Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is going to vote for Trump?

1. Top | #1
    Archived
    Total Posts

Who is going to vote for Trump?

Who is going to vote for Trump who didn't vote for him in 2016?

I am having a hard time seeing it. Formerly left-leaning career criminals? Ivanka's new friends?
    Maybe some young aspiring mobsters? A former yoga instructor who has since gone into real estate development?

Everyone I know who still likes Trump, voted for him in 2016.
    A few who liked him in 2016 though, no longer like him and say they won't vote for him again.
    I don't know if that means they'll abstain, vote third party or vote Dem.

I believe that the intensity of Hillary Hatred will be hard to duplicate. From what I've read, most the millions of Americans who turned 18 since 2016 will vote against Trump.
    If all else remained the same, those two factors alone would be enough to tip the scales.

2. Top | #2
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Definitely asking in the wrong place. And, at least from the outside looking in, it's probably the wrong question to ask. The winner in every US Presidential election has been voter apathy. Not sure what, if anything, makes this one different.

3. Top | #3
    the baby-eater
    Archived
    Total Posts
    The US economy is doing pretty well right now, although Covid-19 might change that. If it stays strong until November, it might get some more people to vote for Trump.

4. Top | #4
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfield View Post
    The US economy is doing pretty well right now, although Covid-19 might change that. If it stays strong until November, it might get some more people to vote for Trump.
    Have you checked the stock market lately? If DJIA drops another 700 points today (as futures predict at the moment) it will be just a hair below its level in November 2018. Growth has slowed, job creation is below the level of Obama's last 3 years...
    The only people who believe in this greatest economy of all time are billionaires and the true trumpsuckers who believe everything he says even if it contradicts their own eyes. Plus, he's a total dickhead, and even his most ardent supporters tacitly admit it.

5. Top | #5
    the baby-eater
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elixir View Post
    Have you checked the stock market lately? If DJIA drops another 700 points today (as futures predict at the moment) it will be just a hair below its level in November 2018. Growth has slowed, job creation is below the level of Obama's last 3 years...
    Sorry, I think my info was a bit out of date. It appears the stock market was doing pretty well up until a couple of weeks ago. Bad news for Donald.

6. Top | #6
    the baby-eater
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I occasionally drop in on another forum where his supporters praise his honesty (he tells it like it is) integrity (draining the swamp), selflessness (sacrificing the time he would be spending on his business to serve the country), and intelligence (outsmarting Kim Jong Un). However the people I'm talking about are absolute fringe nutjobs.

7. Top | #7
    Archived
    Total Posts
    The only people who believe in this greatest economy of all time are billionaires and the true trumpsuckers who believe everything he says even if it contradicts their own eyes.
    Yeah, if current trends continue with Covid-19 and the markets, FFvC will be properly fucked in November. We are only a couple weeks behind SK and Italy/EU. With nearly 30 million w/o insurance, and so many with shitty health insurance, I can't see how we will fair any better than those 2 places. CNN had a 2 hour special last night on Covid-19, and I found one question interesting, even though she didn't really ask the right question. She asked why we aren't testing like SK with things like drive thru checks now available. Since SK has already tested more than twice as many people as we are supposed to have kits available today, of course can't do it yet. We aren't/weren't prepared. Her question should have been as to why SK has so many more testing kits than the US.

The 70+ crowd, which would normally vote for Repugs in high numbers and high turnout, we be feeling a lot more nervous with deaths in the hundreds this November. There are now 3 cases in Florida. What will be these voters thinking when they are afraid to go play Bingo in the retirement park community center? Our hospitals will be much more crowded and the strain will show. This pandemic, and our flailing, will make the Shrub's Katrina response look down right excellent.

8. Top | #8
    Loony Running The Asylum ZiprHead's Avatar
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Well, he's always got the deplorables.
    When conservatives realize they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will abandon democracy.

9. Top | #9
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by funinspace View Post
    The only people who believe in this greatest economy of all time are billionaires and the true trumpsuckers who believe everything he says even if it contradicts their own eyes.
    Yeah, if current trends continue with Covid-19 and the markets, FFvC will be properly fucked in November. We are only a couple weeks behind SK and Italy/EU. With nearly 30 million w/o insurance, and so many with shitty health insurance, I can't see how we will fair any better than those 2 places. CNN had a 2 hour special last night on Covid-19, and I found one question interesting, even though she didn't really ask the right question. She asked why we aren't testing like SK with things like drive thru checks now available. Since SK has already tested more than twice as many people as we are supposed to have kits available today, of course can't do it yet. We aren't/weren't prepared. Her question should have been as to why SK has so many more testing kits than the US.

The 70+ crowd, which would normally vote for Repugs in high numbers and high turnout, we be feeling a lot more nervous with deaths in the hundreds this November. There are now 3 cases in Florida. What will be these voters thinking when they are afraid to go play Bingo in the retirement park community center? Our hospitals will be much more crowded and the strain will show. This pandemic, and our flailing, will make the Shrub's Katrina response look down right excellent.
    All that, exactly. And the lies ... these lies aren't just the usual harmless-but-provably-false statements, they're manifestly dangerous. And that will almost certainly put off a few people who give him a pass on relatively harmless falsehoods and hyperbolic braggery.

I occasionally drop in on another forum where his supporters praise his honesty (he tells it like it is) integrity (draining the swamp), selflessness (sacrificing the time he would be spending on his business to serve the country), and intelligence (outsmarting Kim Jong Un). However the people I'm talking about are absolute fringe nutjobs.
    That's really interesting to me ... I guess they keep their praises fairly well hidden within their echo chambers. As pertains to the OP though, those would be people who voted for him in 2016, n'est ce pas?

IOW:
    Quote Originally Posted by ZiprHead View Post
    Well, he's always got the deplorables.
    (ETA: 9:35 eastern, DJIA is at 25,387 ... when I dumped all my equities in 11/2018 it was at 25,554.)

10. Top | #10
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    All of my second cousin Klan members will turn out for him.