Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Game: Brutal Bible Blood Baths

1. Top | #11
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Learner View Post
    Could be vunerable to hacks... making it properly Christian by inserting Jesus in the gaming code e.g. with "Justs stick to the two greatest commandments... it's easier blah blah blah".
    Yes Scratch games are easy to "remix".

2. Top | #12
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhea View Post
    Player experience goal: The player will feel shocked and overwhelmed

Serious purpose: to learn about some of the most shocking passages in the Old Testament
    In order to embrace them, or to reject them?
    In the process of learning about these passages I'd like people to feel shocked but they might still think these massacres was justified.

Interestingly, I feel that it could be embraced by some players, feeling a justification in behaving as the bible does. We've certainly seen that in the last 6 thousand years, right?
    Yes if I can make the game play fun enough...

I personally feel that this is a very interesting exercise, because it shows how incredibly NOT Christian the old testament is, yet not one Christian that I have ever met is willing to tear out and discard the old testament. They all appear to feel that it MUST be true in order for the new testament to be true. I guess, like, Jesus MUST be a devout Jew in order to be worth listening to. Maybe it's because Jesus quotes the old testament and he can't be wrong, I dunno.

I think your game has an interesting premise - to really REALLY explore parts of the old testament that don't get a lot of discussion because they are truly monstrous. And how do we feel about that?
    Well I don't think this kind of game has ever been done before....

BTW here is a screenshot of "cleansing the promised land"

3. Top | #13
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by excreationist View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith&Co. View Post
    Don't forget the better Christian responses like 'you're taking it out of context.' Or 'that's not in the Bible.'
    Well I posted the details of this game on a popular Christian message board and they didn't make a good case for that. The only relevant criticisms was that the youth could be 12-30 (even though the KJV says "little children") and that mauling 42 youths couldn't be described as a "massacre". (the original name of the game was "Epic Bible Massacres").
    It is an interesting bit of scripture, just looking at the verse. The two bears, seemed to be using quite a bit of energy - chasing 21 youths for each bear, expending even more energy if the youth were running in all directions and then killing them, one at a time. I suppose possible if they died of fright in unison or they were standing still, making it much easier for the bears . Massacre? Likely not, in my opinion.

I'm pondering if there's a significance of mentioning She bears. Not so ferocious as males bears perhaps? No worries, not claiming anything.

I said that if 30% of the youths died from loss of blood then that's 13 deaths and the 13 deaths in Columbine was described as a massacre. As far as the ages go, I used an adult image and screams for the "youths".
    The main problem I have with some Christians is that they didn't think it was shocking.... hopefully the gore and screams will change that.
    No deaths are mentioned at all and I would understand if there was this picture that these bears were grizzly-like perhaps being the first bear type that comes to mind. You could imagine all types of gory scenarios.... quite exciting for a game adventure.

The Syrian brown bear or close relative seems to be the likely candidate of the region (from Israel, Jordan, Turkey and other parts of the middle east) where the event was supposed to happen. It is the smallest of the brown bears, which doesn't suggest they're not vicious when they need to be, but... I am a little dubious to the massacre scenario or even the few deaths (not mentioned) which doesn't look like the intended portrayal imo.

4. Top | #14
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhea View Post
    [SIZE=2]Are you suggesting that the bible is made more accurately Christian by tearing parts of it out that are not Christ-like?
    Like, Revelation?
    (or, like Paul? Or, like most of it?)

To the topic...
    Sorry Rhea, you were just discussing some points of interest.(I didn't read properly)

5. Top | #15
    Archived
    Total Posts
    It is an interesting bit of scripture, just looking at the verse. The two bears, seemed to be using quite a bit of energy - chasing 21 youths for each bear, expending even more energy if the youth were running in all directions and then killing them, one at a time.
    Well to speed up the level the youths can't run past the edge of the screen.... that way it doesn't take that long to get youths that are running in opposite directions.

I suppose possible if they died of fright in unison or they were standing still, making it much easier for the bears . Massacre? Likely not, in my opinion.
    Well I changed the game name from "Epic Bible Massacres" to "Brutal Bible Blood Baths". I think there would have been a lot of blood, even if no-one died.

I'm pondering if there's a significance of mentioning She bears. Not so ferocious as males bears perhaps? No worries, not claiming anything.
    I wonder how people could tell? Maybe she-bears are a bit smaller than male bears?

No deaths are mentioned at all
    42 youths mauled and not one person died of blood loss? Bears are good at killing things - maybe even better than wolves. Anyway in my game I only talk about bears mauling the youths - and a counter that says "Victims Left"... so my game is compatible with the idea of there being no deaths.

6. Top | #16
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I made a brutalbible.com website with the latest prototype....

Brutal Bible Blood Baths

7. Top | #17
    Cyborg with a Tiara
    Archived
    Total Posts
    For the record, She-Bears are SIGNIFICANTLY more vicious than he-bears.

8. Top | #18
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by excreationist View Post
    Well to speed up the level the youths can't run past the edge of the screen.... that way it doesn't take that long to get youths that are running in opposite directions.

Well I changed the game name from "Epic Bible Massacres" to "Brutal Bible Blood Baths". I think there would have been a lot of blood, even if no-one died.

I wonder how people could tell? Maybe she-bears are a bit smaller than male bears?

No deaths are mentioned at all
    42 youths mauled and not one person died of blood loss? Bears are good at killing things - maybe even better than wolves. Anyway in my game I only talk about bears mauling the youths - and a counter that says "Victims Left"... so my game is compatible with the idea of there being no deaths.
    Yes good point on the she-bears.

Whether there were deaths or that they all survived, is down to what one reads in to the verses. And I'm NOT mocking your talent BTW. The game is just not for me, as I'm sure you can understand the perspective as a theist, with the viewpoint that this is mocking God etc..

9. Top | #19
    Cyborg with a Tiara
    Archived
    Total Posts
    The game is just not for me, as you can understand my perspective as a theist seeing it in the viewpoint that this is mocking God etc..
    To be fair, it's not mocking god, it's mocking the bible.

10. Top | #20
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Perhaps, not too bothered about mocking Christians though (like myself) .

Good point on the she-bears too. This is what I find useful about discussions.