Page 198 of 205 FirstFirst ... 98148188196197198199200 ... LastLast
Results 1,971 to 1,980 of 2047

Thread: Now the Coup Starts

1. Top | #1971
    Member *
    Archived
    Total Posts
    The insanity of Trumpism will be talked about like the insanity of McCarthyism one day.

Trump has shown them the way.

Just lie and never admit it is a lie.

It is the way of the fascist.

2. Top | #1972
    Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by untermensche View Post
    The insanity of Trumpism will be talked about like the insanity of McCarthyism one day.

I hope that you're right. I'm not seeing it though. The same 20 people that I know who believed the Great Lie still believe it, all these months later.

3. Top | #1973
    Member *
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Bosch View Post

I hope that you're right. I'm not seeing it though. The same 20 people that I know who believed the Great Lie still believe it, all these months later.
    I'm talking about when there is no money in spreading the lies anymore and Trump is dead.

Right now there is nothing to stop Trump from running again.

4. Top | #1974
    Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Bosch View Post

I'm talking about when there is no money in spreading the lies anymore and Trump is dead.

Right now there is nothing to stop Trump from running again.
    Oh, very much agree. And I think that Trump is the odds on favorite to win the republican party nomination. And since the republicans do not need a majority to win an election, I think that odds are slightly better than 50-50 that Trump will win reelection in 2024. A quote that I read the other day: "A coup attempt that goes unpunished “becomes a training exercise.”

5. Top | #1975
    Loony Running The Asylum ZiprHead's Avatar
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Another capital policeman has committed suicide.
    When conservatives realize they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will abandon democracy.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we can't satisfy the rich.

6. Top | #1976
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Trump definitely tried to get the DoJ to officially get involved in the Coup push.
    Quote Originally Posted by article
    The latest bombshell came Wednesday with the revelation that Jeffrey Clark, a top official at the Justice Department, composed a draft letter -- which he urged acting Attorney General Jeffrey Rosen and acting deputy Attorney General Richard Donoghue to sign onto -- that said the DOJ had "significant concerns that may have impacted of the outcome of the election in multiple States, including the State of Georgia."

"I think we should get it out as soon as possible," Clark urged, adding: "I see no valid downsides to sending out the letter."
    It didn't get released... too much "deep state" in the way of the Coup.
    Last edited by crazyfingers; 08-05-2021 at 11:24 PM. Reason: Think I fixed the link

7. Top | #1977
    Loony Running The Asylum ZiprHead's Avatar
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Here is Chris Hayes segment on it.

When conservatives realize they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will abandon democracy.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we can't satisfy the rich.

8. Top | #1978
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Higgins View Post
    Trump definitely tried to get the DoJ to officially get involved in the Coup push.
    The latest bombshell came Wednesday with the revelation that Jeffrey Clark, a top official at the Justice Department, composed a draft letter -- which he urged acting Attorney General Jeffrey Rosen and acting deputy Attorney General Richard Donoghue to sign onto -- that said the DOJ had "significant concerns that may have impacted of the outcome of the election in multiple States, including the State of Georgia."

"I think we should get it out as soon as possible," Clark urged, adding: "I see no valid downsides to sending out the letter."
    Top URL seems busted. Don't know why. But here is a similar one. https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/05/polit...oup/index.html
    Last edited by Loren Pechtel; 08-06-2021 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Top URL had a stray character. Fixed.

9. Top | #1979
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Higgins View Post

This Clark guy should be prosecuted (and of course disbarred).

10. Top | #1980
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Just finished "I alone can fix it".

Very good for a really dry read. Authors go out of their way to stay in the zone of "just the facts. ma'am". Descriptive prose is minimal, and most of what there is of it came from interviewees.

For me, the best part is imagining all the Republican coup participant politicians and operatives reading that book and freaking out - "I can't believe he told that guy what I said about this!" The layers of skulduggery and backstabbing were, unsurprisingly, many and convoluted.
    What really stands out is that General Milley was probably the only thing that stood between what we have now and the dystopian nightmare the trumpsuckers were - and still are - determined to visit upon this Country.