Page 44 of 125 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast
Results 431 to 440 of 1246

Thread: The Virus - Are You Affected?

  1. Top | #431
    Contributor DBT's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    ɹǝpunuʍop puɐן
    Posts
    9,915
    Archived
    17,906
    Total Posts
    27,821
    Rep Power
    73
    One report has it that the shutdown could be extended throughout the winter months. If that happens, can't imagine what the Australian economy will look like.

  2. Top | #432
    Elder Contributor
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Located 100 miles east of A in America
    Posts
    26,876
    Archived
    42,473
    Total Posts
    69,349
    Rep Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by marc View Post
    Schools in this area have tried using Zoom for virtual classrooms. But they apparently chose to not password protect the meetings. There is a story of non-students breaking into these Zoom meetings, and one apparently played video of the New Zealand mosque shooting, while saying a bunch of bigoted stuff. The schools are now reconsidering using Zoom. They have other resources for teachers to still work from home.
    People can really suck.

  3. Top | #433
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Burnsville, MN
    Posts
    3,704
    Archived
    2,911
    Total Posts
    6,615
    Rep Power
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Higgins View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by marc View Post
    Schools in this area have tried using Zoom for virtual classrooms. But they apparently chose to not password protect the meetings. There is a story of non-students breaking into these Zoom meetings, and one apparently played video of the New Zealand mosque shooting, while saying a bunch of bigoted stuff. The schools are now reconsidering using Zoom. They have other resources for teachers to still work from home.
    People can really suck.
    Yes they can, but this seems equal parts sucky trolls and sucky teachers. The moral of the story? There's a bare minimum of work necessary to keep trolls out

  4. Top | #434
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    always on the move
    Posts
    1,115
    Archived
    801
    Total Posts
    1,916
    Rep Power
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarhyn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Higgins View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by marc View Post
    Schools in this area have tried using Zoom for virtual classrooms. But they apparently chose to not password protect the meetings. There is a story of non-students breaking into these Zoom meetings, and one apparently played video of the New Zealand mosque shooting, while saying a bunch of bigoted stuff. The schools are now reconsidering using Zoom. They have other resources for teachers to still work from home.
    People can really suck.
    Yes they can, but this seems equal parts sucky trolls and sucky teachers. The moral of the story? There's a bare minimum of work necessary to keep trolls out
    It is not the teachers. They are just doing what the district and state administrators tell them. The administrators do not seem to have much idea what they are doing. Throwing thing together haphazardly to try and keep some semblance of classes going. The teachers I know hate using Zoom, and prefer the other tools they have, or would want the schools to just simply be closed for the time being.

  5. Top | #435
    Content Thief Elixir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Mountains
    Posts
    13,186
    Archived
    707
    Total Posts
    13,893
    Rep Power
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by barbos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DrZoidberg View Post

    Sorry. I meant Anthony Fauci.
    I know, I just don't understand how you managed to pull off such a typo.
    And I don't think Trump can fire Fauci either, not without 25th-ing himself.
    Are you kidding? He could shoot Fauci on live TV and the toadies in the Cabinet wouldn't "25" him.
    This government is 100% controlled by corrupt Republican kleptocrats, very much like Russia.

  6. Top | #436
    Elder Contributor
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Located 100 miles east of A in America
    Posts
    26,876
    Archived
    42,473
    Total Posts
    69,349
    Rep Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarhyn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Higgins View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by marc View Post
    Schools in this area have tried using Zoom for virtual classrooms. But they apparently chose to not password protect the meetings. There is a story of non-students breaking into these Zoom meetings, and one apparently played video of the New Zealand mosque shooting, while saying a bunch of bigoted stuff. The schools are now reconsidering using Zoom. They have other resources for teachers to still work from home.
    People can really suck.
    Yes they can, but this seems equal parts sucky trolls and sucky teachers. The moral of the story? There's a bare minimum of work necessary to keep trolls out
    Jebus man! Teachers are learning this stuff as they go. For roughly forever, teachers have been teaching in person. In a week, they need to flip to online learning. There will be bumps in the road. Schools aren't exactly oversaturated with IT support.

  7. Top | #437
    Loony Running The Asylum ZiprHead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Do you like my pretty crown?
    Posts
    18,331
    Archived
    3,034
    Total Posts
    21,365
    Rep Power
    94
    Wimbledon is cancelled.
    When conservatives realize they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will abandon democracy.

  8. Top | #438
    Elder Contributor
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Located 100 miles east of A in America
    Posts
    26,876
    Archived
    42,473
    Total Posts
    69,349
    Rep Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by ZiprHead View Post
    Wimbledon is cancelled.
    Time to drag out McEnroe v Borg.

  9. Top | #439
    Contributor
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,306
    Archived
    17,741
    Total Posts
    27,047
    Rep Power
    73
    Nah, these people should all play each other with Wii's.

  10. Top | #440
    Loony Running The Asylum ZiprHead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Do you like my pretty crown?
    Posts
    18,331
    Archived
    3,034
    Total Posts
    21,365
    Rep Power
    94
    Quote Originally Posted by Don2 (Don1 Revised) View Post
    Nah, these people should all play each other with Wii's.
    When conservatives realize they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will abandon democracy.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •