me to go rob someone.
    I say no I won't ruin my life to get her money.
    But I find an angel investor to give Kati money so nobody needs to be robbed.
    Kati now has money.

Am I a bad guy for not ruining my life by saying yes to Kati's first request?
    To some extent, I can understand she is probably being inundated right now with reactions ranging from supportive, to critical, to vile. But in general much of her content seems to be a mess. It would be lovely to say this woman is a minor player who would probably be best ignored, but it's disconcerting if she seeks out women in vulnerable positions with the primary aim of talking them out of abortion.

3. Top | #3
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    "don't abort, even if you can't afford the baby!"

"I can't afford a baby, I'm not going to accept responsibility for a baby I can't afford!"

Like, bitch, if you're not going to accept responsibility for a human being out of the blue, you shouldn't be trying to convince others they should.

Like, you engineered a situation where a child ended up in foster care. There's no justifying that kind of hypocrisy.

4. Top | #4
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Sounds like some people should be more careful what they say.

5. Top | #5
    Banned
    Archived
    Total Posts
    She chose her words poorly, but it isn't like she got herself pregnant and wants to abort (and kill) the unborn. She just doesn't want to take personal responsibility for the baby another person made. How this is read will vary based on how one views abortion (is it the killing of an innocent person or is it just a choice if a person will be made?). So I can see why she and others on her side won't understand why many of you on the opposite side see what she's said as hypocritical.

6. Top | #6
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly_Penguin View Post
    She chose her words poorly, but it isn't like she got herself pregnant and wants to abort (and kill) the unborn.
    Which words... in her post... or in her conversation with a pregnant woman looking to get an abortion and being told she help her in any way she could?
    She just doesn't want to take personal responsibility for the baby another person made. How this is read will vary based on how one views abortion (is it the killing of an innocent person or is it just a choice if a person will be made?). So I can see why she and others on her side won't understand why many of you on the opposite side see what she's said as hypocritical.
    This goes beyond just being hypocritical. It is about inserting ones judgment into another's life... convincing people incapable of raising a child to have a child and try to raise it... to then lead to the real world suffering of the child (an infant) in such a way that the child needs to be removed from their home. To have it happen this quickly is alarming!

Her reaction to the whole thing should be leading to an epiphany that maybe she needs to stop playing god with people's lives. Instead she decides to vent "Woe is me."

7. Top | #7
    Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    She chose her words poorly, but it isn't like she got herself pregnant and wants to abort (and kill) the unborn. She just doesn't want to take personal responsibility for the baby another person made. How this is read will vary based on how one views abortion (is it the killing of an innocent person or is it just a choice if a person will be made?). So I can see why she and others on her side won't understand why many of you on the opposite side see what she's said as hypocritical.
    Biology may not be your long suit so I’ll just explain now: a woman does not get herself pregnant. Human beings do not reproduce by parthenogenesis .

So, she can’t handle the baby because she already works too much, it would harm her marriage and wreck her health. But it’s ok in her mind for the pregnant woman to have a baby she is already working too much, it would harm her marriage/relationship and harm her physical health.

What makes her so special that she should not have to take care of a baby the other woman cannot take care of? Nobody is suggesting that the fetus be transplanted into her uterus.

Why does she think the woman seeking a abortion wants one? Probably because she already works too much, it would harm her relationship and risks harming her health. That’s why most women seek abortions: they can’t juggle a job or school and a baby, not to mention the fact that many women are penalized at school and work for being pregnant; it would harm her relationships, and it would risk her health.

Hypocrisy? Lack of empathy? It’s both. Plus the desire to punish women for getting pregnant.

8. Top | #8
    Banned
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Higgins View Post
    She chose her words poorly, but it isn't like she got herself pregnant and wants to abort (and kill) the unborn.
    Which words... in her post... or in her conversation with a pregnant woman looking to get an abortion and being told she help her in any way she could?
    She just doesn't want to take personal responsibility for the baby another person made. How this is read will vary based on how one views abortion (is it the killing of an innocent person or is it just a choice if a person will be made?). So I can see why she and others on her side won't understand why many of you on the opposite side see what she's said as hypocritical.
    This goes beyond just being hypocritical. It is about inserting ones judgment into another's life... convincing people incapable of raising a child to have a child and try to raise it... to then lead to the real world suffering of the child (an infant) in such a way that the child needs to be removed from their home. To have it happen this quickly is alarming!

