Page 170 of 255 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170171172180220 ... LastLast
Results 1,691 to 1,700 of 2544

Thread: Covid-19 miscellany

1. Top | #1691
    The Sunshine State: The one with Crocs, not Gators
    Archived
    Total Posts
    It's been six hours since my first shot, and I don't even have a sore arm. If there wasn't a bandaid there, I wouldn't know I had it at all.

Of course it's early days yet. I might wake up tomorrow feeling like crap.

Or have a cerebral thrombosis and not wake up at all (I had the AstraZeneca).

2. Top | #1692
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bilby View Post
    It's been six hours since my first shot, and I don't even have a sore arm. If there wasn't a bandaid there, I wouldn't know I had it at all.

Damn, you got band-aid, I got а piece of cotton wool with alcohol.

After a second shot of Sputnik V (based on adenovirus as AstraZeneca) I had something of a minor headache which I (retroactively) attributed to something going on with trombosis in the brain.

https://m.naftemporiki.gr/story/1736...s-nasos-katris

Just read in the news, greek designer dies from AstraZeneca, 40 years old, looks fit and healthy on the photo.
    Fit and young people die from COVID19 complications more than before it seems.

3. Top | #1693
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DrZoidberg View Post
    The bad news is that I feel awful. The good news is that my 5G reception is great.

That vaccine reaction is no joke.

At least the deed is done. Yay
    Sorry to hear you feel awful. What vaccine was that?

But yay! You got a shot of (my guess) one of the best two vaccines there are.

4. Top | #1694
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts

Congrats, and over here, AZ is by far the vaccine with fewer cases of side effects; and thrombosis is extremely rare anyway.

5. Top | #1695
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts

Just be mindful that because you are in the southern hemisphere, the vaccine works different and you'll stick to metal objects instead of metal objects sticking to you.

6. Top | #1696
    Loony Running The Asylum ZiprHead's Avatar
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Higgins View Post

Just be mindful that because you are in the southern hemisphere, the vaccine works different and you'll stick to metal objects instead of metal objects sticking to you.
    And his head will spin in the opposite direction.
    When conservatives realize they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will abandon democracy.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we can't satisfy the rich.

7. Top | #1697
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Angra Mainyu View Post

Congrats, and over here, AZ is by far the vaccine with fewer cases of side effects; and thrombosis is extremely rare anyway.
    It's not very good at stopping the Delta variant though.

8. Top | #1698
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Apparently football teams are having issues getting everyone vaccinated.
    Quote Originally Posted by article
    In the place of hard numbers, most teams have given vague updates on their outlook. The Green Bay Packers' staff is nearly fully vaccinated, for example — but the players are not. The Chicago Bears are in that same boat. The Detroit Lions’ coaching staff has been fully vaccinated, but declined to give an update on the status of players. The Washington Football team was approaching a 50 percent vaccination rate among players this week. This is a similar story for most teams. They have been left to highlight the progress (which usually involves coaches or staff), but provide vague details on the struggles (which usually involve players).

The San Francisco 49ers, however, did provide a very telling picture of their own COVID vaccination efforts, stating that as of this week, 53 of their 91-man roster is now fully vaccinated and another five players are awaiting their second dose of the vaccine. And the other 33 players? Head coach Kyle Shanahan said the goal is to get another 20 players on board in the next 40 days. That would clear the 85 percent vaccination rate that teams are shooting for in the hopes of relaxing their COVID protocols at the start of training camp.

9. Top | #1699
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Higgins View Post
    Apparently football teams are having issues getting everyone vaccinated.
    Quote Originally Posted by article
    In the place of hard numbers, most teams have given vague updates on their outlook. The Green Bay Packers' staff is nearly fully vaccinated, for example — but the players are not. The Chicago Bears are in that same boat. The Detroit Lions’ coaching staff has been fully vaccinated, but declined to give an update on the status of players. The Washington Football team was approaching a 50 percent vaccination rate among players this week. This is a similar story for most teams. They have been left to highlight the progress (which usually involves coaches or staff), but provide vague details on the struggles (which usually involve players).

The San Francisco 49ers, however, did provide a very telling picture of their own COVID vaccination efforts, stating that as of this week, 53 of their 91-man roster is now fully vaccinated and another five players are awaiting their second dose of the vaccine. And the other 33 players? Head coach Kyle Shanahan said the goal is to get another 20 players on board in the next 40 days. That would clear the 85 percent vaccination rate that teams are shooting for in the hopes of relaxing their COVID protocols at the start of training camp.
    With such a controlled situation, I think that any players with confirmed covid infection and with antibodies/t-cells should count as a vaccination. These guys are ACTIVE in a way that many of us have not been in years if ever. A sensible person would seriously cut back on activity after vaccination to almost eliminate the the myocarditis risk . But if these guys do that they may get cut from the team.

Asking for a covid antibody bearing player to take more risk with almost no upside is not fair to the social contract.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/09/healt...rer/index.html

Every parent who decided to not have their 12-15 year old vaccinated based on these reports is a war criminal.
    Attached Images Attached Images

10. Top | #1700
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Is the body making a very rare and unfortunate antibody that somehow effects the heart or that looks like something on the heart that is then attacked?

https://mynorthwest.com/2933762/cdc-...covid-vaccine/

Can this be determined before hand that it may happen in specific people?