Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Game: Brutal Bible Blood Baths

1. Top | #41
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Learner View Post
    Hmm on the link you have "Reliving Old Testament stories of God-approved slaughter and genocide," interesting.

Did you have any Jews play it yet?
    Not yet... BTW in the last level (genocide/killing everything that breathes) the end screen says "Awesome!!! You were even more faithful in obeying this command than the Israelites were!" (you were meant to wipe out the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites...) Maybe those ethnicities no longer exist so Jews don't have to worry about the commandment any more....

2. Top | #42
    Archived
    Total Posts
    BTW when I was checking my mark my heart beat was pounding very strongly - which is very rare....

3. Top | #43
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by excreationist View Post
    Hmm on the link you have "Reliving Old Testament stories of God-approved slaughter and genocide," interesting.

Did you have any Jews play it yet?
    Not yet... BTW in the last level (genocide/killing everything that breathes) the end screen says "Awesome!!! You were even more faithful in obeying this command than the Israelites were!" (you were meant to wipe out the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites...) Maybe those ethnicities no longer exist so Jews don't have to worry about the commandment any more....
    I suppose it would be awsome like Lord of the Rings to a lot of peeps if as Israelites V the nephilim tribes. Will some of the tribes be tall people or giants in the game as in the bible? (It'll still be a good game nevertheless)

4. Top | #44
    Archived
    Total Posts
    ....I suppose it would be awsome like Lord of the Rings to a lot of peeps if as Israelites V the nephilim tribes. Will some of the tribes be tall people or giants in the game as in the bible? (It'll still be a good game nevertheless)
    At the moment the plan is just to do the levels I've outlined... BTW somehow every single level can be outlined using one or two verses... (in my game presentation I read out the verses)

5. Top | #45
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I'm starting to learn the Unity game engine and it might take about a year before I finish the alpha version of the 3D game...

I think the promised land levels (6 nations to wipe out) will have a Minecraft visual style and hopefully allow you to chop up the victims and leave pools of blood. The bear level might involve paper cut-outs - like a child might design...

I found a text-to-speech voice of a boy that I'm very fond of...

Here's the bear level speech: (2 Kings 2:23-24)

https://brutal-bible.s3.us-east-2.am...-nirv-test.mp3

Here's a reading about an angry God stomping people as if they were grapes: (Isaiah 63:2-6)

https://brutal-bible.s3.us-east-2.am...ood_speech.mp3

I'll use that in the intro or in a trailer....

Also the blood of Jesus is related to stomped grapes (wine)

Here are some pics from the old Scratch prototype:

6. Top | #46
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by excreationist View Post
    I'm starting to learn the Unity game engine and it might take about a year before I finish the alpha version of the 3D game...

I think the promised land levels (6 nations to wipe out)
    ]
    War with 6 nations ... including, their baby/human sacrifice gods - the other surrounding nations got on ok with the Israelites btw.

God of the Israelites v gods of the nephilim tribes, sounds more like the biblical narrative imo.

God v gods.

7. Top | #47
    Archived
    Total Posts
    ....War with 6 nations ... including their baby/ human sacrifice gods - the other surrounding nations got on ok with the Israelites.
    Deuteronomy 20:16-18
    But what about the cities the Lord your God is giving you as your own? Kill everything that breathes in those cities. Completely destroy them. Wipe out the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites. That’s what the Lord your God commanded you to do. If you don’t destroy them, they’ll teach you to do all the things the Lord hates. He hates the way they worship their gods. If you do those things, you will sin against the Lord your God.
    God of the Israelites v gods of the nephilim tribes (close to the biblical narrative, imo).

God v gods.
    Yeah I've got some ideas related to their false gods (and your shocking slaughter of innocents [with dark humor])... their towns would have shrines and temples possibly with evidence of human sacrifice. You "spawn" (since those levels are based on a Minecraft computer game) with fellow soldiers at the edge of the town. But the slaughter only begins when you draw your sword. You can peacefully walk around the towns and the soldiers follow you. The villagers might look suspiciously at you though. But after a while the soldiers could complain:
    "Can we start the massacre/slaughter/bloodbath/genocide yet? (“please?”)"
    If you go up to an idol an option appears on the screen: "Worship their god" (maybe only if you haven't drawn your sword yet)
    Then (based on the nation) you say something like "I praise thee O god of the Jebusites!"
    If you worship a false god the other soldiers are shocked and rush to kill you.... so it is a bit of a sandbox game...

8. Top | #48
    Contributor
    There is a huge Christian market for Christian video games and books. There are popular end time fiction authors.

9. Top | #49
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve_bank View Post
    There is a huge Christian market for Christian video games and books. There are popular end time fiction authors.
    Yes there is a big potential market...
    The promised land levels will be based on the world's most popular game, Minecraft. There are more than a dozen Christian books based on Minecraft:
    https://www.koorong.com/search/results?w=Minecraft
    I got the idea for the blood and gore from Lego depictions:
    https://thebrickbible.com/
    The author has done more than 400 stories and sold many different books including those aimed at children yet he is an atheist.