Page 173 of 220 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175183 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 2198

Thread: Covid-19 miscellany

1. Top | #1721
    Veteran Member
    Quote Originally Posted by untermensche View Post
    Taken together, these results suggest that broad and effective immunity may persist long-term in recovered COVID-19 patients.
    Guidelines are not based on a single study but on all available evidence, even unpublished evidence with something like this.

Despite the anti-mask and anti-vaccine insanity that made this thing much worse doctors and scientists have saved every life that was saved. They gave us the vaccines that are now making the problem smaller.
    I blame the Capitalists!

2. Top | #1722
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by repoman View Post

Interesting new precedent now to have previously, provably infected people to get a vaccine.

I got lucky to not be infected with covid and got vaccinated. It is not fair to require someone with antibodies they earned at great risk to take on more risk.

This is the adult version of zero tolerance that we have subjected students to in the US since the 1990s.

Longitudinal analysis shows durable and broad immune memory after SARS-CoV-2 infection with persisting antibody responses and memory B and T cells
    https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1...1255739v1.full
    How do you know you didn’t get Covid-19?

3. Top | #1723
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Bosch View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by untermensche View Post
    Taken together, these results suggest that broad and effective immunity may persist long-term in recovered COVID-19 patients.
    Guidelines are not based on a single study but on all available evidence, even unpublished evidence with something like this.

Despite the anti-mask and anti-vaccine insanity that made this thing much worse doctors and scientists have saved every life that was saved. They gave us the vaccines that are now making the problem smaller.
    I blame the Capitalists!
    They always make things worse.

It is the anti-capitalists that make life bearable for most.

The capitalists didn't like the idea of not chaining children to work stations 14 hours a day.

4. Top | #1724
    The Sunshine State: The one with Crocs, not Gators
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by repoman View Post

Interesting new precedent now to have previously, provably infected people to get a vaccine.

I got lucky to not be infected with covid and got vaccinated. It is not fair to require someone with antibodies they earned at great risk to take on more risk.

This is the adult version of zero tolerance that we have subjected students to in the US since the 1990s.

Longitudinal analysis shows durable and broad immune memory after SARS-CoV-2 infection with persisting antibody responses and memory B and T cells
    https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1...1255739v1.full
    "It's not fair" is the exact opposite of an adult argument.

And Zero Tolerance policies are not only stupid, but are a violation of the separation of powers, in that they consist of legislators (or their delegates, the regulators) dictating globally things that are properly the responsibility of the judiciary to consider on a case by case basis. Neither students nor anyone else would be subject to such policies in a free and just society. But mandatory vaccinations are not an example of a zero tolerance policy, they are an example of a qualification to work in a given role.

Just as requiring drivers to hold a driver's license isn't a zero tolerance policy - anyone who objects to getting a license cannot be forced to do so, but they can be prohibited from operating a motor vehicle on a public road. Similarly, anyone who objects to being vaccinated is at liberty to remain unvaccinated (though not immune to being called stupid), but they can't work at places that require vaccinations as a minimum qualification.

5. Top | #1725
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by barbos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DrZoidberg View Post
    That vaccine reaction is no joke.
    In my case it lasted just one night.
    Was the same for me. But due to the lack of sleep I was destroyed the next day. I'm fine now.

6. Top | #1726
    Archived
    Total Posts
    The UK has 44% fully vaccinated. Yet will extend their strict lockdown rules. I'm sorry, but that's idiotic. All the at risks are safe now. At this point it's hardly about protecting people. It's looks more and more like a neurotic obsession with control. Yes, I know that Covid-19 is now spiking in the population. But nobody is going to die from this now. It's no longer about protecting the weak. The weak are fine now. Getting Covid-19 is more about how willing you are to take personal risks. And adults should be allowed to make these judgements for themselves IMHO.

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/s...BR~USA~DNK~SWE

Today Denmark went back to normal. The only restrictions is, no gatherings with more than 500 people, masks in Copenhagen subways. While people are encouraged to continue to work from home, employers are now able to order staff to work from the office, at their discretion.

Yay, freedom. It feels great to be able to enjoy the summer. It feels like a delayed 2020 summer

7. Top | #1727
    Cyborg with a Tiara
    Archived
    Total Posts
    You are saying that at this point there will no longer be any COVID deaths in UK?
    That’s remarkable.

No more long haulers either?

And all because 44% are vaccinated?

Great news. I guess we’ll know by the end of the week if it’s bullshit.

8. Top | #1728
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DrZoidberg View Post
    The UK has 44% fully vaccinated. Yet will extend their strict lockdown rules. I'm sorry, but that's idiotic.
    Yeah. I mean, everyone knows you take down the floodgates after the rain stops... not when the flooding stops. Otherwise you are being idiotic!

Is it that hard to get that you remove precautions AFTER the risk is over? IE, once we are at herd immunity levels?

9. Top | #1729
    Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhea View Post
    You are saying that at this point there will no longer be any COVID deaths in UK?
    That’s remarkable.

No more long haulers either?

And all because 44% are vaccinated?

Great news. I guess we’ll know by the end of the week if it’s bullshit.
    So when should restrictions be lifted ? When there are no covid deaths ? When immortality has been achieved ? No covid cases ever ?

These restriction were supposedly put in place to "protect the NHS", to prevent the hospital services from being overwhelmed. That was achieved some time ago, there is no reason to prolong these restrictions.

10. Top | #1730
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    But 44% is shitty!

When your stated goal is 70%, but you only get 44%, that's only 44/70 ~= 62.9% of the way to the stated goal.

Attached Images Attached Images