Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Facebook's Traffic Down 50% in Two Years" - Facebook Discussion

1. Top | #11
    Deus Meumque Jus
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by southernhybrid View Post
    The weird thing to me is that the stock prices is still rather high for this piece of shit thing. Is that because a lot of advertisers use FB? Or does FB own a lot more shit than I realize? I haven't read FB's recent earning numbers, I'm always hearing controversial things about how the site is run, etc. I think it would be a good thing if FB and Twitter died a quick death.
    Mainly because they've bought out competitors and have been able to diversify. For example, they also own Instagram which is quite popular right now.

2. Top | #12
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I have avoided FB. As a long time reader of Slashdot, FB's rather cavalier attitude to privacy and tracking has been discussed on /. so I avoided FB for that reason. Fiascos such as allowing politicians to spread knowing lies on FB do not make me want to bother with their sorry asses.
    Cheerful Charlie

3. Top | #13
    Super Moderator
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Some of my hiking groups use it for organizing. I find it useful for that, and sometimes for "login with facebook". I don't believe I've ever actually made a post on my wall, though.

4. Top | #14
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I use Facebook for keeping contact with people, and occasionally various Facebook groups. I really like the Messenger app. I have not bothered with status updates and the like for almost a decade.

5. Top | #15
    Banned
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I used to use Facebook. At one point I was one of those people with over 200 Facebook friends. Then I decided to purge it and brought it down to only a couple dozen; only those who I actually saw on a regular basis in real life. Then about a year and a half ago I just stopped using it completely and have not logged back into it since. I don't know why. I think I was using it merely out habit, changed my home PC and didn't bother to check/change my password and log into it.

That made me wonder how much of my online activity is primarily due to force of habit, and I had to answer it is a lot (including posting here).

6. Top | #16
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I spend perhaps 3-4 hours daily on Facebook. That includes using the messenger app. Every now and then I do a cull of phantom friends to make room for new friends. I for one love it including participating in various groups like atheism and many others.