Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Happy Kittens Fart Sunshine :D

1. Top | #11
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hurtinbuckaroo View Post
    Let me spell it out for you: Sanders supporters have, for the past 4+ years, made a concerted, unified effort to attack people who disagreed with them about damn near anything. Aside from Trump, no other candidate's supporters have done anything close to what Bernie's people have done.
    Prove it.

2. Top | #12
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Don2 (Don1 Revised) View Post

I don't know that is true. I see many fans, tens of thousands online who are very vociferous and I have quoted some of them.

I am not a Bernie Bro. Insult deflected.

But could you respond to the substance of my post?
    I didn't say you were. You protest too much. As for your post, plenty of people already thought Michael Moore was a jerk.

Let me spell it out for you: Sanders supporters have, for the past 4+ years, made a concerted, unified effort to attack people who disagreed with them about damn near anything. Aside from Trump, no other candidate's supporters have done anything close to what Bernie's people have done. Finding a small # of people who don't like Michael Moore doesn't change the fact that the rigidity and nastiness of Sanders supporters is an order of magnitude greater than anyone else on the Democratic side.

Stop wasting everyone's time with your false equivalencies.
    First, with Bernie supporters, there is evidence based and principle-based reasoning behind their positions. These are philosophically grounded principles we are talking about: human rights to healthcare regardless of wealth, the human rights to freedom from ignorance to the greatest possible extent, the human right to be financially secure in exchange for performing necessary tasks to the operations of a business.

When people "disagree with them" over those things, the person disagreeing is making a fundamental statement such as "you have no fundamental right to lifesaving care", or "you have no right to enlightenment" or "you have no right to fair pay". Of course people will get angry when you say that they have no right to those things.

3. Top | #13
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarhyn View Post
    When people "disagree with them" over those things, the person disagreeing is making a fundamental statement such as "you have no fundamental right to lifesaving care", or "you have no right to enlightenment" or "you have no right to fair pay". Of course people will get angry when you say that they have no right to those things.
    But people aren't saying "you have no right" to those things. The backlash happens if you even dare to say, "Medicare for all those who need it, private medical insurance for those who want to keep it." That's not rational or principle-based.

4. Top | #14
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    But people aren't saying "you have no right" to those things. The backlash happens if you even dare to say, "Medicare for all those who need it, private medical insurance for those who want to keep it." That's not rational or principle-based.
    Excepting of course that the position you just describe is verifiably fallacious: keeping private insurance, and charging people for public insurance options with automatic enrollment is a recipe to harm not only the system but also the people on the public option. It will create a disproportionate risk pool full of the highest risk healthcare consumers while depriving the public option of leverage on prices against the private risk pools. It will exacerbate the problem. It is not a problem which lends itself to half-measures.

5. Top | #15
    Archived
    Total Posts
    can Biden stomach an actual, progressive VP? Someone from the left camp?
    He should. Even if it scares the crap out of his corporate sponsors, their fears should be somewhat allayed by the fact that all Biden has to do to keep the VPs leftism from being an actual factor, is to live for four years. If he can't see his way to choosing a progressive VP candidate, there will be defections from the left.

There was a big fucking stack of progressive legislation that has died in the Senate. Can the house get those back through next session?
    Of course that depends on coattails... taking the Senate is a tall order - at least it was a few weeks ago.

fuck the filibuster, and get RGB her chance to retire with a nice apolitical but rational justice who isn't going to strike down financial regulations and election oversight
    Hear here! All do-able with a big enough Dem rout.

I would not like him to pardon Trump.
    Well, it WOULD mean Trump is gone from the White House, and likely to be indicted by SDNY.
    I'd take that in a heartbeat right now!

6. Top | #16
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    It's my party and I'll cry if I want to, cry if I want to, cry if I want to. You would cry too, if it happened to you.