Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: What Are You Eating Today?

1. Top | #141
    Deus Meumque Jus
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Just had our first foray with a classic Italian tomato sauce from this cookbook.

It's a very simple recipe that people were raving about in the book's reviews - 2 lbs of Tomatoes (skinned, but not seeded, I think the book recommends plum tomatoes), 6 tablespoons of butter, salt to taste, and half an onion (unchopped). You simmer the tomatoes and butter with onion in place on a slow, steady simmer for 45 minutes. After the time's up you discard the onion and you've got your sauce.

We just poured it over spaghetti and baby shrimp, with parmesan and black pepper. It was a nice lunch.

2. Top | #142
    Intergalactic Villainess Angry Floof's Avatar
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Had a banana and coffee at 7 am, then later went off to a doctor appt, which turned out to be scheduled for tomorrow, not today. Doh! Went to the grocery store after that and was so hungry by the time I was done, I ended up eating two pears on the way home and then had a bowl of pasta salad and two microwave chimichangas and a mug of soy milk for lunch. Yuuuuuuge lunch.
    The Authoritarians

GOP and Trump supporters will not be able to say they didn't know. Vote in numbers too big to manipulate.

3. Top | #143
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I have had a nagging urge to eat an entire double chocolate cake all by myself. Chilled, so the frosting has the consistency of peanut butter.

No buttercream, no whipped cream. Those are both evil.
    If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to a library. - Frank Zappa

4. Top | #144
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Roast pork and crackling!

5. Top | #145
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Had pineapple pancakes (with more coarsely chopped pineapple on the side), and turkey sausage for breakfast today.

6. Top | #146
    Deus Meumque Jus
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Made a garlic/basil tomato sauce tonight and served it over whole wheat spaghetti. I thought I had a longer cooking time for the sauce so didn't get around to adding meat, but it was still satisfying.

7. Top | #147
    Archived
    Total Posts
    My brother is working on the deck again today and Bilby is hauling chicken as usual so I have prepared a caloric dinner for them, and there will be leftovers, I am sure.

I have prepared devilled sausages- sausages par cooked, then put into an oven proof dish with sautéed onion, mushroom, cherry tomatoes and diced bacon, and a sauce of gravy, ketchup, balsamic vinegar and sugar.

I have also prepared what I call loaded smash potato, but my brother thinks is bubble and squeak. It’s smashed potato, with skins on, with bacon, peas and corn, all mixed together, put into another oven proof dish, and topped with a mature cheese, paprika and chives.

Both of these are placed in a moderate/medium oven for around 30 minutes or until hot and the cheese is melted!

A level, you could put the two in the same dish, sausages on the bottom and potato on top to create a sausage cottage/shepherds pie!

As I said, calorific!

8. Top | #148
    Intergalactic Villainess Angry Floof's Avatar
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Almond butter and apple sandwich. Very sticky but delicious.
    The Authoritarians

GOP and Trump supporters will not be able to say they didn't know. Vote in numbers too big to manipulate.

9. Top | #149
    Archived
    Total Posts
    The devilled sausages and loaded potatoes went down a treat, and there was enough for my brother, Mark, to take home two meals.

10. Top | #150
    Formerly Joedad
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gmbteach View Post
    The devilled sausages and loaded potatoes went down a treat, and there was enough for my brother, Mark, to take home two meals.
    As I started reading post #147 I was curious as to "calorific." Then I figured it out.

My partner is a picky eater but I need a good vegetarian dish for her that includes a lot of vegetables. Something soupy that keeps in the fridge for better part of a week. It will be good for her mood and her health because even she admits she doesn't get enough vegetables in her diet.

So if you have any ideas feel free to share. I offered up a vegetable soup with broccoli, brussel sprouts, cauliflower, green beans and carrots but she wrinkled her nose.

Got any ideas?