Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Birds, Bees, Butterflies and Flowers

1. Top | #61
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Worldtraveller View Post
    So if all the 'pretty' things imply some sort of intelligence or creator, then what about everything else?

You've got cruelty galore to pick from, and then the more banal poor design.
    I hardly find anything at all relevant to my beliefs in the Bible. I find Alan Watts' interpretations of eastern religions to be more relevant.
    e.g.
    https://genius.com/Alan-watts-the-dr...life-annotated
    Cruelty, suffering and apparent injustice seems to be a deep part of reality. I think the Bible is full of problems so I'm not surprised that the animal world is too. This is another case of God not being obvious...
    https://talkfreethought.org/showthre...lling-evidence

All this has been hashed over many times already.

https://frdbarchive.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1774
    Thanks for the link....

2. Top | #62
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by excreationist View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Worldtraveller View Post
    So if all the 'pretty' things imply some sort of intelligence or creator, then what about everything else?

You've got cruelty galore to pick from, and then the more banal poor design.
    I hardly find anything at all relevant to my beliefs in the Bible. I find Alan Watts' interpretations of eastern religions to be more relevant.
    e.g.
    People sometimes take to certain religions, philosophies or ideologies with a somewhat excitment ... in the romantic sense, which could be a cool thing.

(I was once a sguiglys fan of Alan Watts)
    https://genius.com/Alan-watts-the-dr...life-annotated
    Cruelty, suffering and apparent injustice seems to be a deep part of reality. I think the Bible is full of problems so I'm not surprised that the animal world is too. This is another case of God not being obvious...
    Although, the unseen Creator of the Simulation - "simulates" the Cruelty, suffering and apparent injustice which has ... no problems. The Deeper part of Reality, in an inner, within-ones-self, third-eye romantic sense.

3. Top | #63
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Learner View Post
    ....Although, the unseen Creator of the Simulation - "simulates" the Cruelty, suffering and apparent injustice which has ... no problems. The Deeper part of Reality, in an inner, within-ones-self, third-eye romantic sense.
    That is related to this quote from Ken Keyes' Handbook to Higher Consciousness:

"...As the watcher of the screen, you are perfect. The screen may be projecting a horrendous movie that is showing all kinds of pain and suffering - on the screen. Or the screen may reflect a happy movie that shows a beautiful sunset, a delightful sexual experience, or an enjoyable meal. But the essential you is the pure awareness that just watches the stuff go by on the screen of your life. Behind what you think you are - YOU ARE..."

4. Top | #64
    Archived
    Total Posts
    More info about why butterflies are special:

"Up to half a billion monarch butterflies lie sleeping having overwintered in Mexico"..... "they have travelled from as far as Canada"....

5. Top | #65
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I was fascinated with camouflaged animals, even curious with the simulation/ matrix. There must be 'Eyes to See', so to speak. Pondering .. IF nature is blind, does nature see's through the eyes of those creatures (including their predators perhaps) or through the eyes of an outside observer, so that the process (nature or whatever) could produce ALL those artfull colours and patterns to match?

Not forgetting those creatures with colours of danger, warning other animals to keep away, different species (I believe this moment of posting) having commonly yellow or red danger markings.

6. Top | #66

7. Top | #67
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Learner View Post
    I was fascinated with camouflaged animals
    BTW here's some examples: (I think there's two stick insects in the first pic)

Last edited by excreationist; 10-10-2020 at 07:56 AM.