Page 402 of 412 FirstFirst ... 302352392400401402403404 ... LastLast
Results 4,011 to 4,020 of 4118

Thread: Covid-19 miscellany

1. Top | #4011
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I used to wear dust masks when cutting brush, moving dirt etc.
    Now, thanks to the pandemic I have lots of KN95 masks and they work way better. No sinus irritation!

Yay, pandemic...

2. Top | #4012
    Loony Running The Asylum ZiprHead's Avatar
    Archived
    Total Posts
    "The Clots Were The Size Of Pancakes"-Texas Embalmer Opens Up About Covid Horrors.

We get bodies out of ICU regularly, but not in the condition that these COVID bodies are in.

These folks were so swollen they were completely unrecognizable. We were also getting sent a lot of people who had died from COVID in nursing homes back at that time, and many of them had not been dead very long at all. Generally when we embalm, we utilize a major artery to inject the embalming fluid and we use its adjoining vein for drainage. The blood tends to settle out because it’s no longer flowing and it’ll gravitate to the dependent part of the body. The longer a body sits, the more blood clots that they develop. I was having people that had only been dead for a few hours and there were major clotting issues. The clots were the size of pancakes ― you never, never see those with someone who didn’t die of COVID.

Many of the people who were in the ICU were on ventilators, and they put adhesive patches on their cheeks. They can easily become septic and they drip that septic saliva on the sides of their faces and the skin in that area gets infected. We were literally receiving bodies with huge lesions on their cheeks or [patches that had gone] gangrene. The sad part is the families of these people, at that point, hadn’t been allowed to see their loved ones during the several weeks that they were in the ICU. So the body comes out in an almost unrecognizable condition, and then you have to explain to their family that their loved one doesn’t look anything like what they should.
    When conservatives realize they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will abandon democracy.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we can't satisfy the rich.

3. Top | #4013
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    A California couple died of Covid-19 weeks apart, orphaning 5 young children including a newborn

Davy Macias, a Southern California labor and delivery nurse, was seven months pregnant with her fifth child in early August when she was hospitalized with Covid-19. Daniel Macias also contracted the virus.

Doctors helped Davy Macias, 37, deliver the newborn early by Cesarean section while she was intubated, but she died before she could meet her baby.

Daniel Macias, 38, was being treated in the same hospital when he learned about the birth of his daughter. Nurses showed him photos of the baby, before he too died from complications of the virus less than two weeks later, leaving the newborn girl without parents or a name.

The couple was unvaccinated and died on August 26 and September 9, respectively, leaving behind children ranging in age from 3 weeks to 8 years old, Macias told CNN on Monday.

"It wasn't that they didn't want to be vaccinated -- they planned on it," she said. She was adamant that this was a personal choice and each wanted to learn more about its safety prior to being inoculated.

Wow. Sad. These people were tricked by propaganda and misinformation so they were skeptics and lost their lives.

4. Top | #4014
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jab View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Trausti View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyfingers View Post

They are not overwhelming the hospitals. Did you forget that point? It's central to the entire issue. Maybe pay attention better.
    Nonsense. Those hospitalized overwhelmingly have co-morbidities, like obesity. If people actually cared about public health it would be the focus of discussion/prevention. But such talk is verboten.
    Yes, I noticed that a lot of the hospitalized anti-vaxxers were fat, which makes their resistance to getting vaccinated all the more puzzling. So yeah, the fat mature unvaccinated should be put at the end of the line for ICU care. Of course some co-morbidities, like type 1 diabetes or many forms of cancer are not at all the responsibility of the individual.
    WEIGHT is often not the responsibility of the individual, unless you include genetics.

5. Top | #4015
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Tic tic video on the risks of vaccinated vs unvaccinated

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMRx68Ram/

6. Top | #4016
    Loony Running The Asylum ZiprHead's Avatar
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Playball40 View Post

Yes, I noticed that a lot of the hospitalized anti-vaxxers were fat, which makes their resistance to getting vaccinated all the more puzzling. So yeah, the fat mature unvaccinated should be put at the end of the line for ICU care. Of course some co-morbidities, like type 1 diabetes or many forms of cancer are not at all the responsibility of the individual.
    WEIGHT is often not the responsibility of the individual, unless you include genetics.
    I am the fat spitting image of my German grandfather. I never got to meet him. He and my mom's sister were killed in a car accident before I was born.
    When conservatives realize they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will abandon democracy.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we can't satisfy the rich.

7. Top | #4017
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Playball40 View Post

Eating processed foods and carbs throughout the day and neglecting exercise is a choice. Don’t make that choice.

8. Top | #4018
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Eating processed foods and carbs throughout the day and neglecting exercise is a choice. Don’t make that choice.
    Empty posturing. I know what right-wingers thought about Michelle Obama and school-lunch contents. I remember Sarah Palin's defense of junk food. That is because that seems to me to be agreeing with Michelle Obama and the granolas and the health-food nuts.

9. Top | #4019

10. Top | #4020
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lpetrich View Post
    Empty posturing. I know what right-wingers thought about Michelle Obama and school-lunch contents. I remember Sarah Palin's defense of junk food. That is because that seems to me to be agreeing with Michelle Obama and the granolas and the health-food nuts.
    Eh, granola and “health food” are not necessarily good for you. Read the label. If it’s ultra processed, high carb, has seed oils or soy, put it down. Or you’ll get the gut of metabolic syndrome. Which the corona just loves.