Total Posts
    Jim Jordan is a master of distraction.

He is dishonest and has no morality.

He turned away as kids were abused.

2. Top | #1932
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Cheney has run out of fucks.

Liz Cheney backs Pelosi over McCarthy following Jan. 6 committee bombshell | The Week

When asked whether she believes McCarthy should become House Speaker, Cheney effectively rejected such a notion, replying, "I think that any person who would be third in line to the presidency must demonstrate a commitment to the Constitution and a commitment to the rule of law and Minority Leader McCarthy has not done that."

"At every opportunity, the minority leader has attempted to prevent the American people from understanding what happened, to block this investigation," Cheney also argued.

The Wyoming representative, one of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's (D-Calif.) eight picks for the 13-member committee, shared her support for the veto of Reps. Jim Banks (R-Ind.) and Jim Jordan (R-Ohio). "[Pelosi] objected to two [of McCarthy's picks], one of whom may well be a material witness to events that led to ... Jan. 6. The other, who disqualified himself by his comments in particular over the last 24 hours demonstrating that he is not taking this seriously," said Cheney, referring to Jordan then Banks. The lawmaker also made sure to note that McCarthy voted against "the very best option" to investigate the events of Jan. 6 — a bipartisan commission.

She went on: "The idea that anybody would be playing politics with an attack on the United States Capitol is despicable and is disgraceful."
    I am so glad they won't be giving airtime to the seditious brainlet Jordan.

3. Top | #1933
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    These Republicans are nothing more than American Arafats - and should be called out as such.

4. Top | #1934
    Archived
    Total Posts
    The Hill on Twitter: "Rep. @AOC: "I think that McCarthy's decision to seat Jim Jordan was intentional and he's trying to make a mockery, like most of his other work, make a mockery of pretty much everything he touches." (links)" / Twitter
    AOC then praised Nancy Pelosi for kicking off Jim Jordan and Jim Banks.

McCarthy yanks all GOP picks from Jan. 6 committee | TheHill
    KMC:
    "Unless Speaker Pelosi reverses course and seats all five Republican nominees, Republicans will not be party to their sham process and will instead pursue our own investigation of the facts," he said in a statement.
    He ought to do so.
    "This represents an egregious abuse of power and will irreparably damage this institution," he said in his statement. "Denying the voices of members who have served in the military and law enforcement, as well as leaders of standing committees, has made it undeniable that this panel has lost all legitimacy and credibility and shows the Speaker is more interested in playing politics than seeking the truth."
    What a big baby.

First the Democrats propose a bipartisan commission. The Senate Republicans reject it without as much as a peep from KMC. Then the House Democrats decide to go ahead on their own. Then KMC gets all butthurt rather than yelling at the Senate Republicans about what they enabled.

5. Top | #1935
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    link (includes audio)
    Quote Originally Posted by President Trump (March 2021)
    I wanted — I mean, personally, what I wanted is what they wanted. They showed up just to show support, because I happen to believe the election was rigged at a level like nothing has ever been rigged before.
    "Show support"? I'll take "Talking Down Things" for $1600.
    Quote Originally Posted by President Trump (March 2021)
    I think that the vice president of the United States must protect the Constitution of the United States, right? And it says very, very clearly, protect the Constitution of the United States. I don’t believe he’s just supposed to be a statue who gets these votes from the states and immediately hands them over.

6. Top | #1936
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Pelosi kicks kooks off coup committee.
    In June, weeks after Senate Republicans filibustered legislation to set up an independent, bipartisan commission to investigate the January 6 Capitol riot, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi moved ahead with Plan B: setting up a select committee within the House to perform the investigation. This one, like Republicans’ select committee to investigate the Benghazi attacks last decade, would be far more partisan in tilt.
    That Benghazi committee had 12 members instead of this one's 13, but like this one, 5 members were picked in consultation with the Minority Leader. NP was Minority Leader for the Benghazi committee, and all 5 of her picks were accepted.

Pelosi Statement on Republican Recommendations to Serve on the Select Committee to Investigate the January 6th Attack on the U.S. Capitol | Speaker Nancy Pelosi
    “With respect for the integrity of the investigation, with an insistence on the truth and with concern about statements made and actions taken by these Members, I must reject the recommendations of Representatives Banks and Jordan to the Select Committee.

“The unprecedented nature of January 6th demands this unprecedented decision.”
    The committee now has one Republican, Liz Cheney, and NP may appoint more, like Adam Kinzinger.

Author Jim Newell concludes that NP is feeling her oats.
    It is also difficult not to appreciate this latest burst of resolve from late-stage, post-Jan. 6 Nancy Pelosi, who continues to spend what’s likely her final term in Congress simply going for it. She has wholly abandoned the thumb-twiddling anxiety that typically defines Democratic leadership. This Congress, she’s impeached a president for the second time, stripped a Republican member of their committee positions along near-partisan lines, and pledged to sit on a bipartisan Senate infrastructure bill for as long as she pleases. Now she’s actually played the “consultation” veto card on minority committee appointments because she thinks the appointees are scumbags. Part of this is a longtime party leader operating at the height of confidence. But it’s also an extension of a post-Jan. 6 attitude change among House Democrats: House Republicans can’t just abet Trump’s effort to overturn an election and expect to be afforded their traditional privileges.
    NP will likely go down in history as one of the most successful House Speakers ever.

7. Top | #1937
    Archived
    Total Posts

8. Top | #1938
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    She started as a moderate, and then decided to tack. These people are fakes.

9. Top | #1939
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I don’t know . . . Maybe MTG would be a good pick for the panel? That way we could truly see her for the utter fucking moron she is.

10. Top | #1940
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SLD View Post
    I don’t know . . . Maybe MTG would be a good pick for the panel? That way we could truly see her for the utter fucking moron she is.
    I’m sorry, was that being hidden?