Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 Among Our Nations Leaders

1. Top | #1
    Archived
    Total Posts

COVID-19 Among Our Nations Leaders

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/03/con...ac-conference/

Concern grows over which political leaders may have contracted coronavirus at AIPAC conference

Vice President Mike Pence and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) were among the political leaders who attended the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) conference.
    On Friday, AIPAC announced that two attendees had tested positive for COVID-19 coronavirus.
    Israel ordered the self-quarantine of citizens who had attended the conference, but there are no such precautions in the United States.

Despite the coronavirus outbreak, AIPAC did not cancel the conference.

It would be weird if an administration that has been gutting America's ability to deal with epidemics was decimated by a serious epidemic. For the next two weeks, Pence and McConnell will have to ring a bell and chant "Unclean! Unclean!" where ever they go.
    Cheerful Charlie

2. Top | #2
    The Sunshine State: The one with Crocs, not Gators
    Archived
    Total Posts
    McConnell is 78, so there's a reasonable hope that he could be killed by COVID-19.

Pence is only 60, so he's somewhat less likely to succumb.

3. Top | #3
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bilby View Post
    but the good news is he might stick to prayers for treatment, so there's that.
    Wonder if there is a catchy frase like Pray Away The Gay for coronavirus?

Jesus take the verus?

4. Top | #4
    Archived
    Total Posts
    https://www.rawstory.com/2020/03/cpa...r-coronavirus/

An attendee of the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) has tested positive for COVID-19 coronavirus, the American Conservative Union announced on Saturday.
    The conference was attended by President Donald Trump and Vice President Mike Pence along with Republican lawmakers.

Uhmmmmmm...... I think I would also avoid any future Trump rallies. And stock up on toilet paper, and bottled water.
    Cheerful Charlie

5. Top | #5
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith&Co. View Post

Jesus take the verus?

https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/...-in-gods-name/
    Cindy Jacobs, co-founder of Generals International and a self-described faith healer who can turn metal into bone, make a grown woman grow taller, and control the weather, has a new way to stop the spread of coronavirus.
    She just declared it illegal.
    So there.

We’re going to decree that the coronavirus will cease worldwide. Now what’s gonna happen? I don’t know if everybody will get healed. I don’t know… we’re praying. We prayed for vaccines. We prayed for Israel… They had vaccines. We have people interceding across the face of the Earth. Listen: Intercessors have been going to Wall Street! I mean… all over! I have to tell you: Intercessors are on this! I just want to thank you, intercessors of the world. You haven’t slept through this. You have been very, very active, and we’re gonna ask… God to heal those affected… … Father, in the name of Jesus, You have promised we have all authority, not some authority! You have promised that we are seated with You in heavenly places, so we take Throne Room authority, and we bring that into the situation of the coronavirus, and we say in the name of Jesus, “Virus, you are illegal! This is God’s Earth!”
    -----

“Virus, you are illegal! This is God’s Earth!”

There ya go!
    Cheerful Charlie

6. Top | #6
    Archived
    Total Posts
    "Trumpy can no longer fire us, having succumbed to the virus!"

7. Top | #7
    Banned
    Archived
    Total Posts

Jesus take the verus?
    Fox News already mentioned how the haters are already saying, "Pence is gonna pray the viurus away!" and they were laughing at how dumb that is. What the media doesn't tell you is that first responders to the virus were praying with the victims as well.

Yet everyone wants to jump on Pence.

Keith, I don't know if you remember a scene in Back to the Future where the Doc looks at a picture of Thomas Edison and asks, "Tom, how am I going to generate that kind of power?! It can't be done!" This is a secular version of prayer.

8. Top | #8
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post

Jesus take the verus?
    Fox News already mentioned how the haters are already saying, "Pence is gonna pray the viurus away!" and they were laughing at how dumb that is. What the media doesn't tell you is that first responders to the virus were praying with the victims as well.
    Well, when you're WITH A VICTIM, they need consolation. That's empathy.
    When a roomful of experts can't get to work until they've appeased Pence's superstition, that' stupid.
    Yes.
    Keith, I don't know if you remember a scene in Back to the Future where the Doc looks at a picture of Thomas Edison and asks, "Tom, how am I going to generate that kind of power?! It can't be done!" This is a secular version of prayer.
    Oh, look! Halfie found an anecdote.
    Of something that TOOK PLACE IN A FICTIONAL MOVIE! That justifies time spent in government offices invoking magic skybeasts… Of course.

But, wait, was there any indication that he actually expected Edison to reply? In the scene, or on the cutting room floor? Or in the original script? Anything he said after they did solve the impossible power problem that indicated he thought Edison had an actual hand in crafting the solution?
    Hell, is there even an interview with the director, or Lloyd, saying 'And that's when Edison's ghost would have prompted him...'
    Anything?

I'll wait, as the patient said to the immunologist.

9. Top | #9
    Banned
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post

Well, when you're WITH A VICTIM, they need consolation. That's empathy.
    When a roomful of experts can't get to work until they've appeased Pence's superstition, that' stupid.
    Yes.
    Oh, look! Halfie found an anecdote.
    Of something that TOOK PLACE IN A FICTIONAL MOVIE! That justifies time spent in government offices invoking magic skybeasts… Of course.

But, wait, was there any indication that he actually expected Edison to reply? In the scene, or on the cutting room floor? Or in the original script? Anything he said after they did solve the impossible power problem that indicated he thought Edison had an actual hand in crafting the solution?
    Hell, is there even an interview with the director, or Lloyd, saying 'And that's when Edison's ghost would have prompted him...'
    Anything?

I'll wait, as the patient said to the immunologist.
    Keith,

as we all know, Pence is not a doctor. What do you expect the guy to do besides let the scientists keep working on it?

This is all so silly.

10. Top | #10
    Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Half-Life, don't you remember Lyin' Ted's father killed JFK??? How can you trust that guy? Ted and other conspirators might be just making it up so they can later claim they were cured naturally as examples to calm the public.

Half-Life, remember the movie 12 Monkeys? It wasn't really about the monkeys.