Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump Politicizies Coronoavirus Guidelines

1. Top | #1
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts

Trump Politicizies Coronoavirus Guidelines

Today, in the mail, my household received a postcard from the CDC with the following title

Slow the Spread
    President Trump's Coronavirus Guidelines for America

Frankly, Mr. Trump is one of the last people I would take medical or scientific advice from, so I wonder about the efficacy of the title.

The advice on the reverse side is the usual advice being given out. But the first line is the best - Listen and follow the directions of your STATE AND LOCAL AUTHORITIES (yes, the caps are part of the advice).

But, really, the title is pathetic. What a egomaniacal loser.

2. Top | #2
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laughing dog View Post
    Today, in the mail, my household received a postcard from the CDC with the following title

Slow the Spread

Frankly, Mr. Trump is one of the last people I would take medical or scientific advice from, so I wonder about the efficacy of the title.

The advice on the reverse side is the usual advice being given out. But the first line is the best - Listen and follow the directions of your STATE AND LOCAL AUTHORITIES (yes, the caps are part of the advice).

Yeah, one of the uglies things he does are these rituals where his staff and cabinet go around praising him. It's downright third-world. Pathetic.

3. Top | #3
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I can live with that if trump supporters follow it.

4. Top | #4
    Archived
    Total Posts
    It's brilliant.

5. Top | #5
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trausti View Post
    It's brilliant.
    Yep, It's as brilliant as telling people to take the advice of a renowned eunuch on which prophylactic to use.

I'm not convinced Trump has ever read any book with the word "science" on the cover.

6. Top | #6
    Veteran Member TV and credit cards's Avatar
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Listen and follow the directions of your STATE AND LOCAL AUTHORITIES
    Political Distancing.

7. Top | #7
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J842P View Post

Slow the Spread

Yeah, one of the uglies things he does are these rituals where his staff and cabinet go around praising him. It's downright third-world. Pathetic.
    It could be that the people at the CDC put in that bit about Trump's "Guidelines for America" so the Administration wouldn't block sending out the mailers.

Trump's been trying to downplay the pandemic from the beginning but he enjoys self-promotion.

8. Top | #8
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arctish View Post

Slow the Spread

It could be that the people at the CDC put in that bit about Trump's "Guidelines for America" so the Administration wouldn't block sending out the mailers.

Trump's been trying to downplay the pandemic from the beginning but he enjoys self-promotion.
    Something like that is very plausible. I would say anyone with any sense clearly sees that Trump responds to flattery.

9. Top | #9
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts

Slow the Spread

I think that makes it even more pathetic.

10. Top | #10
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts

I think that makes it even more pathetic.
    It does.

The entire response has been shaped by civilian efforts. Of course, you have some companies (like mine) which clearly are abusing the guidelines on essential businesses by pulling DOD even on their civilian sectors, and businesses like GameStop staying open, and the absence of a strong federal instruction or guideline up to this point have most certainly cost us many thousands, if not millions, of lives of people who just haven't gotten the memo yet, all from the fact that the government wasn't ready for an epidemic (after cutting the department and resources for that repeatedly!).

But to go to the extent of pretending it didn't wasn't even real for a month and change, then pretending it was no big deal, and then looking at what the private citizens did and then say "just keep doing more of that"... And then claim responsibility for any of the results of things they had no hand in setting up (in fact, actively impeded and mocked as it was happening!)... That's just horseshit.

This is Trump stealing credit yet again for the accomplishment and work of others. Leaders are supposed to LEAD.

Why is it that whenever we have a Dem president, they get elbows deep the instant anything happens, using tools set up far in advance but whenever we have a republican, it's always way too little way too late?

Oh yeah, that's right... Because republicans are reactionary.