Page 72 of 270 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122172 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump VS COVID-19 Threat

1. Top | #711
    Banned
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ZiprHead View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post

Yo know why Trump always says, "No one's done more than me" or "no country is better than ours" or "I'm doing the best job of any President?" It's because he has confidence. Confident people talk like that. He's always a businessman. What's the motto of business? Always be selling. Trump is constantly selling our country, himself, his administration, the people of our country, etc. It makes people idiots happy and comforted when they hear stuff like that.

No one wants to hear a President say, "Well I guess I'm good but others before me were better." People would hear that and go, "What a spineless weenie."
    FTFY
    Childish. It's true. People respond better to people who speak with confidence, not to people who sound like they are second guessing themselves.

This is a common rule of life. Who would you trust more? Someone who says, "Yes, I can do that for you no problem!" or someone who says, "Gee...I don't know...maybe I can do it...*scratches head*....but I'm not completely sure...I guess I can..."

2. Top | #712
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Childish. It's true. People respond better to people who speak with confidence, not to people who sound like they are second guessing themselves.

This is a common rule of life. Who would you trust more? Someone who says, "Yes, I can do that for you no problem!" or someone who says, "Gee...I don't know...maybe I can do it...*scratches head*....but I'm not completely sure...I guess I can..."
    You need to get an education, so you can understand what a false dichotomy is. Not a single country where the coronavirus is under control has its leadership acting in either way you described. How's that for a mind fuck? Trump speaking with confidence makes him about as credible as this guy:

But hey, at least he's doing it with confidence!

3. Top | #713
    Loony Running The Asylum ZiprHead's Avatar
    Archived
    Total Posts
    When conservatives realize they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will abandon democracy.

4. Top | #714
    Banned
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ZiprHead View Post
    And the excuse for Italy's numbers rising? How often did their President play golf? I'll wait patiently for the answer.

5. Top | #715
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    And the excuse for Italy's numbers rising? How often did their President play golf? I'll wait patiently for the answer.
    Italy's numbers have fuck all to do with Trumps shitty mismanagement of the crisis. Hope that helps.

6. Top | #716
    Banned
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Patooka View Post
    Italy's numbers have fuck all to do with Trumps shitty mismanagement of the crisis. Hope that helps.
    No, it shows that it's not Trump's fault. If every other country was perfectly fine and the U.S. was the only country with cases, you'd have a point.

It also doesn't help that China's been lying to us since the beginning about the virus. People claim "China is back to normal!" but the media doesn't show the riots they are having in the streets. "Back to normal" indeed. It's funny when people take a communist's regimes word as gospel.

7. Top | #717
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts

The confirmed cases chart for the US, Italy, and Spain if people are curious about which nation has fared worse regarding rate of increase. Data is taken from Wiki.

The good news is that the rate of increase in cases in NY and NJ which is driving the bulk of cases is slowing down. The trouble is Illinois, Louisiana, Michigan are starting to jump up.

8. Top | #718
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    No, it shows that it's not Trump's fault. If every other country was perfectly fine and the U.S. was the only country with cases, you'd have a point.
    I concede to your superior wisdom on how accountability works. If someone does a shittier job than you, then you are completely off the hook when you fuck up. I had no idea that's how real life works.

9. Top | #719
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Patooka View Post
    ONLY if we were also saying thgat other countries made no mistakes.

But Trump still made several choices with direct consequences. Choices to end critical positions, defund critical agencies, ignore intel reports.
    And lie. Lie, lie, lie.
    It also doesn't help that China's been lying to us since the beginning about the virus.
    so, would have been useful if the US had a doctor working at thrur version of the CDC, no? Someone in a position to tell us the real story?
    A position that Trump chose to end?

This is one of those choices with direct consequences.
    People claim "China is back to normal!" but the media doesn't show the riots they are having in the streets. "Back to normal" indeed. It's funny when people take a communist's regimes word as gospel.
    As opposed to taking Trump's lies as useful?

10. Top | #720
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Looking at the Spain, Italy, and US numbers, I ponder if there are metrics that are not being taken into account, such as the population of each nation. But on the other hand, there is also the population density as well. Italy's population density is more than 5 times that of the Continental US. Italy is more densely populated than the NE United States! So maybe the numbers are even worse than the appear for the US.