Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: Do you judge other drivers?

  1. Top | #21
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Port Clinton, Ohio
    Posts
    3,206
    Archived
    591
    Total Posts
    3,797
    Rep Power
    67
    And there's the appelation schmohawk, from Curb. "Did you see what he just did?? Schmohawk!"

  2. Top | #22
    Member Coleman Smith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Center of the Universe
    Posts
    126
    Archived
    789
    Total Posts
    915
    Rep Power
    74
    As an employee of an independent adjusting firm we made a lot of $$$$$ off of bad drivers.

    Money from heaven.
    People who believe that the universe was created by an intelligent deity should pay closer attention to the evening news.

  3. Top | #23
    Cyborg with a Tiara
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Recluse
    Posts
    10,010
    Archived
    9,040
    Total Posts
    19,050
    Rep Power
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfield View Post
    My driving education never explained flashing amber lights, but the first time I encountered it, everyone in the intersection was driving as if there weren't any lights at all.

    I[...]

    I haven't encountered it again since - which is probably a decade or so of driving .
    That's so interesting that you don't see them but once in your life!
    Around here they are ubiquitous.

  4. Top | #24
    Cyborg with a Tiara
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Recluse
    Posts
    10,010
    Archived
    9,040
    Total Posts
    19,050
    Rep Power
    91
    I judge the ones who get annoyed at me for rushing in front of them to turn when there was plenty of room behind them.

    They seem uninterested in the facts that
    A. I don't want to be stuck behind them after the turn, either,
    B. Rushing is easy and fun
    C. It's no skin off their nose, so why they mad?

    I recognize that different drivers have different approaches to driving. They may ask, indignantly, "what's your hurry!?" to which I observe, surprised, "there's no hurry. There was a space, my car fit in it, why is that a problem?" I wish they would also recognize that people have different approaches to driving, that'll all. I love driving. I love turning, accelerating, timing the gap, adroit starts off a light, and merging with a fine-tuned timing to keep traffic flowing. They think I'm in a hurry and mad. But I am totally not. I'm driving differently.

  5. Top | #25
    Member Coleman Smith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Center of the Universe
    Posts
    126
    Archived
    789
    Total Posts
    915
    Rep Power
    74
    When I feel like pissing people off I get on the interstate and just drive the speed limit.

    There is usually a hoard of pissed drivers going around me.
    People who believe that the universe was created by an intelligent deity should pay closer attention to the evening news.

  6. Top | #26
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Layton, UT
    Posts
    2,075
    Rep Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Coleman Smith View Post
    When I feel like pissing people off I get on the interstate and just drive the speed limit.

    There is usually a hoard of pissed drivers going around me.
    In the left lane?

  7. Top | #27
    Member Coleman Smith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Center of the Universe
    Posts
    126
    Archived
    789
    Total Posts
    915
    Rep Power
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by Worldtraveller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Coleman Smith View Post
    When I feel like pissing people off I get on the interstate and just drive the speed limit.

    There is usually a hoard of pissed drivers going around me.
    In the left lane?
    Right lane.
    People who believe that the universe was created by an intelligent deity should pay closer attention to the evening news.

  8. Top | #28
    Loony Running The Asylum ZiprHead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Do you like my pretty crown?
    Posts
    20,401
    Archived
    3,034
    Total Posts
    23,435
    Rep Power
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by Coleman Smith View Post
    When I feel like pissing people off I get on the interstate and just drive the speed limit.

    There is usually a hoard of pissed drivers going around me.
    I do that too when the traffic starts to get heavy. It's an interstate, not the daytona 500.
    When conservatives realize they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will abandon democracy.

  9. Top | #29
    Loony Running The Asylum ZiprHead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Do you like my pretty crown?
    Posts
    20,401
    Archived
    3,034
    Total Posts
    23,435
    Rep Power
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhea View Post
    I judge the ones who get annoyed at me for rushing in front of them to turn when there was plenty of room behind them.

    They seem uninterested in the facts that
    A. I don't want to be stuck behind them after the turn, either,
    B. Rushing is easy and fun
    C. It's no skin off their nose, so why they mad?

    I recognize that different drivers have different approaches to driving. They may ask, indignantly, "what's your hurry!?" to which I observe, surprised, "there's no hurry. There was a space, my car fit in it, why is that a problem?" I wish they would also recognize that people have different approaches to driving, that'll all. I love driving. I love turning, accelerating, timing the gap, adroit starts off a light, and merging with a fine-tuned timing to keep traffic flowing. They think I'm in a hurry and mad. But I am totally not. I'm driving differently.
    I like to do that too. Straighten the curve as they say, by using the entire lane.

    I've found out my wife's car has a pretty badass motor and will bark the tires pretty much at will at any speed under 15 or so. From a standing start I can smoke 'em. Don't tell her I told you guys that. I just wished the suspension and steering matched it.

    Maybe I can talk her into a set of performance coilovers, lower the car an inch or two and get that center of gravity a little closer to the pavement. Maybe find stiffer sway bars.
    When conservatives realize they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will abandon democracy.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •