Page 1 of 55 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Eating Today?

1. Top | #1
    Cyborg with a Tiara
    Archived
    Total Posts

What Are You Eating Today?

In the spirit of the lounge threads... what are you eating today? Could spin off recipes when there’s a lot of interest

For father’s day today, we made stroganoff. A shaved beef one for the carnivoures in the house and a Gardein brand beef tips version in chickpea pasta for the vegetarians.

It was delicious!

2. Top | #2
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Grilled chicken burgers. Ground breast, minced green onions, bread crumbs, teriyaki sauce, some mustard, sesame oil, an egg.

Grilled alongside corn on the cob, and toasted the buns.
    Surprisinly filling. I barely made it thru one....

3. Top | #3
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Too much whisky last night is dictating that it's a tough day for food preparation, but I did have some Buffalo based Brie we picked up from the market yesterday. Partner can finally eat Brie now that the pregnancy is over, so we indulged in a few cheeses on Saturday.

4. Top | #4
    Horchata, spiked with a bit of cheap whiskey and oat milk. It's ALMOST too sweet, but not too sweet for dessert. Summer Term, I'm ready for you!

Oh, eating, you said.

We had hot dogs.

5. Top | #5
    Veteran Member TV and credit cards's Avatar
    Archived
    Total Posts
    A taco salad. Ground chuck or it could have been ground sirloin (Who can remember.) with organic spicy taco seasoning and black beans, chili lime hot sauce, jalapeno slices, chopped red onion, quartered grape tomatoes, cut lettuce, and as always, dairy free. Served on a paper plate and scooped with tortilla chips.
    One spoon and one knife to wash.
    Overall laziness rating: 7.5/10.

6. Top | #6
    Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Last night we had my husband's delicious baked chicken that is as crispy and much tastier than fried chicken. We only eat organically grown chicken. It tastes so much better than the shit that comes from factory farms. We are fortunate in being able to afford the good stuff. We had fresh steamed broccoli, a mix of corn and other veggies from a frozen veggie mix, home made cranberry sauce and some fresh melon.

7. Top | #7
    Formerly Joedad
    Archived
    Total Posts
    A fresh (picked yesterday) salad from the garden with a sprinkle of cheese, capers, kalamata olives and Italian dressing. That and some black bean burgers that didn't come out half bad. Also picked some strawberries that will make a nice dessert. For finishers it's time for gin/tonic/ice in the afternoon shade.

8. Top | #8
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Rosemary Potatoes (nice side dish for 2)

All spices are the dry kind -- recalibrate my directions if you cook with the fresh kind.
    Simmer one and a half t. of rosemary in one and a half T. of olive oil. (This will be your marinade base.)
    While it simmers, boil 7 or 8 small redskin potatoes for 20 minutes.
    Remove marinade from heat and spoon the potatoes onto a plate. When everything is cool enough to touch, slice each redskin in half. Pour marinade into shallow bowl and add additional spices (I like fresh ground pepper, oregano, basil, and garlic -- a good dash of each.)
    Roll each redskin half in marinade and put on baking sheet. If you run low on marinade, add a little olive oil.
    Into 350 degree oven. After 15 minutes, remove and flip each redskin over. Back in oven for 15 minutes.
    Et voila.

9. Top | #9
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    We had a quick meal last night - Macaroni and Cheese mixed with steamed broccoli, tomato, and jalapeno, and a few croquettes from a nearby Dutch store.

Tonight I used up some week old, frozen salmon including a tail by stripping the flesh and making a stir-fry - mushrooms, zucchini, carrot, Tikka Masala sauce, home-made Garam Masala spice mixture, Calrose Brown Rice, and the salmon. That's the only way we can stomach eating the tail, especially after it's sat in the freezer for a while.

10. Top | #10
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Tonight we had chicken and potatoes. I par cooked about 220g potatoes and 150g carrots. Later, I sautéed a large onion roughly chopped and added a large 380g diced chicken breast. I then added about 250g Chopped mushrooms. Let them cook down then added a bit of stock powder mixed with gravy powder and a bit of water. Season with salt and pepper and viola!