Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Idaho governor signs into law anti-transgender legislation

1. Top | #1
    Veteran Member

Idaho governor signs into law anti-transgender legislation

Not sure why this should be described as "anti-transgender"

Idaho Gov. Brad Little on Monday signed into law two anti-transgender bills, making Idaho the first among states that introduced some 40 such bills this year to enact them. The Republican governor approved legislation that prohibits transgender people from changing the sex listed on their birth certificates, and another that bans transgender girls and women from competing in women’s sports. The sports ban applies to all sports teams sponsored by public schools, colleges and universities. A girls’ or women’s team will not be open to transgender students who identify as female.
    AP News

2. Top | #2
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Activist judges will toss this out.

Activist judges will have the U.S. be a neoliberal corporate hellhole sprinkled with window dressing of confused men in sports with women.

These trans are squeaky wheels getting the judicial kritarchy grease.

These athletes should have the self respect to not compete with women. It is wholly unethical to do so. A person with hiring authority seeing trans applicants who have and have not competed in cash prizes sports against women, the latter would probably be a better employee with less chance of going psycho.

3. Top | #3
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by repoman View Post
    Activist judges will toss this out.

Activist judges will have the U.S. be a neoliberal corporate hellhole sprinkled with window dressing of confused men in sports with women.

These trans are squeaky wheels getting the judicial kritarchy grease.

These athletes should have the self respect to not compete with women. It is wholly unethical to do so. A person with hiring authority seeing trans applicants who have and have not competed in cash prizes sports against women, the latter would probably be a better employee with less chance of going psycho.
    LOL - activist judges.

4. Top | #4
    Member *
    Archived
    Total Posts
    So, here are some facts for you:

1: you have absolutely no right to the knowledge of what is in someone else's pants.
    2: the competitive advantage in sports is imparted by testosterone exposure, and if HRT or blockers were administered before puberty, that advantage does not exist. Arguably, it ceases to be meaningful following any medium to long term HRT administration even in adulthood.

The only persons in your life that need to know what parts you were born with are your doctor and your lover(s). The government doesn't need to know.

These laws are anti-transgender because they ignore both the right to medical privacy and the natural (but sadly not constitutionally enumerated) right to be considered for eligibility on the basis of valid criterion.

5. Top | #5
    Banned
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Born with a penis = male
    Born with a vagina = female

The only exception are intersex / hermaphrodite people.

It's nonsensical to say, "I have a penis but I'm a woman! or "I have a vagina but I'm a man!"

Then you just made everything arbitrary. Men and women have no coherent meaning.

There's nothing stopping someone from saying, "I know I have white skin but I just feel like I'm black instead!" They are still white, don't you agree?

Even drug companies test drugs on men and women separately and differently. If Arnold Schwarzenegger identified as a woman, and the FDA decided to test a woman's drug on him, that would be beyond stupid, agree?

6. Top | #6
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarhyn View Post

1: you have absolutely no right to the knowledge of what is in someone else's pants.
    2: the competitive advantage in sports is imparted by testosterone exposure, and if HRT or blockers were administered before puberty, that advantage does not exist. Arguably, it ceases to be meaningful following any medium to long term HRT administration even in adulthood.

The only persons in your life that need to know what parts you were born with are your doctor and your lover(s). The government doesn't need to know.

These laws are anti-transgender because they ignore both the right to medical privacy and the natural (but sadly not constitutionally enumerated) right to be considered for eligibility on the basis of valid criterion.
    HRT or blockers being administered before puberty is not a pre-requisite being applied to allow participation in female sports by male born athletes who identify as female. Since you acknowledge an advantage without this, you obviously concede a physical difference between the two classifications.

And "arguably" is doing a lot of heavy lifting in your second sentence. Evidence is limited, as little research has actually been done, but what has been does suggests that trans women, even after hormone treatment (which isn't a requirement to be trans) still retain significant physical advantages over women on average.

Sex segregation in most sports is done for a very good reason based on fundamental physiological differences between males and females. Segregating on the basis of gender identity is just silly.

7. Top | #7
    Archived
    Total Posts
    So you don't accept sex segregated sports?

There should be no women's golf, soccer, tennis?

8. Top | #8
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarhyn View Post

So you don't accept sex segregated sports?

There should be no women's golf, soccer, tennis?

Because if only you doctor and your lover(s) need to know your sex, how can anyone administrate sex segregated sports?

9. Top | #9
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post
    Even drug companies test drugs on men and women separately and differently. If Arnold Schwarzenegger identified as a woman, and the FDA decided to test a woman's drug on him, that would be beyond stupid, agree?
    you know, last time you prattled this claim i asked you if you knew what a 'woman's drug'was? And could you explain why they would reject Arnold.
    Would thry refuse to accept Arnold as a test patient for a breast cancer drug because he has a penis?

You said a grand total of fuck-all.

You cannot, it seems, actually refute any of the science involved in the development of sexual reassignment treatment. You just reject it and pretend your blanket statement is the scientific approach. But it's just bumperstickrr logic, Halfie.

10. Top | #10
    The Sunshine State: The one with Crocs, not Gators
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post
    Born with a penis = male
    Born with a vagina = female

The only exception are intersex / hermaphrodite people.

It's nonsensical to say, "I have a penis but I'm a woman! or "I have a vagina but I'm a man!"

Then you just made everything arbitrary. Men and women have no coherent meaning.

There's nothing stopping someone from saying, "I know I have white skin but I just feel like I'm black instead!" They are still white, don't you agree?

It must be incredibly boring to genuinely believe that reality is as simple as you evidently believe it to be.

Not to mention constantly frustrating, as you keep encountering real things that just cannot be made to fit your worldview.

The temptation to forcibly eliminate the complexities of reality is understandable, but it's a path that leads to disaster.

There really is no substitute for accepting and learning about the complexity of the real world. You should try it sometime.