Results 2,141 to 2,150 of 4342

Thread: Covid-19 miscellany

1. Top | #2141
    Loony Running The Asylum ZiprHead's Avatar
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TSwizzle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Toni View Post

It's frustrating to know how many of my friends and former coworkers risk their lives daily and continue to work hours of overtime to deal with people who are too selfish and irresponsible to get a free vaccination.
    It's tedious to read another emotive piece of nonsense with no substance.
    Then you should really stop reading your own posts.
    When conservatives realize they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will abandon democracy.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we can't satisfy the rich.

2. Top | #2142
    Member *
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TomC View Post
    If you had an actual point I could do both.
    Here's the point.
    People who wish to avoid hot tubs with crap in them refuse admittance to people who insist on their freedom to crap anytime and anywhere they want.

I'm against giving the government much power to enforce things like vaccinations. But if private enterprises want to make such rules, they have that right. For example, if a cruise ship company requires a vaccination to board their ship people can freely choose to get the vaccine or stay off the ship. Florida's government doesn't think that people should be that free and imposed a big fine on cruise ship companies that try to exercise their freedom to do business their own way.

What's with that?
    Tom
    You have people that are deliberately putting many people at risk based on vanity.

There might be legitimate reasons to not get the vaccine, like you have had allergic reactions to vaccines in the past.

But right now the unvaccinated are causing a resurgence of a deadly virus that was dwindling away.

My hospital was down to about 5 COVID beds. (patients with COVID) It is now over 30 and rising everyday. Almost all are unvaccinated. Some begging for the vaccine when it is too late.

The only vaccinated people are those with compromised immune systems like transplant patients.

These vaccine refusers are killing people.

What should we do to these evil uncaring people?

3. Top | #2143
    Contributor
    California parents file lawsuits against state and schools mask mandate

SAN DIEGO — California advocacy groups including Let Them Breathe, based in San Diego, have filed a lawsuit against the state for its mask mandate for schools, and parents on both sides of the debate sounded off at a rally and school board meeting Thursday. The complaint alleges that the state’s mask mandate for all students is arbitrary, not based on scientific evidence, harmful to students, and impedes effective education
    https://fox5sandiego.com/news/corona...l-mask-debate/

The mask mandate in schools is yet another example of the arbitrary policies handed down by incompetent and ignorant bureaucrats.

“Follow the science” my ass.

4. Top | #2144
    The Sunshine State: The one with Crocs, not Gators
    Archived
    Total Posts

SAN DIEGO — California advocacy groups including Let Them Breathe, based in San Diego, have filed a lawsuit against the state for its mask mandate for schools, and parents on both sides of the debate sounded off at a rally and school board meeting Thursday. The complaint alleges that the state’s mask mandate for all students is arbitrary, not based on scientific evidence, harmful to students, and impedes effective education

The mask mandate in schools is yet another example of the arbitrary policies handed down by incompetent and ignorant bureaucrats.

The existence of other people who agree with your baseless claims is not evidence that your claim is scientific.

The only way to counter scientific evidence is with better scientific evidence.

But instead you are ignoring the evidence, and repeating your fallacies ad nauseam.

You can stop now. Everyone's heard your pathetic whining, and until you bring some scientific evidence to back it, nobody cares.

Jog on.

5. Top | #2145
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by untermensche View Post

What should we do to these evil uncaring people?
    The Christian thing, I think. Offer them TrumpCare R. Be sure to tell them it's called TrumpCare R. For those with full coverage, Lysol infusions in the lungs and ultraviolet probe light through endoscope. Partial coverage: substitute Dutch Maid Disinfectant from Dollar Tree and a Bic keychain flashlight with the light cover tinted with purple magic marker, straight up the bunghole. Send 'em home with Tylenol.

6. Top | #2146
    Super Moderator
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ideologyhunter View Post
    Is that a genuine Macron quote, telling anti-vaxxers to stay home? There are online stories that it's a bogus quote.
    You think he spoke in English?!?! The question is whether that is an accurate translation.

7. Top | #2147
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts

It's frustrating to know how many of my friends and former coworkers risk their lives daily and continue to work hours of overtime to deal with people who are too selfish and irresponsible to get a free vaccination.
    I usually just skip posters I find to be tedious, ill informed and more interested in banging a tin drum than honest discussion.

But I do make an occasional exception and respond.

8. Top | #2148
    Contributor

I usually just skip posters I find to be tedious, ill informed and more interested in banging a tin drum than honest discussion.

Yeah, me too.

9. Top | #2149
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts

Yeah, me too.
    You should try it in this forum then.

10. Top | #2150
    Member *
    Archived
    Total Posts

I'll let you in on something.

Psycho anti-science right-wingers hugging Jesus repeating Trump stupidity don't make it so.

Masks SLOW the spread IF worn properly and people are at least 6 feet apart.

That is what the science shows.

An N95 will allow for closer distances.

When I see COVID patients, and I have seen dozens as a hospital physical therapist, many times inches from these patients faces, I wear an N95, a regular mask over that, a plastic face shield, a gown and gloves.

Nobody just wears a paper mask to treat a COVID patient.

It is not effective for that.