Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Today is the First Day I am Freaking Out

1. Top | #121
    Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by repoman View Post
    ...my gross looking new beard ...
    Speaking of which, we are all going to look like hippies when this is over.

2. Top | #122
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by barbos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Elixir View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by barbos View Post

Chinese, Japanese and Koreans seem to disagree with you.
    Aren't those people the reason that Rhinos and Sharks are disappearing?
    Seriously, those cultures have a thing for superstitious cures and remedies. Bigly.
    Do you mean dolphins, not sharks?
    Nope.
    Shark finning kills an estimated 100 million or more sharks globally per year. Tens of millions more sharks and rays are killed each year, primarily through illegal, unregulated and unreported fishing (IUU). 181 shark species are Red listed as vulnerable, endangered, or critically endangered by the International Union for the Conservation of Nature (IUCN).

Shark-finning is a practice where sharks are caught and their fins are cut off, then the body of the shark is discarded. Shark fins are particularly sought after for traditional Chinese medicine and shark fin soup which is considered a delicacy in Asia. Catalyzed by the shark fin trade, large shark populations are declining globally, and many species are imminently threatened with extinction.[link]

3. Top | #123
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ZiprHead View Post
    SCORE!

I found a place selling N95 masks. Bought two with replaceable filters, and a package of filters.

https://vmask.shop/
    Unless you're intubating someone, don't bother with n95, regular masks protect you just as well.

What is the efficacy of standard face masks compared to respirator masks in preventing COVID-type respiratory illnesses in primary care staff? - CEBM

You could also make one yourself, which not as good as a surgical mask, still helps.

There is some talk that the cdc may be recommend everyone start wearing one.

4. Top | #124
    Loony Running The Asylum ZiprHead's Avatar
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blastula View Post
    SCORE!

I found a place selling N95 masks. Bought two with replaceable filters, and a package of filters.

Unless you're intubating someone, don't bother with n95, regular masks protect you just as well.

What is the efficacy of standard face masks compared to respirator masks in preventing COVID-type respiratory illnesses in primary care staff? - CEBM

You could also make one yourself, which not as good as a surgical mask, still helps.

There are no standard facemasks to be had anywhere.
    When conservatives realize they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will abandon democracy.

5. Top | #125
    Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts

6. Top | #126
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Then get to youtube, there are a lot of how to videos. Using the homemade kind probably does more to protect others than the wearer. But maybe if we were all wearing them, we could relax the lockdowns.

Would everyone wearing face masks help us slow the pandemic? | Science | AAAS

7. Top | #127
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blastula View Post
    SCORE!

There are no standard facemasks to be had anywhere.
    Seem to be plenty of options on Amazon. And they'll make it harder to touch your face too!

8. Top | #128
    Super Moderator
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TV and credit cards View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel View Post
    SCORE!

Why does that site make me seriously distrust what it's saying? What's "N95 grade"? The proper term is simply "N95".

Note, also, that to get true N95 performance you have to be fit for them.
    Good OSHA gouge:

https://www.osha.gov/video/respirato...ranscript.html

The first part of the filter's classification uses the letters N, R, or P to indicate the filter's ability to function when exposed to oils.
    "N" means Not resistant to oil;
    "R" means somewhat Resistant to oil; and
    "P" means strongly resistant to oil, or oil-Proof.

This rating is only important in work settings where oils may be present, because some oils can reduce the effectiveness of the filter.

The second part of the classification -- the number-- refers to the filter's ability to remove the most-penetrating particle size during "worst case" testing.

Filters that remove at least 95 percent of these particles are given a 95 rating. Those that filter out at least 99 percent receive a 99 rating, and those that filter out at least 99.97 percent - essentially 100 percent - receive a 100 rating.
    I know what it means. I'm questioning the word "grade". When you see anything other than the standard terminology it's a sign to watch out.

Quote Originally Posted by horhangi View Post
    SCORE!

Site declined my card. Support wants payment through Venmo or Zelle. I think I will decline the option. My card company said no request was made before the denial. Just a bit too sketchy for me when they can’t process an order online and want third party payment options.
    And it looks like my worries were justified.

9. Top | #129
    Loony Running The Asylum ZiprHead's Avatar
    Archived
    Total Posts
    SCORE!

Site declined my card. Support wants payment through Venmo or Zelle. I think I will decline the option. My card company said no request was made before the denial. Just a bit too sketchy for me when they can’t process an order online and want third party payment options.
    Had no problem with my card. Jimmy Johns online always declines my card saying it's invalid for some reason.
    When conservatives realize they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will abandon democracy.

10. Top | #130
    Super Moderator
    Archived
    Total Posts
    SCORE!

Had no problem with my card. Jimmy Johns online always declines my card saying it's invalid for some reason.
    I suspect they're brand new and got a flood of charges that prompted at least some processors to decline further charges to them.