Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do you judge other drivers?

1. Top | #21
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    And there's the appelation schmohawk, from Curb. "Did you see what he just did?? Schmohawk!"

2. Top | #22
    Archived
    Total Posts
    As an employee of an independent adjusting firm we made a lot of $$$$$ off of bad drivers.

Money from heaven.
    People who believe that the universe was created by an intelligent deity should pay closer attention to the evening news.

3. Top | #23
    Cyborg with a Tiara
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfield View Post
    My driving education never explained flashing amber lights, but the first time I encountered it, everyone in the intersection was driving as if there weren't any lights at all.

I[...]

I haven't encountered it again since - which is probably a decade or so of driving .
    That's so interesting that you don't see them but once in your life!
    Around here they are ubiquitous.

4. Top | #24
    Cyborg with a Tiara
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I judge the ones who get annoyed at me for rushing in front of them to turn when there was plenty of room behind them.

They seem uninterested in the facts that
    A. I don't want to be stuck behind them after the turn, either,
    B. Rushing is easy and fun
    C. It's no skin off their nose, so why they mad?

I recognize that different drivers have different approaches to driving. They may ask, indignantly, "what's your hurry!?" to which I observe, surprised, "there's no hurry. There was a space, my car fit in it, why is that a problem?" I wish they would also recognize that people have different approaches to driving, that'll all. I love driving. I love turning, accelerating, timing the gap, adroit starts off a light, and merging with a fine-tuned timing to keep traffic flowing. They think I'm in a hurry and mad. But I am totally not. I'm driving differently.

5. Top | #25
    Archived
    Total Posts
    When I feel like pissing people off I get on the interstate and just drive the speed limit.

There is usually a hoard of pissed drivers going around me.
    People who believe that the universe was created by an intelligent deity should pay closer attention to the evening news.

6. Top | #26
    Veteran Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Coleman Smith View Post
    When I feel like pissing people off I get on the interstate and just drive the speed limit.

In the left lane?

7. Top | #27
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Worldtraveller View Post

In the left lane?
    Right lane.

8. Top | #28
    Loony Running The Asylum ZiprHead's Avatar
    Archived
    Total Posts

I do that too when the traffic starts to get heavy. It's an interstate, not the daytona 500.
    When conservatives realize they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will abandon democracy.

9. Top | #29
    Loony Running The Asylum ZiprHead's Avatar
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhea View Post
    I judge the ones who get annoyed at me for rushing in front of them to turn when there was plenty of room behind them.

They seem uninterested in the facts that
    A. I don't want to be stuck behind them after the turn, either,
    B. Rushing is easy and fun
    C. It's no skin off their nose, so why they mad?

I recognize that different drivers have different approaches to driving. They may ask, indignantly, "what's your hurry!?" to which I observe, surprised, "there's no hurry. There was a space, my car fit in it, why is that a problem?" I wish they would also recognize that people have different approaches to driving, that'll all. I love driving. I love turning, accelerating, timing the gap, adroit starts off a light, and merging with a fine-tuned timing to keep traffic flowing. They think I'm in a hurry and mad. But I am totally not. I'm driving differently.
    I like to do that too. Straighten the curve as they say, by using the entire lane.

I've found out my wife's car has a pretty badass motor and will bark the tires pretty much at will at any speed under 15 or so. From a standing start I can smoke 'em. Don't tell her I told you guys that. I just wished the suspension and steering matched it.

Maybe I can talk her into a set of performance coilovers, lower the car an inch or two and get that center of gravity a little closer to the pavement. Maybe find stiffer sway bars.
    When conservatives realize they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will abandon democracy.