Page 69 of 270 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119169 ... LastLast
Results 681 to 690 of 2691

Thread: Trump VS COVID-19 Threat

  1. Top | #681
    Content Thief Elixir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Mountains
    Posts
    13,194
    Archived
    707
    Total Posts
    13,901
    Rep Power
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post
    The virus is certainly a threat. But it is not a threat on the level of, "OMG! WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!"
    Yeah, we should all take solace from what we are told by THIS GUY:

    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post
    My prediction is that by April we will be laughing going,
    "Remember how everyone panicked over the coronavirus
    because the media started fear mongering?"
    Whatever you say, Kimosabe. Are you laughing yet?

    Couple of facts for you:
    NEW RECORDS TODAY
    Total Cases: 123,578
    New Cases: 19,452
    Total Deaths: 2,221
    New Deaths: 525

    Meanwhile you're still posting crap like
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post
    This quarantine will work. I guarantee it. April 12 we will be up and running.
    The cases are going to start declining in the U.S. starting around the next few days.
    By April 1, we will see a steady downstream and be on our way out.
    You GUARANTEE? I guarantee you're wrong.
    There is no reason to believe we are anywhere near the top of "the curve", with only 7 people per million dead. The smaller countries with more dead have 128 to 166 dead per million population and they're not done yet.

    Yes, a lot of people will die and it's tragic
    A lot of the tens of thousands that are going to die in relatively short order, are direct victims of Donald J. Trump's inaction, failure to heed intelligence warnings and desire to downplay the danger as you continue to do, by lying about it.
    That's not just tragic, it's criminal.

    WHERE'S THAT "STEADY DOWNSTREAM", HALFIE?

    How many more record days before you admit that your "steady downstream" bullshit is just bullshit?

  2. Top | #682
    Veteran Member braces_for_impact's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Clearwater, FL.
    Posts
    3,198
    Archived
    6,637
    Total Posts
    9,835
    Rep Power
    72
    Wow, I come back to look around and 69 pages in this thread eh? Are there Trump humpers actually defending this orange clown? Trump is going to cost a LOT of people their lives, and I lament the fact that we cannot remove him from leadership. He is obviously completely overwhelmed, and lacks the mental capacity to deal with this situation. I only wish he was criminally liable for his leadership somehow.
    I take all knowledge to be my province.
    -Sir Francis Bacon

  3. Top | #683
    Contributor repoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    6,925
    Archived
    2,280
    Total Posts
    9,205
    Rep Power
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by lpetrich View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post
    The virus is certainly a threat. But it is not a threat on the level of, "OMG! WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!" like the media wants you to believe. Yes, a lot of people will die and it's tragic, but it will eventually get back to normal.
    But it's a MUCH worse threat than illegal immigrants or Islamist terrorists, a MUCH MUCH MUCH worse threat, and I know what you think about illegal immigrants and Islamist terrorists, Half-Life.

    I marvel at the complacency that I see about the disease from the Right. The right wing normally prides itself on how attuned to danger it is, but here is a big danger, and many right-wingers seem happy with it.
    I am a (mostly) rightist who also is concerned about this virus and global warming as well as immigration and Islam. Ecology, socialism for citizens and nationalism for the win.

    Otherwise you are being led by the nose by the likes of Ben Shapiro and Charlie "Staple a green card to every diploma" Kirk.

  4. Top | #684
    Administrator lpetrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    Posts
    9,614
    Archived
    16,829
    Total Posts
    26,443
    Rep Power
    84
    American Idiot - Unprecedented - "A running list of the dumbest things Trump has said about the coronavirus"
    July 24, 2018: “Don't believe the crap you see from these people, the fake news. ... What you're seeing and what you're reading is not what's happening.”

    The Mueller Report? HOAX!

    Impeachment? HOAX!

    Coronavirus? What will those Democrats think of next!
    It's hard to make selections from the dumb things that the author has collected, but I'll try.
    January 22: “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. It’s going to be just fine.”

    February 10: “A lot of people think that goes away in April with the heat — as the heat comes in.”

    February 24: “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA… Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”

    February 27: “One day it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”

    March 5: “The United States… has, as of now, only 129 cases… and 11 deaths. We are working very hard to keep these numbers as low as possible!”

    March 6: “I don't need to have the numbers double because of one ship that wasn't our fault.”

    March 9: “This blindsided the world.”

    March 13: “When you compare what we’ve done to other areas of the world, it’s pretty incredible.”

    March 17: “I have always known this is a real, this is a pandemic. I’ve felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic… I’ve always viewed it as very serious.”

    March 25: “It’s hard not be happy with the job we’re doing, that I can tell you.”

    March 27: “You can call it a germ. You can call it a flu. You can call it a virus.... I’m not sure anybody even knows what it is.”

  5. Top | #685

  6. Top | #686
    Contributor repoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    6,925
    Archived
    2,280
    Total Posts
    9,205
    Rep Power
    75
    means testing leads to a lot of resentment

  7. Top | #687

  8. Top | #688
    Elder Contributor angelo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    12,408
    Archived
    5,706
    Total Posts
    18,114
    Rep Power
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by braces_for_impact View Post
    Wow, I come back to look around and 69 pages in this thread eh? Are there Trump humpers actually defending this orange clown? Trump is going to cost a LOT of people their lives, and I lament the fact that we cannot remove him from leadership. He is obviously completely overwhelmed, and lacks the mental capacity to deal with this situation. I only wish he was criminally liable for his leadership somehow.
    You hate the man that much huh? Well, there's really nothing he's done, at least proven that could be labeled criminal, but Americans do get the choice to throw him out this coming November!

  9. Top | #689
    Elder Contributor
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Located 100 miles east of A in America
    Posts
    26,906
    Archived
    42,473
    Total Posts
    69,379
    Rep Power
    100
    Arguably criminally negligent. He argued that hospitals usually have one ventilator. Therefore NY doesn’t need them.

  10. Top | #690
    Elder Contributor angelo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    12,408
    Archived
    5,706
    Total Posts
    18,114
    Rep Power
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Higgins View Post
    Arguably criminally negligent. He argued that hospitals usually have one ventilator. Therefore NY doesn’t need them.
    I was under the impression, but I could be hopelessly misinformed, that the Trump said NY doesn't need 30.000 ventilators.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •