Page 1 of 74 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Police Misconduct Catch All Thread

1. Top | #1
    Loony Running The Asylum ZiprHead's Avatar
    Archived
    Total Posts

Police Misconduct Catch All Thread

I'll start with this one.:

NYPD Officer Still Has A Job Even Though He Was Caught Planting Weed On Two Innocent Men In Separate Incidents

A New York Police Department officer is still roaming the streets after his own body camera captured him apparently planting drugs on innocent people twice.

The Intercept acquired bodycam footage reportedly showing Officer Kyle Erickson planting weed in a car during a traffic stop on March 13, 2018.

In the video, Erickson and his partner Elmer Pastran, pulled over a Staten Island driver who supposedly had a broken taillight. Jason Serrano was sitting in the passenger seat during the stop. Serrano, who was recovering from a stab wound, and his female friend were ordered out of the car after the cops claimed they smelled weed.

“I can barely move,” Serrano said while lifting his shirt to show the wound on his abdomen.

“I don’t want to see that,” Erickson replied. When the officers demanded to search Serrano’s jacket he kept protesting — “There’s nothing in there. … I’m not getting searched for no reason” — and was eventually thrown to the ground despite the severity of his injuries.

“They said I was resisting arrest, but I just didn’t want to hit the floor, the only thing I was thinking about was [the injury],” Serrano told The Intercept. “I still had staples in me. … I couldn’t even stand up straight.”

Erickson searched the car while Pastran searched Serrano’s jacket, but they didn’t find anything.

“We gotta find something,” Erickson can be heard telling Pastran.

Erickson goes back to the car for another search. His body camera shows him fiddling with a small nugget of weed before he dropped it in a cup holder. The officers exchange a look and asked each other if they were “good,” as if they were confirming Erickson’s plant.
    When conservatives realize they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will abandon democracy.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we can't satisfy the rich.

2. Top | #2
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Details Surrounding MCPD Involved Shooting in Potomac Still Not Released/

It has been almost three months since a Potomac man was fatally shot by a member of the Montgomery County Police Department Tactical Unit, but many details surrounding the case still have not been made public.

Since the March 12 death police-involved shooting of 21-year-old Duncan Lemp in his bedroom, the name of the officer who fired the fatal shots, autopsy results and any police camera video has yet to be released.

MCPD used a special warrant that allowed its officers to enter the home in the 12200 block of St. James Road in Potomac without first knocking.
    Well, Duncan Lemp was White so no one cares.

3. Top | #3
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    https://edition.cnn.com/2020/06/15/e...rnd/index.html

Just a few weeks ago, SNL Star, Jay Pharoah was minding his own business, out for a jog, when four police officers pulled their weapons on him and kneeled on his neck even though he was fully cooperating with them.

His crime? He looked like someone they were looking for.

Physical assault against citizens who are fully compliant and law abiding.

4. Top | #4
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    First published in the 70's I believe. Might still have the issue in storage.

Attached Images Attached Images

5. Top | #5
    Veteran Member

6. Top | #6
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    A woman, Atatiana Jefferson, is home playing video games with her nephew at night, in Fort Worth, when she hears a suspicious sound in her backyard. She pulls her firearm out of her purse and looks out the window to investigate. The trespassers yell, "Put your hands up! Show me your hands!" then shoot through the window killing her. The strangers slinking around in her backyard were police officers who did not identify themselves. They had been dispatched by a concerned neighbor who saw an open door.
    https://edition.cnn.com/2019/12/20/u...ted/index.html
    Last edited by zorq; 06-17-2020 at 03:18 AM.

7. Top | #7
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Last night in my town:
    Former right wing candidate for city council shoots statue protester.
    https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/new-m...031033416.html

8. Top | #8
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Police in Nevada arresting people for no crime or reason at all. Kidnapping.

https://www.rgj.com/story/news/2020/...ts/3197995001/

9. Top | #9
    Super Moderator
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ZiprHead View Post

NYPD Officer Still Has A Job Even Though He Was Caught Planting Weed On Two Innocent Men In Separate Incidents

A New York Police Department officer is still roaming the streets after his own body camera captured him apparently planting drugs on innocent people twice.

The Intercept acquired bodycam footage reportedly showing Officer Kyle Erickson planting weed in a car during a traffic stop on March 13, 2018.

In the video, Erickson and his partner Elmer Pastran, pulled over a Staten Island driver who supposedly had a broken taillight. Jason Serrano was sitting in the passenger seat during the stop. Serrano, who was recovering from a stab wound, and his female friend were ordered out of the car after the cops claimed they smelled weed.

“I can barely move,” Serrano said while lifting his shirt to show the wound on his abdomen.

“I don’t want to see that,” Erickson replied. When the officers demanded to search Serrano’s jacket he kept protesting — “There’s nothing in there. … I’m not getting searched for no reason” — and was eventually thrown to the ground despite the severity of his injuries.

“They said I was resisting arrest, but I just didn’t want to hit the floor, the only thing I was thinking about was [the injury],” Serrano told The Intercept. “I still had staples in me. … I couldn’t even stand up straight.”

Erickson searched the car while Pastran searched Serrano’s jacket, but they didn’t find anything.

Erickson goes back to the car for another search. His body camera shows him fiddling with a small nugget of weed before he dropped it in a cup holder. The officers exchange a look and asked each other if they were “good,” as if they were confirming Erickson’s plant.
    This makes no sense. Once a cop has been busted like this he's worthless in court.

10. Top | #10
    Veteran Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ZiprHead View Post

This makes no sense. Once a cop has been busted like this he's worthless in court.
    Do I see a tiny glimmer of comprehension there?

Keep going Loren, learning and growing is a little painful sometimes, but you can do it if you try hard enough.