Page 202 of 410 FirstFirst ... 102152192200201202203204212252302 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,020 of 4094

Thread: Covid-19 miscellany

  1. Top | #2011
    Super Moderator crazyfingers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Massachusetts USA
    Posts
    2,999
    Archived
    13,699
    Total Posts
    16,698
    Rep Power
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by barbos View Post
    I wonder how many TV antivaxers are actually NOT vaccinated. Something tells me they are all vaccinated.
    I'd suspect that many are. For many, their anti-mask, Anti-vx message is all about ratings. It brings the money in. It makes them superstars on the right. I expect that many or most are smart enough to know that they are just spewing pure lies that bring the money in and themselves vaxed.

  2. Top | #2012
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    2,928
    Archived
    7,585
    Total Posts
    10,513
    Rep Power
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by TSwizzle View Post
    As the Delta variant continues its rapid spread in Los Angeles County, Dr. Christina Ghaly says unvaccinated people now account for all COVID-19 hospitalizations at county-run hospitals. "To date, we have not had a patient admitted to a DHS hospital who has been fully vaccinated with either the J&J, Pfizer or Moderna vaccine," said Dr. Christina Ghaly, director of the Los Angeles County Department of Health Services, said Tuesday. "Every single patient that we've admitted for COVID has been not yet fully vaccinated." State and county data shows the highly contagious Delta variant is quickly spreading among those who have not yet received a COVID-19 vaccine.
    abcNews

    Aside from the fact that masks are pretty pointless, there is no reason for vaccinated people to wear masks. So I won't be wearing one.
    So, it seems your argument is this:

    Anyone not currently vaccinated is that way by choice, so if you get and spread the virus to them, without yourself getting sick, and they get sick or die it’s their own fault for not getting the vaccination.

    Does that sound correct?

  3. Top | #2013
    Contributor
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    West Hollywood
    Posts
    5,636
    Rep Power
    30
    There is zero evidence, none that suggests vaccinated people are spreading the virus. FFS, even the CDC say vaccinated people don’t need to wear masks.

  4. Top | #2014
    Elder Contributor
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    24,385
    Archived
    16,553
    Total Posts
    40,938
    Rep Power
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by TSwizzle View Post
    There is zero evidence, none that suggests vaccinated people are spreading the virus. FFS, even the CDC say vaccinated people don’t need to wear masks.
    The vaccine certainly seems to be effective.

    Almost all the hospitalizations and deaths now are people who were not vaccinated.

    We tried to tell them to get vaccinated.

    Misleaders told them something else.

  5. Top | #2015
    Super Moderator crazyfingers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Massachusetts USA
    Posts
    2,999
    Archived
    13,699
    Total Posts
    16,698
    Rep Power
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by TSwizzle View Post
    There is zero evidence, none that suggests vaccinated people are spreading the virus. FFS, even the CDC say vaccinated people don’t need to wear masks.
    https://www.boston.com/news/coronavi...p_featurestack

    The numbers are small but in Massachusetts .1%, or 1 in 1000 people who are fully vaccinated have since caught Covid after being fully vaccinated. Of course that number is likely undercounting given that some fully vaccinated who do catch it probably don't get tested.

    While the numbers are small, it would be preposterous to claim that they can't/don't spread it.

    CDC hasn't recommended vaccinated to wear masks in most situations because the risks are very small. But to claim that there is zero evidence defies reality.

  6. Top | #2016
    Elder Contributor barbos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Mlky Way galaxy
    Posts
    12,112
    Archived
    8,047
    Total Posts
    20,159
    Rep Power
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by TSwizzle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by barbos View Post
    I don't watch them, I watch CNN and they show clips of deplorables from FOX news and other nazi channels.
    So I wonder how many of these clowns are not vaccinated. My guess none of them.
    "deplorables", "nazi channels". What a waste of bandwidth this gibberish is. You're every bit as bad the conspiracy theory nuts.

    CNN
    I am trying to use their language.

  7. Top | #2017
    Elder Contributor barbos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Mlky Way galaxy
    Posts
    12,112
    Archived
    8,047
    Total Posts
    20,159
    Rep Power
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyfingers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by barbos View Post
    I wonder how many TV antivaxers are actually NOT vaccinated. Something tells me they are all vaccinated.
    I'd suspect that many are. For many, their anti-mask, Anti-vx message is all about ratings. It brings the money in. It makes them superstars on the right. I expect that many or most are smart enough to know that they are just spewing pure lies that bring the money in and themselves vaxed.
    I suspect ALL of them (the one who are paid to be TV blowhards ) are vaccinated and know that they are lying.

    I think vaccination status should be public for all people, but especially for these who are spewing antivax propaganda. In fact it should be a crime to be antivixer while vaccinated, with real jail time, 5 years minimum.

  8. Top | #2018
    Super Moderator crazyfingers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Massachusetts USA
    Posts
    2,999
    Archived
    13,699
    Total Posts
    16,698
    Rep Power
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by barbos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyfingers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by barbos View Post
    I wonder how many TV antivaxers are actually NOT vaccinated. Something tells me they are all vaccinated.
    I'd suspect that many are. For many, their anti-mask, Anti-vx message is all about ratings. It brings the money in. It makes them superstars on the right. I expect that many or most are smart enough to know that they are just spewing pure lies that bring the money in and themselves vaxed.
    I suspect ALL of them (the one who are paid to be TV blowhards ) are vaccinated and know that they are lying.
    Perhaps we differ only on the question of how many of them actually have functioning brains.

  9. Top | #2019
    Mad Quilter Old Woman in Purple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Chicagoland, IL
    Posts
    15,302
    Rep Power
    29
    The thought crosses my mind: Will enough conservative/Republican/anti-vax folks die/become-nonfunctional to affect the November 2022 [and future] elections?

    No, as bothered as I am by all this $#!t that's going on, I am NOT wishing that kind of nasty on anyone.....


    Just an idle thought....

  10. Top | #2020
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    2,928
    Archived
    7,585
    Total Posts
    10,513
    Rep Power
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Woman in Purple View Post
    The thought crosses my mind: Will enough conservative/Republican/anti-vax folks die/become-nonfunctional to affect the November 2022 [and future] elections?

    No, as bothered as I am by all this $#!t that's going on, I am NOT wishing that kind of nasty on anyone.....


    Just an idle thought....
    If Democrats can figure out how to get dead people to vote, so can the Republicans.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •