Page 73 of 77 FirstFirst ... 23637172737475 ... LastLast

Thread: Police Misconduct Catch All Thread

1. Top | #721
    Archived
    Total Posts
    We need a "police acting like actual police & not criminals catch-all" thread.

2. Top | #722
    Loony Running The Asylum ZiprHead's Avatar
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by repoman View Post
    This is a good event, with the policeman being brave

She would have been shot down a long time before the takedown by US cops.
    When conservatives realize they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will abandon democracy.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we can't satisfy the rich.

3. Top | #723
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ZiprHead View Post

Using a Taliban trained suicide attack robot VIA M1 Abrams.

4. Top | #724
    Contributor
    I saw the video on the news this morning;

After a video provided to CBS2/KCAL9 by a witness showing three plainclothes Glendale police officers beating a teenager suspected of shoplifting, with another uniformed officer coming into the fray and kicking the teen in the face, all four officers have been placed on administrative leave. “It was really hard to watch. We got traumatized. We have, like, all of the video stuck in our head,” Melissa Navarette, the teen victim’s sisters, told CBSLA’s Kandiss Crone.
    News

5. Top | #725
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts

I doubt it. These days, the mainstream and social media love a good "cop shoots and kills suspect" story, so that's what they bring you. Non lethal and often peaceful takedowns of armed suspects happen all the time, but that's not really what sells or fits the "police bad" narrative.

Speaking of, let's add a little positive balance to this thread, with video of cops doing good. Sadly, with demands for "defund the police" and record numbers of police retiring and quitting due to all the bad press, we are likely to see less of these stories:

6. Top | #726
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thebeave View Post
    I doubt it. These days, the mainstream and social media love a good "cop shoots and kills suspect" story, so that's what they bring you. Non lethal and often peaceful takedowns of armed suspects happen all the time, but that's not really what sells or fits the "police bad" narrative.

Speaking of, let's add a little positive balance to this thread, with video of cops doing good. Sadly, with demands for "defund the police" and record numbers of police retiring and quitting due to all the bad press, we are likely to see less of these stories:

That you believe cops doing their job requires special recognition pretty much shows how fucked accountability is in law enforcement. Like you said, it's easy ratings to report on police corruption and yet I have never heard of a news story where police enforced their own without prompting from the public first. So fuck giving them a gold star for sometimes doing an adequate job that costs some cities half their fiscal budget.

7. Top | #727
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Patooka View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thebeave View Post

That you believe cops doing their job requires special recognition pretty much shows how fucked accountability is in law enforcement. Like you said, it's easy ratings to report on police corruption and yet I have never heard of a news story where police enforced their own without prompting from the public first. So fuck giving them a gold star for sometimes doing an adequate job that costs some cities half their fiscal budget.
    And "loving stories" is not why we amplify them! We'd like to have a world where it's very rare to see these stories!

8. Top | #728
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gospel View Post
    Jesus. Sometimes I think the only real solution would be mob justice in these cases.

9. Top | #729
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    It was ok for white people to hate black people over a color for 200 years but kill me if I hate white people when they do that kinda shit right?
    Well, yes, you are acting immorally by hating white people over this. Why is that difficult to understand?

And it wasn't "OK" for white people to hate black people for 200 years. What is so hard to understand?

10. Top | #730
    Veteran Member
    We need a "police acting like actual police & not criminals catch-all" thread.
    Oh, there are quite a few in the archives. But they never last long. People don't remain interested in the normal.