Results 2,411 to 2,420 of 4094

Thread: Covid-19 miscellany

1. Top | #2411
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Don2 (Don1 Revised) View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TSwizzle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Trausti View Post
    Wow. You totally missed the point. The bears engaged in bear behavior. That’s the reason for the spike. Nothing to do with masks.
    The left wing authoritarians are so consumed about the masks, nothing else penetrates.

Can’t see the woods for the masks as they say.
    I know you and Trausti are obsessed with bears, but the fact they were bears is a red herring.
    How is it a red herring? I thought it was morbidly funny. But it also shows how misguided it is to mandate masks due to this atypical event. The masks are just political theater, anyway.

2. Top | #2412
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bilby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patooka View Post

So let's see if I've got this correct:

Despite the fact the every medical community across the world independently came to same conclusion about mask wearing during a global pandemic, you are convinced there isn't any evidence about the efficacy of wearing a mask.

And you also believe Sydney is some authoritarian City-17 hellhole with law enforcement "swarming" over the place because the Daily Mail of all fucking media outlets say so. A quick look out on the veranda kinda shows the Daily Mail is full of fucking shit.

Holy fucking shit! Look at all the Authoritarianism!
    The UK tabloids have a long and inglorious history of hyperbolic and outright fictional reporting on Australian domestic stories. Until the ubiquity of the Internet, only a handful of people who regularly traveled between the two countries were in a position to know that they were lying, and few of them had an audience for their debunking of the nonsense.

It's astonishing how much disinformation there still is that uses distance to render disputes difficult and usually futile.

Similar fictional news can be found regarding the UK in the Australian media, though it's not quite as blatant nor as frequent.
    I heard they were firing out of helicopters at the crowds, with auto-inject syringes full of vaccine chips.
    Don't know if it's true, but a lot of people are saying that.
    Great people. That's what they're saying.

3. Top | #2413
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elixir View Post
    I heard they were firing out of helicopters at the crowds, with auto-inject syringes full of vaccine chips.
    Well nobody is going to believe that. It's Victorian cops who are trigger happy. NSW cops are simply corrupt and keep all the drugs for themselves (I know, I'm showing my age here)

4. Top | #2414
    The Sunshine State: The one with Crocs, not Gators
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Well nobody is going to believe that. It's Victorian cops who are trigger happy. NSW cops are simply corrupt and keep all the drugs for themselves (I know, I'm showing my age here)
    I did at one time have a T-shirt with a mallard on the front, and on the back "DUCK! It's the Victoria Police!"

5. Top | #2415
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts

I know you and Trausti are obsessed with bears, but the fact they were bears is a red herring.
    How is it a red herring? I thought it was morbidly funny. But it also shows how misguided it is to mandate masks due to this atypical event. The masks are just political theater, anyway.
    Due to your obsession with bears, you are imagining them in a massive bear orgy creating viral infections. That didn't happen outside your mind.

6. Top | #2416
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TSwizzle View Post
    What a authoritarian hell hole Australia is;

Australia today used helicopters and the army to enforce its 'Zero Covid' lockdown, as thousands of police flooded Sydney city centre to enforce the rules and hand out $500 fines for those not wearing a mask. Sirens blared across the city and a draconian message was broadcast from the skies, as millions were told: 'This is public health order —do not break rules —you will be found and fines issued.' Today, up to 1,300 police officers swarmed Sydney and set up a network of roadblocks in a massive show of force to avoid a repeat of last week's violent anti-lockdown protest.

Some 250 fines, each worth $500, were issued across the city today, with one man arrested after travelling on trains outside his local government area without a reasonable excuse.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...wn-Sydney.html
    So let's see if I've got this correct:

Despite the fact the every medical community across the world independently came to same conclusion about mask wearing during a global pandemic, you are convinced there isn't any evidence about the efficacy of wearing a mask.

And you also believe Sydney is some authoritarian City-17 hellhole with law enforcement "swarming" over the place because the Daily Mail of all fucking media outlets say so. A quick look out on the veranda kinda shows the Daily Mail is full of fucking shit.

Holy fucking shit! Look at all the Authoritarianism!
    Not sure what lyrics match best:

Still a man will hear what he wants to hear and disbelieve the rest

OR

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose. Nothing ain't worth nothing but it's free.

7. Top | #2417
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts

And South Dakota is hosting its very own super spreader event #2.

People do stupid things. Why do you think this pandemic is continuing???????

8. Top | #2418
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Victorian cops:

NSW cops:

9. Top | #2419
    The Sunshine State: The one with Crocs, not Gators
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arctish View Post
    Victorian cops:

NSW cops:

Queensland cops:

10. Top | #2420
    Archived
    Total Posts
    My city just started a mask mandate AGAIN! Thank you dumb-asses.