Thread: Covid-19 miscellany

1. Top | #1271
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TSwizzle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhea View Post
    We’re all sick of It.
    Unfortunately there are far too many anti science lockdown zealots out there.
    Yeah, they're the fucking problem.🙄

2. Top | #1272
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyfingers View Post
    There is a very consistent pattern that has emerged that blue States are vaccinating at a significantly higher rates and red States. Thanks so much Trump, Fox and other morons for making hurd immunity impossible to achieve.
    Numbers? That correlation seems too good to be true. I'm not saying that that isn't the case, just that I want to see the evidence.

3. Top | #1273
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lpetrich View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyfingers View Post
    There is a very consistent pattern that has emerged that blue States are vaccinating at a significantly higher rates and red States. Thanks so much Trump, Fox and other morons for making hurd immunity impossible to achieve.
    Numbers? That correlation seems too good to be true. I'm not saying that that isn't the case, just that I want to see the evidence.
    This is not the source that I had looked at a couple days ago but the chart makes it pretty clear that generally blue states are doing far better at getting the population vaccinated than red states. It's the vertical axis that counts toward my comment.

The data in the table at the bottom could be charted blue vs red.

https://www.kff.org/policy-watch/sup...ipping-points/

4. Top | #1274
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I haven't color coded this but just sorting that table data on % of population who has had their first dose, it's pretty clear that the top would be mostly blue and the bottom would be mostly red.

5. Top | #1275
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Is that inclusive of people below 16 years of age? If not as soon as they become EUA eligible then these numbers will drop a fair bit.

6. Top | #1276
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by repoman View Post
    Is that inclusive of people below 16 years of age? If not as soon as they become EUA eligible then these numbers will drop a fair bit.
    The source data in the link says Adults.

7. Top | #1277
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Sweden's Corona vaccine rollout is a complete shit show. They haven't done anything right so far. So why start now?

They're having trouble with informing people how and were they can get vaccinated. It's not centrally organized. Each region is handling it on their own, with wildly varying rules. Nobody knows what rules apply. A lot of people who are eligible now and want to get the vaccine aren't able to figure out the system. While not even 10% have been vaccinated in Sweden they're now forced to open it up to just anyone, simply to keep doses from going to waste. First thing that happens when they open it up is that the website for booking the vaccine goes down. Well done Sweden.

The system is a problem for me, since I'm Swedish and need to go to Sweden to get my vaccine. I live in Copenhagen. So it's just 15 minutes over a bridge to get there. The region I belong to is Stockholm. But I will get vaccinated in Malmö. Because I belong to Stockholm I'm not eligible at the moment. If I would belong to Malmö I would get vaccinated there now. But I don't. So I can't. When Stockholm allows me to get vaccinated I will get vaccinated in Malmö.

Who ever devised this system is a fucking idiot.

8. Top | #1278
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DrZoidberg View Post
    Sweden's Corona vaccine rollout is a complete shit show. They haven't done anything right so far. So why start now?

They're having trouble with informing people how and were they can get vaccinated. It's not centrally organized. Each region is handling it on their own, with wildly varying rules. Nobody knows what rules apply. A lot of people who are eligible now and want to get the vaccine aren't able to figure out the system. While not even 10% have been vaccinated in Sweden they're now forced to open it up to just anyone, simply to keep doses from going to waste. First thing that happens when they open it up is that the website for booking the vaccine goes down. Well done Sweden.

The system is a problem for me, since I'm Swedish and need to go to Sweden to get my vaccine. I live in Copenhagen. So it's just 15 minutes over a bridge to get there. The region I belong to is Stockholm. But I will get vaccinated in Malmö. Because I belong to Stockholm I'm not eligible at the moment. If I would belong to Malmö I would get vaccinated there now. But I don't. So I can't. When Stockholm allows me to get vaccinated I will get vaccinated in Malmö.

Who ever devised this system is a fucking idiot.
    Can't you get your shot in Denmark? I'm pretty sure Austria and Germany vaccinate permanent residents regardless of citizenship, with the same criteria (I.e., I'll probably get my first shot in August or September if they don't pick up the pace). And you're not just any foreign national resident, you're an EU citizen, so denying you the shot when it would be your turn as a Dane is arguably in violation of EU regulations.

9. Top | #1279
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    This FAQ explicitly states that foreign nationals living and working in Denmark who have a Danish social security number can get vaccinated in Denmark (Q 14)

https://www.sst.dk/en/english/corona...-be-vaccinated

10. Top | #1280
    Archived
    Total Posts
    crazyfingers's link with its title: Supply vs Demand: Which States are Reaching their COVID-19 Vaccine Tipping Points? | KFF

Thanx, cf. It's evident which states do better than which other states.