Page 65 of 157 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115 ... LastLast

Thread: Forgery suspect killed by cop restricting his airway

1. Top | #641
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Another white supremacist Proud Boi aggitator arrested.

CPD, RCSD announce arrest of protester armed with pistol, 70 rounds of ammo

2. Top | #642
    Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    The more I read about Malcolm X the more I like him and and the separatism he supported.

3. Top | #643
    Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Harvestdancer View Post
    Keep talking about the race of the actors. Keep asking the wrong questions, you don't have to worry about the answers.

and again????

Fuck

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/stat...20993032388608

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/stat...22154833580032

#followthebricks

4. Top | #644
    Archived
    Total Posts
    It appears that there are people who take the destruction of social order quite seriously. Making it their mission in life. Sowing disorder instead of working toward peace and reconciliation.

5. Top | #645
    Quote Originally Posted by DBT View Post
    It appears that there are people who take the destruction of social order quite seriously. Making it their mission in life. Sowing disorder instead of working toward peace and reconciliation.
    Yes. They are taking advantage. And what’s worse, they seem to be welcomed by some. You can hear, ‘yo, we got bricks’ in the video. One can imagine that that pile of bricks won’t be there for long.

This has gone way past being only about protests over the injustice done to George Floyd. That was just a spark. It seems there was already a lot of very dry tinder out there.

I suppose it’s even possible that coronavirus and the lockdown might have been at least a small exacerbating factor?

Some people have been saying for quite a while that America might be due another revolution. I’m not going to overstate things and say that this is it, this will probably pass, but it’s possible that this sort of thing is what those people were in some ways talking about. And if that’s the case, I would not be surprised if it (some of the underlying tension and dissatisfaction) was not just about race. There seem to be big divisions in America, between races, between the left and right and between the wealthy and the rest, and things seem to have been getting generally worse this last 10 years or so at least.
    Last edited by ruby sparks; 06-01-2020 at 10:18 AM.

6. Top | #646
    There do seem to be some quite unprecedented aspects to the aftermath. Swift condemnation from other police forces, even some showing of solidarity with protesters, such as a black and a white policeman together holding up an, ‘End police brutality’ placard (in Kansas I think). Has anything like that ever happened before?

Add to that the fast processing of the case to arrest and (3rd degree murder) charges.

Even Donald Trump hasn’t handled it as bad as might have been feared, and it might not even be fair, as much as I dislike him, to say he’s handled it badly at all, on the whole (yes I’m aware of some of the criticisms, including from Floyd’s brother).

If US politicians have any sense, they’ll bring in some reforms for policing after this, assuming they can. It won’t be easy, I’m sure, but I read that the force which serves the area that Eric Garner was killed in had made some, fairly recently, involving an emphasis on a less confrontational approach.

How on earth can be it be ok for the head of a police union to be organising ‘warrior style’, ‘killology’ training seminars for officers to attend? How is that even allowed? And we are talking about the police force serving the area in this case.
    Last edited by ruby sparks; 06-01-2020 at 10:20 AM.

7. Top | #647
    Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Patooka View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Harvestdancer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patooka View Post

Agreed. That would be like blaming Trump for losing your car keys.

Oh good. Frankly I was pretty uncomfortable agreeing with you. Take your meds, and you won't see big bad government purposely releasing convicted criminals just so they have room for quarantine violators.

Posted a few paragraphs after accusing people of screaming Russian conspiracy deluded.
    I recently left California. I'm sure you've seen differently where you are. Are you trying to tell me "they don't do that in Sidney so they don't do that in Los Angeles"? Sure.
    Instruct jails to release criminals to make room for quarantine violators? Nope, not a thing in Sydney, nor I suspect anywhere else.
    Ah, you are looking for official instructions, while I'm looking at the practical real-world effects of what is happening. First there was an instruction to release criminals due to Covid, then there was the arresting of quarantine violators. Probably the two aren't the result of one singular order, but the effect is exactly what I described.

8. Top | #648
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ruby sparks View Post
    I suppose it’s even possible that coronavirus and the lockdown might have been at least a small exacerbating factor?
    Well, 40 million people or so (and likely growing every day) have filed for unemployment. So, definitely that added some kindling, I would say.

9. Top | #649
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by repoman View Post
    The more I read about Malcolm X the more I like him and and the separatism he supported.
    Apparently you have not read his autobiography because he renounced separatism towards the end of his life.

10. Top | #650
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Derec View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by laughing dog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Derec View Post
    But some on here want lawbreakers only arrested when they are white (example: Elixir).
    That is untrue. Elixir wrote "I'd be all for it if they rounded up this guy and those like him. -You know, the WHITE people who actually started doing that shit." where the "all for it" was rounding up all the looters and rioters and making them clean up and rebuild.
    You quoted the whole thing, so why do you ignore his qualification that he is only for arresting these thugs if they are white?
    You are the one ignoring the content of the quote. As I pointed out the "all for it" refers to RVonse's rounding up all of the looters and rioters and then making them clean up and reconstruct. Clearly all of the looter and rioters involves anyone of any race.