Her reaction to the whole thing should be leading to an epiphany that maybe she needs to stop playing god with people's lives. Instead she decides to vent "Woe is me."
    What you write here makes perfect sense, unless you view abortion as the murder of an innocent person, as I gather she does.

9. Top | #9
    Banned
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Toni View Post
    Biology may not be your long suit so I’ll just explain now: a woman does not get herself pregnant. Human beings do not reproduce by parthenogenesis .
    Gee thanks Toni. And here I thought humans reproduced like ameobas.... Yes she got herself pregnant. That doesn't mean nobody else was involved. And short of rape, it was entirely her choice to do what people do to make babies.

So, she can’t handle the baby because she already works too much, it would harm her marriage and wreck her health. But it’s ok in her mind for the pregnant woman to have a baby she is already working too much, it would harm her marriage/relationship and harm her physical health.
    Again, in the one case we are talking about killing something/someone and in the other we are not. That will matter or not matter to you depending on how you view abortion, and if you see it as the killing of an innocent human being / person. I get it that you don't. She apparently does.

Moreover, what she wrote doesn't insist that the other woman raise the baby, only that she not kill the baby before the baby is born. She even says that child services were right to take the baby from the mother, calling it justified. That goes against this idea that she insisted the mother raise the baby.

Why does she think the woman seeking a abortion wants one? Probably because she already works too much, it would harm her relationship and risks harming her health. That’s why most women seek abortions: they can’t juggle a job or school and a baby, not to mention the fact that many women are penalized at school and work for being pregnant; it would harm her relationships, and it would risk her health.
    Yes. We all see that. She probably sees that herself. But she doesn't think it justifies killing the baby.

Hypocrisy? Lack of empathy? It’s both. Plus the desire to punish women for getting pregnant.
    She would fire right back at you and wonder where your empathy is for the baby if you are ok with it's killing in the womb.

I'm a bit surprised at how you are unable or unwilling to understand her mindset even if you disagree with it. You think this is about her wanting to control the woman's life etc. But this is just as consistent with what she will actually tell you; that its about not killing innocent people. That she in the same tweet writes about not wanting people to impede on her own life choices (which doesn't involve a killing if she does it her way though - the important difference) is why it was a poor choice of words. Your reaction to it was predictable and she should have phrased it differently.

10. Top | #10
    Veteran Member

Gee thanks Toni. And here I thought humans reproduced like ameobas.... Yes she got herself pregnant. That doesn't mean nobody else was involved. And short of rape, it was entirely her choice to do what people do to make babies.

Again, in the one case we are talking about killing something/someone and in the other we are not. That will matter or not matter to you depending on how you view abortion, and if you see it as the killing of an innocent human being / person. I get it that you don't. She apparently does.

Moreover, what she wrote doesn't insist that the other woman raise the baby, only that she not kill the baby before the baby is born. She even says that child services were right to take the baby from the mother, calling it justified. That goes against this idea that she insisted the mother raise the baby.

Yes. We all see that. She probably sees that herself. But she doesn't think it justifies killing the baby.

She would fire right back at you and wonder where your empathy is for the baby if you are ok with it's killing in the womb.

I'm a bit surprised at how you are unable or unwilling to understand her mindset even if you disagree with it. You think this is about her wanting to control the woman's life etc. But this is just as consistent with what she will actually tell you; that its about not killing people. That she in the same tweet writes about not wanting people to impede on her own life choices (which doesn't involve a killing if she does it her way though - the important difference) is why it was a poor choice of words. Your reaction to it was predictable and she should have phrased it differently.
    Your post only makes sense in the context of "a fetus in the womb is the same as a fully formed human person". It is not. So it makes no sense to call the removal of a clumpy wad of cells, like performing a biopsy of a small bit of tissue, "murder". This is why these two camps talk past each other. We cannot agree on what we are talking about.
    No one disagrees that murder is bad. No one disagrees that a biopsy of a few cells is not murder. The disagreement is is about if those cells have a soul... and that can be argued in church, in my opinion, not in the courts.