Total Posts

Tara Reade is a person who exists

That is all

2. Top | #2
    Loony Running The Asylum ZiprHead's Avatar
    Archived
    Total Posts
    You mis-spelled her name.
    When conservatives realize they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will abandon democracy.

3. Top | #3
    Archived
    Total Posts
    You knew who I was talking about regardless though. Right?

Mods, please correct my typo in the thread title

4. Top | #4
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Here we go:

Joe Biden accused of sexual assault by former staff assistant

Reade said that she was sent to rush a gym bag to Biden, who was a U.S. senator at the time, when he accosted her in a side area and allegedly sexually assaulted her.

"We were alone, and it was the strangest thing. There was no, like, exchange really, he just had me up against the wall," Reade said.

"His hands were on me and underneath my clothes," she went on, explaining with graphic detail what he went on to do to her.

She claimed that he was kissing her during the assault and asked her if she wanted to go "somewhere else."

After the assault, she says he said to her, "C'mon man, I heard you liked me."
    If you're wondering why this wasn't part of the #MeToo movement, see this Intercept article:

TIME’S UP SAID IT COULD NOT FUND A #METOO ALLEGATION AGAINST JOE BIDEN, CITING ITS NONPROFIT STATUS AND HIS PRESIDENTIAL RUN

When reached for comment by The Intercept, the program director Reade had spoken to referred questions to a NWLC spokesperson, Maria Patrick, who said that the organization has legal constraints. “As a nonprofit 501(c)(3) charitable organization, the National Women’s Law Center is restricted in how it can spend its funds, including restrictions that pertain to candidates running for election,” Patrick responded, when asked why the organizing declined to provide funds to Reade. “Our decision on whether or not to provide certain types of support to an individual should not be interpreted as our validation or doubt of the truthfulness of the person’s statements. Regardless, our support of workers who come forward regarding workplace sexual harassment remains unwavering.”

The public relations firm that works on behalf of the Time’s Up Legal Defense Fund is SKDKnickerbocker, whose managing director, Anita Dunn, is the top adviser to Biden’s presidential campaign. A spokesperson for Biden declined to comment. The SKDK spokesperson assigned to Time’s Up referred questions back to the NWLC.

5. Top | #5
    Veteran Member
    Sleepy Joe a sex pest ? Nooooooooooo, say it isn't so !!!

6. Top | #6
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Hey remember when Liz Warren said Bernie told her women shouldn't run for pres, and mainstream news outlets covered it from dawn to dusk for three days? Check the websites for CNN, MSNBC, and CBS right now and tell me how long it takes you to find this story, if you can find it at all.

7. Top | #7
    Loony Running The Asylum ZiprHead's Avatar
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PyramidHead View Post
    You knew who I was talking about regardless though. Right?

Mods, please correct my typo in the thread title
    Yes, I know who you are talking about.

I'll fix the typo.
    When conservatives realize they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will abandon democracy.

8. Top | #8
    Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I am very skeptical for the following reasons:
    1. Her original narrative from April of 2019 not only excluded this, it also seems to contradict it. She had said she was not sexualized by him:
    Reade said she didn’t consider the acts toward her sexualization. She instead compared her experience to being a lamp.
    2. She doesn't seem like a trustworthy person. She writes some articles with the name "Alexandra Tara Reade J.D.," but evidence she has a J.D. seem flimsy at best. Her writing does not show technical legal knowledge. The job experiences she puts below her writings do not seem like those a J.D. would have, but instead a college intern.

I am wondering if she could be a double agent for Biden...so basically accuse him of stuff, get non-Biden campaign surrogates to latch on to her case, and then delegitimize herself, throwing them all under the bus.

9. Top | #9
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Thanks! From Medium:

Is #MeToo Finally Catching up With Joe Biden?

Biden has highlighted that women are leaders on his campaign and assured voters they would remain so in his White House. He pledged days before the South Carolina primary to make a black woman his first Supreme Court nominee. After taking complete command of the nominating fight over subsequent weeks, he named Democratic operative Jen O’Malley Dillon as his campaign manager and promised to select a woman as his running mate.

Biden’s team also includes Anita Dunn, a former Obama advisor who assisted Harvey Weinstein with damage control after he was investigated for his questionable role in a 2015 AIDS charity fund-raiser. Dunn was promoted in February.

[...]

Shortly after this report was released, journalist Katie Halper posted a recent interview she had conducted with Reade. In this gut-wrenching account, Reade revealed visceral details of a specific encounter she had with Biden in 1993. According to Reade, she and Biden were alone when the former vice president beckoned her toward him. Suddenly, Reade found herself pressed against a wall as the assailant “went down [her] skirt” and “penetrated [her] with his fingers.” After pulling away and refusing his advances, Reade then recalled him saying, “You’re nothing to me.”

10. Top | #10
    Veteran Member
    What a shock. A pretend Bernie Bro stooping to innuendo and accusations to torpedo Democrats now that Sanders can't possibly win.

If only this exact same strategy had been tried before to get Trump in the WH