Page 167 of 255 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169177217 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 2544

Thread: Covid-19 miscellany

1. Top | #1661
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TomC View Post
    I had an interesting conversation yesterday.

I went in for my second C19 shot.(definitely more effects than Moderna #1, but still not a big deal)

The health department nurse who administered the shot is a solid Trump supporter. I found this out through conversation.
    Paraphrased,

Tom) I'm just glad to finally get my full vaccination. I won't have to wear a mask any more. We'll be nearing herd immunity. We can get the economy going again. We can leave the Trump administration behind!

Nurse) Trump isn't the problem. China is the problem.
    You are brave and lucky she did not inject you with a bleach.

2. Top | #1662
    Veteran Member TV and credit cards's Avatar
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ZiprHead View Post
    Employees protest against Houston hospital's policy that all staff must be vaccinated against Covid-19

(CNN)A group of Houston Methodist Hospital workers protested on Monday the health care system's requirement that staffers be vaccinated against Covid-19, according to CNN affiliate KTRK.

Employees had to get the Covid-19 vaccine by June 7, according to Houston Methodist.

More than 100 staffers at Houston Methodist filed a lawsuit on May 28 against the health care system over its vaccine policy, saying the vaccines are "unapproved" and "experimental." The plaintiffs are asking for a temporary injunction against the policy.

Jennifer Bridges, one of the plaintiffs, told KTRK that employees who did not comply with the policy have been suspended. Houston Methodist said any employee that did not comply with the vaccine policy will be suspended for two weeks. If they are still not vaccinated after the two weeks, they will be terminated.
    Good.
    The EEOC states that employers can mandate vaccinations because “unvaccinated employees present a direct threat to others in the workplace”. Yet the military has no such mandate, even aboard navy ships. Considering how quickly infections can spike on ships as we have witnessed, you’d think Biden would waive the informed consent requirement for emergency use drugs in the interest of national security.
    It doesn’t seem like the EEOC is on strong ground here. And I think “terminating” human beings is rather harsh.

3. Top | #1663
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Angra Mainyu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TomC View Post
    I had an interesting conversation yesterday.

I went in for my second C19 shot.(definitely more effects than Moderna #1, but still not a big deal)

The health department nurse who administered the shot is a solid Trump supporter. I found this out through conversation.
    Paraphrased,

Tom) I'm just glad to finally get my full vaccination. I won't have to wear a mask any more. We'll be nearing herd immunity. We can get the economy going again. We can leave the Trump administration behind!

Nurse) Trump isn't the problem. China is the problem.

Tom) China didn't tell anyone that C19 is no worse than a cold. China didn't tell anyone that masks are useless. China didn't tell anyone that C19 is a hoax by the Democrats. China didn't tell anyone that the country will be open by Easter. That was all Trump.

Nurse) But Trump got the vaccine developed.

Tom) No he didn't. Biden had to start from scratch getting the vaccine to the people who need it.

Nurse) Maybe you don't read the right news. I have lots of friends and relatives who support Trump. Most of them are vaccinated.

Tom) My mother-in-law goes to a Baptist church. A guy there proved that the vaccine has a chip in it, by sticking a piece of plastic to her arm. He claimed that it was a magnet sticking to the chip.

Etc Etc
    Much hilarity ensued.

But the conversation was jovial and polite, if spirited. Before I left the clinic, I made sure to go around and thank everyone for what they do. I started with Nurse.

Tom
    Funny.

Seriously, both Trump and the Chinese regime are problems, but didn't Trump get some of the vaccines developed?
    Trump did not get in the way. So he has at least that much going for him. Unfortunately he completely screwed things up. You can't take much credit for developing a vaccine when you had a hand in over half a million deaths.

What did Biden have to start from scratch? (I've not been following the details, so you may be right, but it's not what I read).
    Multiple things needed for vaccination, creation, production, distribution. The distribution part wasn't much thought out.

4. Top | #1664
    Loony Running The Asylum ZiprHead's Avatar
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Patooka View Post
    Sorry, which part? The protest or the hospital policy?
    Hospital policy. Sorry for the confusion.
    When conservatives realize they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will abandon democracy.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we can't satisfy the rich.

5. Top | #1665
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by barbos View Post
    I would like somebody to clarify how exactly are they gaining that function.
    There is a whole treatise on that. You may even have heard of it:

In the case of virii, we're not talking about billions of trials, not even trillions of trial, but orders of magnitude more trials than that.
    ( We estimate that each infected person carries 10^9–10^11 virions during peak infection )
    For all we know there may well have already been "variants" that kill humans within a day or two at a rate of 99.9%, but failed to proliferate precisely because it kills its host.
    Saying that C-19 must have come from human-induced modification because we've not seen it before, is both hubristic and ignorant.

6. Top | #1666
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I'm hearing reports of people saying that if you place a piece a piece of metal on your skin and it sticks it's because of the chip in the vaccine.

When conservatives realize they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will abandon democracy.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we can't satisfy the rich.

7. Top | #1667
    Cyborg with a Tiara
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I'm hearing reports of people saying that if you place a piece a piece of metal on your skin and it sticks it's because of the chip in the vaccine.

Trying to picture how many chips would be necessary to e able to find it, and why they are not sticking to each other inside and thereby squishing vessels and killing you.

8. Top | #1668
    Cyborg with a Tiara
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Oh, and what exactly is the chip supposed to DO, anyway?

9. Top | #1669
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhea View Post
    Oh, and what exactly is the chip supposed to DO, anyway?
    It's a tracking device, they say while on the their smartphone that tracks everywhere they go.

10. Top | #1670
    Archived
    Total Posts

When one of the russian doctors was asked about that, he said "that's normal, cause electricity and some people are naturally more magnetic"
    Fucking idiot, even for a doctor.