Page 214 of 432 FirstFirst ... 114164204212213214215216224264314 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,140 of 4313

Thread: Covid-19 miscellany

1. Top | #2131
    Veteran Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TSwizzle View Post
    If you had an actual point I could do both.
    Here's the point.
    People who wish to avoid hot tubs with crap in them refuse admittance to people who insist on their freedom to crap anytime and anywhere they want.

I'm against giving the government much power to enforce things like vaccinations. But if private enterprises want to make such rules, they have that right. For example, if a cruise ship company requires a vaccination to board their ship people can freely choose to get the vaccine or stay off the ship. Florida's government doesn't think that people should be that free and imposed a big fine on cruise ship companies that try to exercise their freedom to do business their own way.

What's with that?
    Tom

2. Top | #2132
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TomC View Post
    If you had an actual point I could do both.
    Here's the point.
    People who wish to avoid hot tubs with crap in them refuse admittance to people who insist on their freedom to crap anytime and anywhere they want.

I'm against giving the government much power to enforce things like vaccinations. But if private enterprises want to make such rules, they have that right. For example, if a cruise ship company requires a vaccination to board their ship people can freely choose to get the vaccine or stay off the ship. Florida's government doesn't think that people should be that free and imposed a big fine on cruise ship companies that try to exercise their freedom to do business their own way.

What's with that?
    Tom
    Republicans don’t “believe in” anything but re-election. States rights, free market capitalism, family values, fiscal conservatism - it all goes out the window and the very opposites apply the very instant political expedience dictates.

3. Top | #2133
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Titled link: 'They think they are safe': Doc issues chilling warning as people taking ivermectin continue to die
    A leading pulmonologist has issued a stark warning that all the patients now admitted to his clinic thought ivermectin would protect them from contracting Covid-19.

In a chilling Facebook post, Dr Emmanuel Taban, a pulmonologist at Mediclinic Midstream in Midrand, wrote that two out of every three patients now being admitted to the hospital were taking ivermectin which, he added, offered “no benefit at all”.

“Most of these patients have been taking ivermectin which was prescribed by doctors and as a result they feel protected,” he said.
    They then do unsafe things like not wearing lower-face masks. Typical doses of it have a further side effect, causing liver damage in some 90% of patients.
    “I have lost five patients to liver failure from ivermectin and all patients now admitted here have all been on [the drug]," he said.

Taban was critical of doctors who continued to give ivermectin to their patients.

“Clearly this drug does not work and is not intended for use by humans. I strongly encourage you to stop prescribing it and advise against [its] use.”
    So much for ivermectin.

4. Top | #2134
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I genuinely wish Biden would go the way of Macron. THIS TIME, let the ANTI VAXXERS stay home.

5. Top | #2135
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Is that a genuine Macron quote, telling anti-vaxxers to stay home? There are online stories that it's a bogus quote.

6. Top | #2136
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ideologyhunter View Post
    Is that a genuine Macron quote, telling anti-vaxxers to stay home? There are online stories that it's a bogus quote.
    Word for word, no. There was a translation issue from an Italian newspaper. But he did say this, which is effectively the same.
    “Everywhere, we will have the same approach,” he said. “Recognize good citizenship and put restrictions on the unvaccinated rather than on everyone.

7. Top | #2137
    Veteran Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Playball40 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ideologyhunter View Post
    Word for word, no. There was a translation issue from an Italian newspaper. But he did say this, which is effectively the same.
    “Everywhere, we will have the same approach,” he said. “Recognize good citizenship and put restrictions on the unvaccinated rather than on everyone.
    Yay!
    Sensible leadership.

"Do whatever you want, but don't expect the rest of us to go along with you."

Tom

8. Top | #2138
    Squadron Leader
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyfingers View Post
    Who Would have thunk?

Some people embrace reality. Some people have reality thrust upon them. and some people...

I guess reality has finally struck the LA Governor and in a way that's very interesting!

Alabama Republican Gov. Ivey says 'start blaming the unvaccinated folks' for rise in Covid cases

Washington (CNN)Alabama Republican Gov. Kay Ivey on Thursday called out "the unvaccinated folks" for the rise in Covid-19 cases in her state, a remarkable plea at a time when many GOP leaders are refusing to urge people to get vaccinated even as Covid-19 cases surge in many parts of the country.

"Folks are supposed to have common sense. But it's time to start blaming the unvaccinated folks, not the regular folks. It's the unvaccinated folks that are letting us down," Ivey told reporters in Birmingham.
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/23/polit...vid/index.html

That's a huge WOW for a Louisiana Republican.
    Nitpick: I think you've conflated the states AL and LA.

Alabama leads the nation in percentage of unvaccinated people, which seems to be a cause dear to Republican hearts. And now Kay Ivey betrays her Stolen-From President and advocates vaccination? Alabama's hold on the #1 spot is very precarious; if many Alabamans fall for Ivey's anti-Trump liberalism, Mississippi will soon take over the coveted #1 spot. (Louisiana is probably eager to move into the #2 spot, but they have a ways to go.)

Ivey obviously doesn't care about re-election. Anyway, I see at Wiki that Ivey spent most of her life as a Democrat. Figures.

9. Top | #2139
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Swammerdami View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyfingers View Post
    Who Would have thunk?

Some people embrace reality. Some people have reality thrust upon them. and some people...

I guess reality has finally struck the LA Governor and in a way that's very interesting!

Alabama Republican Gov. Ivey says 'start blaming the unvaccinated folks' for rise in Covid cases

Washington (CNN)Alabama Republican Gov. Kay Ivey on Thursday called out "the unvaccinated folks" for the rise in Covid-19 cases in her state, a remarkable plea at a time when many GOP leaders are refusing to urge people to get vaccinated even as Covid-19 cases surge in many parts of the country.

"Folks are supposed to have common sense. But it's time to start blaming the unvaccinated folks, not the regular folks. It's the unvaccinated folks that are letting us down," Ivey told reporters in Birmingham.
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/23/polit...vid/index.html

That's a huge WOW for a Louisiana Republican.
    Nitpick: I think you've conflated the states AL and LA.

Alabama leads the nation in percentage of unvaccinated people, which seems to be a cause dear to Republican hearts. And now Kay Ivey betrays her Stolen-From President and advocates vaccination? Alabama's hold on the #1 spot is very precarious; if many Alabamans fall for Ivey's anti-Trump liberalism, Mississippi will soon take over the coveted #1 spot. (Louisiana is probably eager to move into the #2 spot, but they have a ways to go.)

Ivey obviously doesn't care about re-election. Anyway, I see at Wiki that Ivey spent most of her life as a Democrat. Figures.
    True. Perhaps even more amazing.

10. Top | #2140
    The Sunshine State: The one with Crocs, not Gators
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Toni View Post

It's frustrating to know how many of my friends and former coworkers risk their lives daily and continue to work hours of overtime to deal with people who are too selfish and irresponsible to get a free vaccination.
    It's tedious to read another emotive piece of nonsense with no substance.
    You know this, yet you persist in posting it.