Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 205

Thread: Today is the First Day I am Freaking Out

  1. Top | #101
    Veteran Member George S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    On the Road
    Posts
    2,450
    Archived
    16,498
    Total Posts
    18,948
    Rep Power
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by Elixir View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Derec View Post
    Hydroxychloroquine is definitely not in the "eye of newt" category. Tests in China and France showed some promise.
    Researchers Look To Old Drugs For A Possible Coronavirus Treatment – It Might Just Work

    Many drugs are dangerous if misused. Your point?
    Here's part B of "the point", as predicted:

    Nigeria Has Chloroquine Poisonings After Trump Praised Drug


    But who cares if a few jungle bunnies die because they're as stupid as American Evangelicals, right?
    "Two people were hospitalized in Lagos for chloroquine overdoses" said the article. The FDA insert says that overdosing can be fatal. The maximum safe dose is known to US physicians, but maybe not in Lagos. If they were admitted after self-overdosing it is their stupidity to take such a drug without a doctor's prescription and supervision that is the cause, not the drug.

  2. Top | #102
    Industrial Grade Linguist Copernicus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Bellevue, WA
    Posts
    2,486
    Rep Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by George S View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Elixir View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Derec View Post
    Hydroxychloroquine is definitely not in the "eye of newt" category. Tests in China and France showed some promise.
    Researchers Look To Old Drugs For A Possible Coronavirus Treatment – It Might Just Work

    Many drugs are dangerous if misused. Your point?
    Here's part B of "the point", as predicted:

    Nigeria Has Chloroquine Poisonings After Trump Praised Drug


    But who cares if a few jungle bunnies die because they're as stupid as American Evangelicals, right?
    "Two people were hospitalized in Lagos for chloroquine overdoses" said the article. The FDA insert says that overdosing can be fatal. The maximum safe dose is known to US physicians, but maybe not in Lagos. If they were admitted after self-overdosing it is their stupidity to take such a drug without a doctor's prescription and supervision that is the cause, not the drug.
    That is true. It is also stupid for the President of the United States to say “It may work, it may not work. I feel good about it. That’s all it is. Just a feeling.” He still hasn't learned (or doesn't care) that his words will be taken seriously by a lot of people who will then scramble to take the drug. And death is not the only side effect of overdosing. It can cause damage to eye retinas, among other things. The drug is popular in Africa because it used to be used for malaria treatments, until that disease became resistant to it. Hence, it is widely available.

  3. Top | #103
    Content Thief Elixir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Mountains
    Posts
    13,137
    Archived
    707
    Total Posts
    13,844
    Rep Power
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by George S View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Elixir View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Derec View Post
    Hydroxychloroquine is definitely not in the "eye of newt" category. Tests in China and France showed some promise.
    Researchers Look To Old Drugs For A Possible Coronavirus Treatment – It Might Just Work

    Many drugs are dangerous if misused. Your point?
    Here's part B of "the point", as predicted:

    Nigeria Has Chloroquine Poisonings After Trump Praised Drug


    But who cares if a few jungle bunnies die because they're as stupid as American Evangelicals, right?
    "Two people were hospitalized in Lagos for chloroquine overdoses" said the article. The FDA insert says that overdosing can be fatal. The maximum safe dose is known to US physicians, but maybe not in Lagos. If they were admitted after self-overdosing it is their stupidity to take such a drug without a doctor's prescription and supervision that is the cause, not the drug.
    You think I am blaming the drug??? Holy shit.
    This is a direct result of Donald J Trump "misrepresenting" the truth to make himself look good and paint an unrealistically rosy picture of the dire situation he has been so very helpful - and continues to be incredibly helpful - in creating, perpetuating and exacerbating.

  4. Top | #104
    Formerly Joedad
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    PA USA
    Posts
    6,089
    Archived
    5,039
    Total Posts
    11,128
    Rep Power
    78
    Last evening was my first freak-out day and I'm ashamed. I think it happened because I read too many depressing articles about people cashing in. So today I talked to my wife and told her we're probably both going to catch this thing before it's all over so not to worry. Whatever will be will be.

  5. Top | #105
    Intergalactic Villainess Angry Floof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lancre
    Posts
    9,871
    Archived
    14,435
    Total Posts
    24,306
    Rep Power
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by T.G.G. Moogly View Post
    Last evening was my first freak-out day and I'm ashamed. I think it happened because I read too many depressing articles about people cashing in. So today I talked to my wife and told her we're probably both going to catch this thing before it's all over so not to worry. Whatever will be will be.
    The vast majority of us will catch it. The main point of quarantine is to slow the spread so that the world around us doesn't collapse from the load of cases all at once. This thing is highly contagious. There's not a lot of chance you won't get it unless you quarantine for a year and a vaccine comes available and no new strains develop that require a new vaccine.

    Sorry to be so grim, but that's reality. As for me, I'm not confident my body could hold up through such a virus unless I luck out and get a very mild case.
    The Authoritarians

    GOP and Trump supporters will not be able to say they didn't know. Vote in numbers too big to manipulate.

  6. Top | #106
    Veteran Member George S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    On the Road
    Posts
    2,450
    Archived
    16,498
    Total Posts
    18,948
    Rep Power
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by T.G.G. Moogly View Post
    Last evening was my first freak-out day and I'm ashamed. I think it happened because I read too many depressing articles about people cashing in. So today I talked to my wife and told her we're probably both going to catch this thing before it's all over so not to worry. Whatever will be will be.
    My sister, three years older at 80, waxed poetic about how she had had a good life and was ready to go. The new 15 minute test plus Hydroxychloroquine, zithromax and zinc may stop this in its tracks.

  7. Top | #107
    Fair dinkum thinkum bilby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Sunshine State: The one with Crocs, not Gators
    Posts
    22,586
    Archived
    10,477
    Total Posts
    33,063
    Rep Power
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by George S View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by T.G.G. Moogly View Post
    Last evening was my first freak-out day and I'm ashamed. I think it happened because I read too many depressing articles about people cashing in. So today I talked to my wife and told her we're probably both going to catch this thing before it's all over so not to worry. Whatever will be will be.
    My sister, three years older at 80, waxed poetic about how she had had a good life and was ready to go. The new 15 minute test plus Hydroxychloroquine, zithromax and zinc may stop this in its tracks.
    Every pandemic in history has been characterised by the early emergence of a simple, inexpensive, and widely available treatment regime that is widely agreed to be an effective cure.

    The one thing these treatments have in common is their complete lack of effectiveness, and the deep faith people have in them despite their being totally ineffective.

    Hydroxychloroquine is this pandemic's version of that. It's just possible that it might help a little in some severe cases. It's most certainly NOT going to stop Covid-19 in its tracks.

    A vaccine might; But it is far from clear that one will become available soon, or even ever. Medicine isn't magic, and some viruses may never have effecive vaccines. This could easily be one of those.

  8. Top | #108
    Elder Contributor barbos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Mlky Way galaxy
    Posts
    10,599
    Archived
    8,047
    Total Posts
    18,646
    Rep Power
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Floof View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by T.G.G. Moogly View Post
    Last evening was my first freak-out day and I'm ashamed. I think it happened because I read too many depressing articles about people cashing in. So today I talked to my wife and told her we're probably both going to catch this thing before it's all over so not to worry. Whatever will be will be.
    The vast majority of us will catch it.
    Chinese, Japanese and Koreans seem to disagree with you.

  9. Top | #109
    Elder Contributor
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Located 100 miles east of A in America
    Posts
    26,802
    Archived
    42,473
    Total Posts
    69,275
    Rep Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by George S View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by T.G.G. Moogly View Post
    Last evening was my first freak-out day and I'm ashamed. I think it happened because I read too many depressing articles about people cashing in. So today I talked to my wife and told her we're probably both going to catch this thing before it's all over so not to worry. Whatever will be will be.
    My sister, three years older at 80, waxed poetic about how she had had a good life and was ready to go. The new 15 minute test plus Hydroxychloroquine, zithromax and zinc may stop this in its tracks.
    Don't forget the placebo too.

  10. Top | #110
    Content Thief Elixir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Mountains
    Posts
    13,137
    Archived
    707
    Total Posts
    13,844
    Rep Power
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by barbos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Floof View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by T.G.G. Moogly View Post
    Last evening was my first freak-out day and I'm ashamed. I think it happened because I read too many depressing articles about people cashing in. So today I talked to my wife and told her we're probably both going to catch this thing before it's all over so not to worry. Whatever will be will be.
    The vast majority of us will catch it.
    Chinese, Japanese and Koreans seem to disagree with you.
    Aren't those people the reason that Rhinos and Sharks are disappearing?
    Seriously, those cultures have a thing for superstitious cures and remedies. Bigly.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •