Page 236 of 409 FirstFirst ... 136186226234235236237238246286336 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,360 of 4086

Thread: Covid-19 miscellany

  1. Top | #2351
    Loony Running The Asylum ZiprHead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Do you like my pretty crown?
    Posts
    25,922
    Archived
    3,034
    Total Posts
    28,956
    Rep Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by DrZoidberg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Higgins View Post
    I keep forgetting it is death or nothing. Why do you keep asking the same question that has been answered dozens of times.

    Mutations, more spread, strain on the health care system. Is this so hard to remember? The CDC is saying this is chicken pox grade contractibility.

    Why is your response always centered on narcissism? If Delta gets to the vaccinated, that means those in the health care fields (especially hospitals) are at risk.
    I don't think that's true. When vaccinated people get any variant of Covid-19 it's just a common flu.

    I'll reformulate the question, what's your arguments for the delta variant being dangerous to the vaccinated? I haven't seen any.
    The CDC says that 98 to 99 percent of those dying are not vaccinated. That means that 1 to 2 percent of those dying have been vaccinated.
    When conservatives realize they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will abandon democracy.

    Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we can't satisfy the rich.

  2. Top | #2352
    Elder Contributor
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Located 100 miles east of A in America
    Posts
    32,538
    Archived
    42,473
    Total Posts
    75,011
    Rep Power
    100
    link
    Quote Originally Posted by article
    AdventHealth has elevated its Covid-19 status to "black" due to increased hospitalizations in the Central Florida network. This means that all non-emergency inpatient and outpatient surgeries and procedures will be rescheduled. Time-sensitive pediatric procedures will be carried out with the approval of AdventHealth's chief medical officer.
    Unfortunately, this doesn't only affect the unvaccinated. Hopefully this last only a few days. I'm sure it'll sort itself out shortly. I've been assured by others that people should just get over it.

    In a less sarcastic bit of info:
    Quote Originally Posted by article
    Finkler said that those vaccinated people who end up being hospitalized are there because they have comorbidities that would put them at risk because their immune system is not functioning normally.
    But those people die all the time anyway. Pretty much just asking to die with their comorbidities and all. Fuck 'em!

  3. Top | #2353
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    32,983
    Archived
    96,752
    Total Posts
    129,735
    Rep Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by bilby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel View Post

    Yup, it scored me pretty much as I expected it would.

    They never responded when I pointed out a problem, though--one of the analogy questions had "Tile is to roof" as the first half--which is a perfectly good type-of to me as I live in a house with a concrete tile (commonly called "tile" here) roof.
    I'm not sure what you think is a problem here; Most British houses have tiled roofs, and the test is aimed at and written for British people.

    They probably couldn't care less about picky Americans who perceive a problem that is entirely due to their being outside the target audience.
    Except it scored me wrong for treating it as a type-of analogy.

  4. Top | #2354
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    32,983
    Archived
    96,752
    Total Posts
    129,735
    Rep Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by repoman View Post
    For immune compromised in areas with access to vaccine and others in areas where there is no vaccine yet, what about having a "covid pack" of medicine to use in case of infection?

    Work out with your general practioner a schedule of medication to take and when as the virus goes through its paces.
    You're assuming that the doctor has such in the pharmacy. This is an incorrect assumption.

  5. Top | #2355
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    32,983
    Archived
    96,752
    Total Posts
    129,735
    Rep Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by DrZoidberg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Higgins View Post
    Are you seriously still on this bullshit. It appears Delta is as transmissible as the Measles and the vaccinated can contract it as well. Your argument was bullshit to start with, and we are seeing exactly why people should have immediately been vaccinated to prevent this from occurring. At this point, it appears everyone in the US will now get Covid-19.
    Again, so what? Delta isn't going to kill anybody vaccinated. It's spread is so great by now there's no lockdowns that can stop it. If we can't stop it, then why bother slowing it down? Why not let it rip? At this point, what's the benefit to anybody if we manage to slow it down? What's your end goal here?
    Because we are once again saturating ICUs with Covid patients.

  6. Top | #2356
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    32,983
    Archived
    96,752
    Total Posts
    129,735
    Rep Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyfingers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TSwizzle View Post
    I'm vaccinated, I don't care or worry about "anti-vaxxers" and neither should you, it is irrational. Stay home.
    Once again, it has repeatedly been pointed out that viruses mutate. We are now on Delta which it the 5th version.

    1. There as the original out of China
    2. There was Alpha out of England
    3. There was Beta out of South Africa
    4. There was Gamma out of Brazil and Japan
    5. There is Delta out of India
    There have been a lot more variants than this. The letters are only given to the ones that are a substantial increase in the threat.

  7. Top | #2357
    Elder Contributor
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10,996
    Archived
    17,741
    Total Posts
    28,737
    Rep Power
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyfingers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TSwizzle View Post
    I'm vaccinated, I don't care or worry about "anti-vaxxers" and neither should you, it is irrational. Stay home.
    Once again, it has repeatedly been pointed out that viruses mutate. We are now on Delta which it the 5th version.

    1. There as the original out of China
    2. There was Alpha out of England
    3. There was Beta out of South Africa
    4. There was Gamma out of Brazil and Japan
    5. There is Delta out of India
    There have been a lot more variants than this. The letters are only given to the ones that are a substantial increase in the threat.
    YES. Last time I read, which was like 3 weeks ago, they were up to Lambda. Lambda is also one of the dangerous ones.

  8. Top | #2358
    Loony Running The Asylum ZiprHead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Do you like my pretty crown?
    Posts
    25,922
    Archived
    3,034
    Total Posts
    28,956
    Rep Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Don2 (Don1 Revised) View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel View Post

    There have been a lot more variants than this. The letters are only given to the ones that are a substantial increase in the threat.
    YES. Last time I read, which was like 3 weeks ago, they were up to Lambda. Lambda is also one of the dangerous ones.
    Wait'll they get to Omega Mu. That'll be the hefty one.
    When conservatives realize they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will abandon democracy.

    Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we can't satisfy the rich.

  9. Top | #2359
    Elder Contributor
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Located 100 miles east of A in America
    Posts
    32,538
    Archived
    42,473
    Total Posts
    75,011
    Rep Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Don2 (Don1 Revised) View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel View Post

    There have been a lot more variants than this. The letters are only given to the ones that are a substantial increase in the threat.
    YES. Last time I read, which was like 3 weeks ago, they were up to Lambda. Lambda is also one of the dangerous ones.
    But Delta outperforms it, both in transmissibility and in stock options (Wall Street will let anything do an IPO). So the transmissibility can keep Delta the main player over Lambda.

  10. Top | #2360
    Fair dinkum thinkum bilby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Sunshine State: The one with Crocs, not Gators
    Posts
    25,063
    Archived
    10,477
    Total Posts
    35,540
    Rep Power
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by DrZoidberg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bilby View Post

    You need to give Scott Morrison a call. Sell him some vaccines, or maybe just try to clue him in about the responsibilities of a national leader during a pandemic.
    I've wondered about that. How come Australia sucks so much when it comes to getting their people vaccinated? It's hardly a question of money. Australia is not a poor country.
    Our federal government is currently led by a bunch of right-wing religious nuts. Fortunately, the majority of the pandemic response is handled by the states, with the federal government having only two major areas of responsibility - quarantine of international arrivals, and procurement and distribution of vaccines. Unfortunately, they have fucked up both, leaving the states to clean up their mess.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •