Page 72 of 270 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122172 ... LastLast
Results 711 to 720 of 2691

Thread: Trump VS COVID-19 Threat

  1. Top | #711
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    3,198
    Archived
    1,250
    Total Posts
    4,448
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ZiprHead View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post

    Yo know why Trump always says, "No one's done more than me" or "no country is better than ours" or "I'm doing the best job of any President?" It's because he has confidence. Confident people talk like that. He's always a businessman. What's the motto of business? Always be selling. Trump is constantly selling our country, himself, his administration, the people of our country, etc. It makes people idiots happy and comforted when they hear stuff like that.

    No one wants to hear a President say, "Well I guess I'm good but others before me were better." People would hear that and go, "What a spineless weenie."
    FTFY
    Childish. It's true. People respond better to people who speak with confidence, not to people who sound like they are second guessing themselves.

    This is a common rule of life. Who would you trust more? Someone who says, "Yes, I can do that for you no problem!" or someone who says, "Gee...I don't know...maybe I can do it...*scratches head*....but I'm not completely sure...I guess I can..."

  2. Top | #712
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,641
    Archived
    229
    Total Posts
    2,870
    Rep Power
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post
    Childish. It's true. People respond better to people who speak with confidence, not to people who sound like they are second guessing themselves.

    This is a common rule of life. Who would you trust more? Someone who says, "Yes, I can do that for you no problem!" or someone who says, "Gee...I don't know...maybe I can do it...*scratches head*....but I'm not completely sure...I guess I can..."
    You need to get an education, so you can understand what a false dichotomy is. Not a single country where the coronavirus is under control has its leadership acting in either way you described. How's that for a mind fuck? Trump speaking with confidence makes him about as credible as this guy:



    But hey, at least he's doing it with confidence!

  3. Top | #713
    Loony Running The Asylum ZiprHead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Do you like my pretty crown?
    Posts
    18,353
    Archived
    3,034
    Total Posts
    21,387
    Rep Power
    94
    When conservatives realize they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will abandon democracy.

  4. Top | #714
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    3,198
    Archived
    1,250
    Total Posts
    4,448
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ZiprHead View Post
    And the excuse for Italy's numbers rising? How often did their President play golf? I'll wait patiently for the answer.

  5. Top | #715
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,641
    Archived
    229
    Total Posts
    2,870
    Rep Power
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post
    And the excuse for Italy's numbers rising? How often did their President play golf? I'll wait patiently for the answer.
    Italy's numbers have fuck all to do with Trumps shitty mismanagement of the crisis. Hope that helps.

  6. Top | #716
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    3,198
    Archived
    1,250
    Total Posts
    4,448
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Patooka View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post
    And the excuse for Italy's numbers rising? How often did their President play golf? I'll wait patiently for the answer.
    Italy's numbers have fuck all to do with Trumps shitty mismanagement of the crisis. Hope that helps.
    No, it shows that it's not Trump's fault. If every other country was perfectly fine and the U.S. was the only country with cases, you'd have a point.

    It also doesn't help that China's been lying to us since the beginning about the virus. People claim "China is back to normal!" but the media doesn't show the riots they are having in the streets. "Back to normal" indeed. It's funny when people take a communist's regimes word as gospel.

  7. Top | #717
    Elder Contributor
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Located 100 miles east of A in America
    Posts
    26,908
    Archived
    42,473
    Total Posts
    69,381
    Rep Power
    100


    The confirmed cases chart for the US, Italy, and Spain if people are curious about which nation has fared worse regarding rate of increase. Data is taken from Wiki.

    The good news is that the rate of increase in cases in NY and NJ which is driving the bulk of cases is slowing down. The trouble is Illinois, Louisiana, Michigan are starting to jump up.

  8. Top | #718
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,641
    Archived
    229
    Total Posts
    2,870
    Rep Power
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post
    No, it shows that it's not Trump's fault. If every other country was perfectly fine and the U.S. was the only country with cases, you'd have a point.
    I concede to your superior wisdom on how accountability works. If someone does a shittier job than you, then you are completely off the hook when you fuck up. I had no idea that's how real life works.

  9. Top | #719
    Elder Contributor Keith&Co.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Far Western Mass
    Posts
    18,359
    Archived
    24,500
    Total Posts
    42,859
    Rep Power
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patooka View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post
    And the excuse for Italy's numbers rising? How often did their President play golf? I'll wait patiently for the answer.
    Italy's numbers have fuck all to do with Trumps shitty mismanagement of the crisis. Hope that helps.
    No, it shows that it's not Trump's fault. If every other country was perfectly fine and the U.S. was the only country with cases, you'd have a point.
    ONLY if we were also saying thgat other countries made no mistakes.

    But Trump still made several choices with direct consequences. Choices to end critical positions, defund critical agencies, ignore intel reports.
    And lie. Lie, lie, lie.
    It also doesn't help that China's been lying to us since the beginning about the virus.
    so, would have been useful if the US had a doctor working at thrur version of the CDC, no? Someone in a position to tell us the real story?
    A position that Trump chose to end?

    This is one of those choices with direct consequences.
    People claim "China is back to normal!" but the media doesn't show the riots they are having in the streets. "Back to normal" indeed. It's funny when people take a communist's regimes word as gospel.
    As opposed to taking Trump's lies as useful?

  10. Top | #720
    Elder Contributor
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Located 100 miles east of A in America
    Posts
    26,908
    Archived
    42,473
    Total Posts
    69,381
    Rep Power
    100
    Looking at the Spain, Italy, and US numbers, I ponder if there are metrics that are not being taken into account, such as the population of each nation. But on the other hand, there is also the population density as well. Italy's population density is more than 5 times that of the Continental US. Italy is more densely populated than the NE United States! So maybe the numbers are even worse than the appear for the US.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •