Page 2 of 197 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Election Results

1. Top | #11
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Texas is expected to report early votes on the first wave, so there could be around 75+% reporting by the time polls close! That is excluding the absentee ballots. Could be the first time in a long time that Texas is appears blue on the board with so many votes it. Or not.

2. Top | #12
    The Sunshine State: The one with Crocs, not Gators
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyk View Post
    Here we go!

Dixville Notch

Best wishes to all of our American friends on talk freethought. Stay safe and vote!
    I am very disappointed in the Democratic Party's lawyers for not immediately seeking a court injunction to stop the national count at that point and declare Mr Biden the winner.

3. Top | #13
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bilby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyk View Post
    Here we go!

Dixville Notch

Best wishes to all of our American friends on talk freethought. Stay safe and vote!
    I am very disappointed in the Democratic Party's lawyers for not immediately seeking a court injunction to stop the national count at that point and declare Mr Biden the winner.
    Well, five votes was enough for W in 2000... I'll get Biden on the phone.

4. Top | #14
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Higgins View Post
    Texas is expected to report early votes on the first wave, so there could be around 75+% reporting by the time polls close! That is excluding the absentee ballots. Could be the first time in a long time that Texas is appears blue on the board with so many votes it. Or not.
    If Texas flips to Biden, I promise not so say one more disparaging thing about Texas, Texans, their driving habits, their relationships with animals, their racism and bigotry, their gun fetishes, their stupid-sounding accents - none of it!

For at least a week.

5. Top | #15
    Loony Running The Asylum ZiprHead's Avatar
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elixir View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Higgins View Post
    If Texas flips to Biden, I promise not so say one more disparaging thing about Texas, Texans, their driving habits, their relationships with animals, their racism and bigotry, their gun fetishes, their stupid-sounding accents - none of it!

For at least a week.
    That long?
    When conservatives realize they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will abandon democracy.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we can't satisfy the rich.

6. Top | #16
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    So now we wait... to see if we get the ending of WM 30... or the ending of Star Wars Rise of Skywalker.

7. Top | #17
    Veteran Member TV and credit cards's Avatar
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Time to observe media silence until the wee hours of the morning. Only Amber Alerts for a missing toddler will be received.

8. Top | #18
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I don't think that I've actually watched the election returns on election night since Bush vs Gore. I don't know if I will tonight or not. I've generally read the live updates on the internet and watched the thread here.

I presume this is where the running commentary will be. I don't actually have TV service. I suppose I could stream from CNN or one of the other national networks - or not.

9. Top | #19
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyfingers View Post
    I don't think that I've actually watched the election returns on election night since Bush vs Gore. I don't know if I will tonight or not. I've generally read the live updates on the internet and watched the thread here.

I presume this is where the running commentary will be. I don't actually have TV service. I suppose I could stream from CNN or one of the other national networks - or not.

I was planning on just going to work (2nd shift) and not worrying about any of it until I got home tonight at 11pm.

Then I woke up this morning, felt sick, took the "if you feel sick, stay home" message to heart, and called out for the day.

I have no intention of turning on the television to watch live results, as I haven't watched actual live television in many months, but it will be tempting to use this computer hooked up to the internet to follow along.

10. Top | #20
    The Sunshine State: The one with Crocs, not Gators
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Wednesday is my day off, so I am planning to watch the ABC coverage (the real ABC, not the American one), and perhaps occasionally flick over to Fox News for comic relief.

My last minute prediction is a Biden landslide, with the result called tonight. Dems to take control of the Senate, and to dominate in the Reps. Mostly based on the very high early voting numbers - I also predict a very high turnout, though probably not on the scale of that seen with the first Obama victory.