Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NYC: Four babies get genitals mutilated with bonus STD

1. Top | #1
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts

NYC: Four babies get genitals mutilated with bonus STD

It's absolutely unacceptable for men to suck blood off infant penises. It's unhygienic and just a bit weird.

What people should do is carefully put some Dettol on the penis of the infant they've just mutilated. I mean, herpes is for life, you know? Whereas mutilating the penises of baby boys lasts...some other time period.

https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2020/02/f...cision-ritual/

A seldom-practiced religious ritual has led to a cluster of herpes cases among infants, New York City health officials said Sunday. At least four infants have contracted the potentially fatal viral disease since last September, all after undergoing a circumcision during which the circumciser placed their mouth on the genital wound.

Last September, health officials issued a public health alert about the practice, known as metzitzah b’peh, following a case of neonatal herpes reported to the New York City Health Department. On Sunday, the Wall Street Journal reported there have been three more cases documented in NYC since December.

Jewish circumcision nowadays rarely involves any oral contact between the baby’s genitals and the circumciser, or mohel, and is actively discouraged by the community at large. But the ancient practice of suction—said to cleanse the wound—is still performed within some ultra-orthodox communities.

There are two species of virus that can cause herpes: herpes simplex 1 (HSV-1) and herpes simplex 2 (HSV-2). HSV-1 typically causes oral herpes and is much more common, affecting over half the U.S. population, while HSV-2 typically causes genital herpes (that said, both viruses can also sometimes cause the other type of infection). Most people with HSV-1 never experience any symptoms, and acute cases are usually mild and self-limiting. But in infants, an infection can be life-threatening and require urgent care.

According to the Wall Street Journal, the infants were all hospitalized and received two weeks of intense antiviral therapy but are now recovering. There have been several deaths and cases of irreparable brain damage linked to circumcision-related herpes in the city since 2000, however.

Since April 2006, there have been 19 other documented herpes cases related to circumcision, excluding the current wave of cases, according to the health department’s recent public alert.

Many Jewish parents may not even know about the health risks of the ritual or that there are other religiously sanctioned alternatives that are perfectly safe, health officials have said in the past. And even if they decide to go ahead with the ritual, there are still ways to reduce the risk of transmission, such as the mohel using alcohol-containing mouthwash immediately before the ceremony. The city has also mandated that mohels previously identified to have spread herpes not conduct these types of circumcisions any longer.

2. Top | #2
    Banned
    Archived
    Total Posts
    That's pretty disgusting. They should be charged and if this is proved then jailed.

3. Top | #3
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Lots of cults have pedophilic tinges, some become "religions" just by enduring.

Imagine if The Family would last for two thousand years

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Family_International

4. Top | #4
    Banned
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Too often horrible actions are masked by religion.

5. Top | #5
    Veteran Member
    The practice of sucking the wound clean is more ancient than the over-sexualized west. Only an American can possibly see the practice as some kind of means to have oral sex with a baby.. This speaks to the insanely over-sexed and undereducated American brain. This is also more rarely practiced today than the litteral "taking up of snakes" that, like, Bob, Jimbo and their 10 friends still do in buttfuck alabama or wherever.

That said... the super-orthodox male NY Jews are absolutely terrible human beings, though.. They are widely hated by all NY'ers.. even the only slightly less orthodox ones.
    Just take a flight to Israel and sit next to one (if you are male.. if you are female, they will find you a new seat or kick you off the plane)... see if you can last a few hours without killing him or puking all over him.

6. Top | #6
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I'm not quite sure I conveyed what I meant to by the OP.

Sucking the blood away from an infant boy's penis with your mouth is, um, kinda weird and gross.

But this story only appeared because some boys got herpes from it.

The story didn't appear because SOMEBODY MUTILATED THE GENITALS OF A BABY BOY FOR NO REASON. Mutilating the genitals of baby boys is no big deal. No, the REAL problem is mohels touching said genitals with their lips for a few seconds.

7. Top | #7
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Whether or not circumcision is "mutilation" of the penis is an aesthetic judgment not a fact. There are many men who have been circumcised who do not feel their penis has been mutilated.

8. Top | #8
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    No doubt there are women who feel they haven't been mutilated by female genital mutilation.

The facts don't change because of people's feelings.

verb (used with object), mu·ti·lat·ed, mu·ti·lat·ing.
    to injure, disfigure, or make imperfect by removing or irreparably damaging parts

9. Top | #9
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post
    No doubt there are women who feel they haven't been mutilated by female genital mutilation.

The facts don't change because of people's feelings.

verb (used with object), mu·ti·lat·ed, mu·ti·lat·ing.
    to injure, disfigure, or make imperfect by removing or irreparably damaging parts
    It is not a fact that circumcision of the penis (which, by the women do not have) disfigures or makes the penis imperfect. The circumcision causes momentary pain, so whether one wishes to call it an injury is a judgment call not a fact.

I am not defending circumcision. I am pointing out your rhetoric tricks.

10. Top | #10
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    It is not a fact that circumcision of the penis (which, by the women do not have)
    laughing dog, you need to go to the naughty corner! Lots of women have penises! Why are you so transphobic?

disfigures or makes the penis imperfect. The circumcision causes momentary pain, so whether one wishes to call it an injury is a judgment call not a fact.
    A male genital mutilation is irreversible and permanently changes the genitals of boys (and the men they become). That is where the disfiguring comes from.

I am not defending circumcision. I am pointing out your rhetoric tricks.
    I'm glad you are not defending male genital mutilation performed on infant boys.

I've always said any man (or woman) is free to mutilate his own penis on the day he turns 18. I've known men who have mutilated their own penises by drilling a hole through it and putting a metal bar through the hole. As somebody who really likes penises, I find that unbelievably off-putting, but it isn't my business what ADULTS do to their own bodies.