Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 360

Thread: Why "Chinese Virus" is racist

  1. Top | #81
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    3,198
    Archived
    1,250
    Total Posts
    4,448
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Koyaanisqatsi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post

    I'm in a dominant social group?
    Yes.

    I told you whites are a minority race worldwide.
    No, they are not. There is no such thing as a "white" race. Or a "black" race. Or anything other than the human race.

    Which means that you are arbitrarily segregating people of the same race into localized social groups according to objectively ignorant, randomly made up surface differences, like slightly different eye lids or the amount (or lack thereof) of melanin in their epidermis.

    Ignorance is the only truly inferior trait, as it is something that is easily self-corrected by literally any human among us. No one can control the amount of melanin in their skin, nor should they ever need to. But ignorance is simply a primarily willful lack of knowledge or experience.

    That anyone fails to self-correct their own ignorance--particularly in this day and age when it's a mouse click away and causes so much pointless harm for all involved--is deserving of shame and admonition.

    So it's YOUR choice. Better yourself or be rightly shamed by the rest of society for not doing so. Entirely up to you. Always has been.
    Make up whatever makes you feel better, but Western civilization (built by straight white men) is way more advanced than any country in Africa. Even the African countries that were untouched by colonization are still not prosperous. You can ignore these real world objective facts or you can admit that evolution did not stop at the neck.

    Stating facts is not racist. If we said, "western civilization was built by the straight black man" we would all know that is a lie. So, this means the truth can not be racist.

  2. Top | #82
    Elder Contributor
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    16,559
    Archived
    41,943
    Total Posts
    58,502
    Rep Power
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Koyaanisqatsi View Post

    Yes.



    No, they are not. There is no such thing as a "white" race. Or a "black" race. Or anything other than the human race.

    Which means that you are arbitrarily segregating people of the same race into localized social groups according to objectively ignorant, randomly made up surface differences, like slightly different eye lids or the amount (or lack thereof) of melanin in their epidermis.

    Ignorance is the only truly inferior trait, as it is something that is easily self-corrected by literally any human among us. No one can control the amount of melanin in their skin, nor should they ever need to. But ignorance is simply a primarily willful lack of knowledge or experience.

    That anyone fails to self-correct their own ignorance--particularly in this day and age when it's a mouse click away and causes so much pointless harm for all involved--is deserving of shame and admonition.

    So it's YOUR choice. Better yourself or be rightly shamed by the rest of society for not doing so. Entirely up to you. Always has been.
    Make up whatever makes you feel better, but Western civilization (built by straight white men)
    On what basis can one determine who built Western civilization (it was not done by a couple of people) or know for certain what their sexual preference was.?
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post
    [
    Stating facts is not racist. If we said, "western civilization was built by the straight black man" we would all know that is a lie. So, this means the truth can not be racist.
    Your syllogism is a non-sequitur. In fact, your conclusion has absolutely no connection to the argument.

  3. Top | #83
    Contributor Trausti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Northwest
    Posts
    6,260
    Archived
    372
    Total Posts
    6,632
    Rep Power
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by Koyaanisqatsi View Post
    No, they are not. There is no such thing as a "white" race. Or a "black" race. Or anything other than the human race.
    Why does this science denialism persist? There are very clear differences in human population groups. These difference do not mean one group is superior, another inferior. But humans are animals. Evolution and natural selection did not make an exception for us.

    Though sometimes these differences can be humorous and make Xi Jinping cry like Winnie-the-pooh.



    Chinese-made condoms too small, Zimbabwe’s health minister complains

  4. Top | #84
    Elder Contributor barbos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Mlky Way galaxy
    Posts
    10,629
    Archived
    8,047
    Total Posts
    18,676
    Rep Power
    65
    https://summit.news/2020/03/20/itali...irus-response/

    Professor of Virology and Microbiology at the University of Padova Dr. Giorgio Palù told CNN that measures imposing travel restrictions and border controls were taken too late due to fears over political correctness.
    As we previously highlighted, the Mayor of Florence launched a nationwide campaign at the start of February encouraging Italians to hug Chinese people on the street to “stem the hatred.”
    Such a great Idea ..... at the time

  5. Top | #85
    Contributor
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,307
    Archived
    17,741
    Total Posts
    27,048
    Rep Power
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post
    Make up whatever makes you feel better, but Western civilization (built by straight white men)...

  6. Top | #86
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    27,186
    Archived
    96,752
    Total Posts
    123,938
    Rep Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post
    Make up whatever makes you feel better, but Western civilization (built by straight white men) is way more advanced than any country in Africa. Even the African countries that were untouched by colonization are still not prosperous. You can ignore these real world objective facts or you can admit that evolution did not stop at the neck.

    Stating facts is not racist. If we said, "western civilization was built by the straight black man" we would all know that is a lie. So, this means the truth can not be racist.
    And what's your evidence they were all straight? Most gays used to be deep in the closet, that doesn't mean they didn't exist.

  7. Top | #87
    Administrator lpetrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    Posts
    9,623
    Archived
    16,829
    Total Posts
    26,452
    Rep Power
    84
    In classical-era Greco-Roman society, people were much more open about same-sex sexual activity and relationships than later. They disapproved of a grown man being a "bottom" for another man, but that was about it.

  8. Top | #88
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    3,198
    Archived
    1,250
    Total Posts
    4,448
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by lpetrich View Post
    In classical-era Greco-Roman society, people were much more open about same-sex sexual activity and relationships than later. They disapproved of a grown man being a "bottom" for another man, but that was about it.
    Yes, and when homosexuality became too widespread and accepted, the Empire fell. Same with Greece.

    Why do you think we try to warn you guys about the U.S.? Not acknowledging the failures of history is doomed to repeat it....

    We live in a time where evil is good and good is evil, just like the Bible said would happen during the last days.

  9. Top | #89
    Industrial Grade Linguist Copernicus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Bellevue, WA
    Posts
    2,486
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lpetrich View Post
    In classical-era Greco-Roman society, people were much more open about same-sex sexual activity and relationships than later. They disapproved of a grown man being a "bottom" for another man, but that was about it.
    Yes, and when homosexuality became too widespread and accepted, the Empire fell. Same with Greece.
    Utter homophobic rubbish. Those empires lasted for centuries, and their ultimate collapse had nothing to do with homosexuality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post
    Why do you think we try to warn you guys about the U.S.? Not acknowledging the failures of history is doomed to repeat it....

    We live in a time where evil is good and good is evil, just like the Bible said would happen during the last days.
    Oh, it's easy to answer your question. You try to warn us, because you believe the bigoted nonsense that you hear about homosexuality. The Bible got a lot of things wrong. It might surprise you to know that COVID-19 is not a sexually-transmitted disease and has nothing to do with homosexuality.

  10. Top | #90
    Administrator lpetrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    Posts
    9,623
    Archived
    16,829
    Total Posts
    26,452
    Rep Power
    84
    I may have seen this theory elsewhere, but here it is. Trump labeled the virus the "Chinese virus" as trolling, and that he did that to distract from his administration's failures with the virus.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •