Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Biden Lost His Mind?

1. Top | #1
    Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts

Has Biden Lost His Mind?

Link to video on Twitter

“I’m Joe Biden, I’m a candidate for the United States Senate. Look me over, if you like what you see, help out.

If not, vote for the other Biden.”

- Joe Biden, moments ago. Not a joke. I’m serious, he actually just said this.
    Says he is running for Senate and if you don't like him to vote for the other Biden.

Not understanding who you are and getting cranky with voters asking questions seems indicative of neurologic impairment or maybe Alzheimer's coming on.

I continue to worry about his state of mind.

2. Top | #2
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Eh. I would say this is within the realm of a normal flub.

If it becomes part of a pattern, then maybe it's bad.

But the guy was in the senate for decades, over 30 years, and probably said that phrase in very similar contexts many, many times. No doubt, most of what candidates say is totally coming from autopilot. I think the whole "vote for the other Biden" is a joke, maybe one of his canned lines.

3. Top | #3
    Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J842P View Post

It seems like it is a pattern.

But the guy was in the senate for decades, over 30 years, and probably said that phrase in very similar contexts many, many times. No doubt, most of what candidates say is totally coming from autopilot. I think the whole "vote for the other Biden" is a joke, maybe one of his canned lines.
    I can accept that he could screw up due to exhaustion of running around and speaking on empty. But he seems to constantly be saying crazy things. In the other thread just yesterday I had said he seemed to have been losing his mind merely due to all the other things he has said. Now, on top of that assessment I already made, now I read in the news this story which seems to fit with everything else.

4. Top | #4
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Don2 (Don1 Revised) View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by J842P View Post

It seems like it is a pattern.
    Yup. Anytime I hear him speak at length, it reminds me of my 91 old dad (dead now) on pain meds. The dude has gone past his prime, and it baffles me why anyone would want him to be the nominee to stand up against FFvC, no matter what one thinks of his views/stances.

5. Top | #5
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I don't know. The man has had a problem with stuttering for much of his early life, which he has somewhat over come. I tend to think that when he gets nervous, he fucks up his speech even more than usual. Of course, he's past his prime. All three old guys in this race are well past their prime. And, then we have one who isn't ready for prime time. What's your point, that we're fucked?

I keep telling myself that any of these old guys aren't nearly as insane as the current old guy in the WH. I hope that will help me vote for one in November.

Btw, that tweet is no longer available. Was it even real? Considering how people are using technology to make other people look stupid, crazy, older, ugly etc. do we even know what is real anymore?

6. Top | #6
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    That would make a classic debate -- Sleepy Joe v. Slurring Donald...

Rachel Maddow: How would each of you confront a possible missile strike by the North Koreans? Mr. President?
    Donald: It won't happen while I'm Preshident. You go back to the oranges of the -- you go to the oranges -- the oranges of it -- ORANGES -- and it's weak Preshidents who let the Koreans laugh at the United Staesh...for too many years. And all these weak Democrats in the House -- these are horrible, horrible people, the scum of the earth -- they are turning the Pacific Ocean into a skantuary zone for all the bad guys with nuclear weaponsh, who are laughing, laughing at us!! We are going to bomb the shit out of them if they threaten us.
    Rachel Maddow: Vice President Biden?
    Joe: (Chuckles) I have to laugh because those bad guys are laughing at this President, not at our military power. I was there with President Obama when we successfully brought Iran to the negotiating table. Before that, I had a situation where I called a guy named Corn Pop a name -- actually I called him Esther Williams, and he came at me with a switchblade. And I called Barack, who was there practicing his high dive, and together we talked Corn Pop off his challenge. And you haven't heard bad stuff about Corn Pop since, have you?
    Donald: Or-an-ges...ORANGES.

7. Top | #7
    Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Don2, you just discovered this?

Welcome to the Russian right-wing conspiracy.

8. Top | #8
    Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by southernhybrid View Post
    Btw, that tweet is no longer available.
    The Tweeter is probably getting threats and verbal attacks with the way the world is now. I don't have a twitter account and know plenty of people who have to take breaks from it or disable their accounts when sharing something controversial. The video is here, too:
    https://twitter.com/shaunking/status...61051816235009

9. Top | #9
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I keep telling myself that any of these old guys aren't nearly as insane as the current old guy in the WH.
    Your self is absolutely correct. And add that none them is nearly as malevolent.

10. Top | #10
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I don't know. The man has had a problem with stuttering for much of his early life, which he has somewhat over come. I tend to think that when he gets nervous, he fucks up his speech even more than usual. Of course, he's past his prime. All three old guys in this race are well past their prime. And, then we have one who isn't ready for prime time. What's your point, that we're fucked?
    I assume you are responding to my comment...I hate to use the word stammer (as I don't mean stutter), but Biden has lost it IMPOV. He wasn't anywhere near this bad as VP and earlier. Biden's lack of speaking ability could cost the Dem's the 2020 Presidency, if he got the nod, not that I think he can win the primary. It doesn't matter that he's going against a clown stick, who talks like a lune. Bernie may be a little wild, but he speaks far better... Personally, I wish both had put their ego's aside and had acted as God fathers to the rest of the younger Dems in the running to beat FFvC.