Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Birds, Bees, Butterflies and Flowers

1. Top | #21
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Bosch View Post
    I'm a little confused here. Are you not an "ex-creationist"?
    Yeah I guess I'm leaning towards creationism at this point in time - like intelligent design - and theistic evolution also seems to be a form of creationism.

And I've seen posts from you in the past where you spoke eloquently on science. And yet you are promoting intelligent design now? How in the world can you be an "ex-creationist" if you believe in ID? ID has no scientific data behind it, not theories that can be tested, cannot be falsified, and etc. It's not science. So, have you had a change of heart lately? And if so, what made you change your mind? Or perhaps you're just trying to create controversy?
    Well I've come to believe I'm probably in a computer game. Based on my experiences I think I have been in contact with an intelligent force. That means that guided evolution is possible. But maybe the universe was set up in a way that evolution can happen by itself (though that is theistic evolution which still apparently counts as creationism).

2. Top | #22
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Note I used to suspect we could be in a multiverse which would make some form of evolution inevitable....

3. Top | #23
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by excreationist View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Worldtraveller View Post
    Let's briefly entertain your (idiotic) assertion: How would you be able to tell the difference with evidence we find? The whole universe could have been created last tuesday with our memories and 'history' in our brains.
    Exactly... yes I have a theory that the millions of years wasn't real. That way a virtual evolutionary tree could be created easily (rather than literally having guided evolution)
    The point of the game is to be "indistinguishable from reality" though there could be some clues of guided evolution
    That's not a theory, it's a supposition, of maybe more of a what if.

Here's a question for the evolutionary engineer: Why wait so long to get a tree. Why start with a single celled thing and work up from there, when you could have the finished product on day 1?

4. Top | #24
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronzeage View Post
    .....Here's a question for the evolutionary engineer: Why wait so long to get a tree. Why start with a single celled thing and work up from there, when you could have the finished product on day 1?
    Well I believe the intelligent force behind the simulation doesn't want its existence to be obvious:

https://talkfreethought.org/showthre...lling-evidence

The millions of years of evolutionary history gives the impression that life could have evolved naturalistically.

On the other hand I think the Bible was written in a way so that it seems there is a lot of evidence for modern YEC:

https://talkfreethought.org/showthre...seem-plausible

Perhaps the purpose of modern YEC is for believers to sometimes go straight from YEC to atheism and skip what I think could be the actual truth... a young earth with a virtual evolutionary history of hundreds of millions of years....

5. Top | #25
    Archived
    Total Posts
    It's getting too complicated. If the world, life and everything looks like a case of natural evolution, it most probably is a case of natural evolution.

6. Top | #26
    Archived
    Total Posts
    .....Here's a question for the evolutionary engineer: Why wait so long to get a tree. Why start with a single celled thing and work up from there, when you could have the finished product on day 1?
    Well I believe the intelligent force behind the simulation doesn't want its existence to be obvious:

https://talkfreethought.org/showthre...lling-evidence

The millions of years of evolutionary history gives the impression that life could have evolved naturalistically.

On the other hand I think the Bible was written in a way so that it seems there is a lot of evidence for modern YEC:

https://talkfreethought.org/showthre...seem-plausible

Perhaps the purpose of modern YEC is for believers to sometimes go straight from YEC to atheism and skip what I think could be the actual truth... a young earth with a virtual evolutionary history of hundreds of millions of years....

This is almost too silly to warrant a response. You propose an omnipotent all powerful being, creator of the universe, who purposely gives us no evidence of its existence, and your evidence that such an entity exists is that there is no evidence.

7. Top | #27
    Archived
    Total Posts
    This is almost too silly to warrant a response. You propose an omnipotent all powerful being, creator of the universe, who purposely gives us no evidence of its existence, and your evidence that such an entity exists is that there is no evidence.
    See:
    https://talkfreethought.org/showthre...l=1#post830602

as well as earlier posts in that thread....

8. Top | #28
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DBT View Post
    It's getting too complicated. If the world, life and everything looks like a case of natural evolution, it most probably is a case of natural evolution.
    I'm saying that the simulation can involve deep learning...

Even though the neural network mentioned below is only a fraction as powerful as our brain I think what it can do is incredible - it even learnt to put leaves on the trees.... the concept of a realistic naturalistic world could be the parameters and some example species could be inserted into the calculated evolutionary tree.... it could start with the appearance of the species then reverse-engineer what the DNA could be....

Well that's my thought experiment....

https://www.digitaltrends.com/cool-t...er-summer-car/

9. Top | #29
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Has anyone proposed that our solar system is an atom in the thumbnail of a giant being and we may all have a solar system in our thumbnails, yet?

10. Top | #30
    Veteran Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Worldtraveller View Post
    Let's briefly entertain your (idiotic) assertion: How would you be able to tell the difference with evidence we find? The whole universe could have been created last tuesday with our memories and 'history' in our brains.
    Exactly... yes I have a theory that the millions of years wasn't real. That way a virtual evolutionary tree could be created easily (rather than literally having guided evolution)
    The point of the game is to be "indistinguishable from reality" though there could be some clues of guided evolution
    If there is nothing to distinguish it, then why shouldn't we continue to figure out how it works, based on evidence that is intended to make it look like evolution is a real thing (this makes your supposed AI and asshole at the very least).

Also, you need some falsification criteria. Evolution in this case at least has Occam's razor going for it.

So good job, you completely missed the point. Yet you seem to think yourself clever enough to 'discover' something you think no one else has noticed after thousands of years looking?