Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump 2024?

1. Top | #1
    Archived
    Total Posts

Trump 2024?

Trump considering kicking off 2024 run during Biden's inauguration: report | TheHill
    noting
    Trump’s Already Gaming Out a 2024 Run, Including an Event During Biden’s Inauguration
    In the twilight of his presidency, Donald Trump is discussing different ways to disrupt the impending Joe Biden era, chief among them by announcing another run against him.

According to three people familiar with the conversations, the president, who refuses to acknowledge he lost the 2020 election as he clearly did, has not just talked to close advisers and confidants about a potential 2024 run to reclaim the White House but about the specifics of a campaign launch. The conversations have explored, among other things, how Trump could best time his announcement so as to keep the Republican Party behind him for the next four years. Two of these knowledgeable sources said the president has, in the past two weeks, even floated the idea of doing a 2024-related event during Biden’s inauguration week, possibly on Inauguration Day, if his legal effort to steal the 2020 election ultimately fails.

2. Top | #2
    Formerly Joedad
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lpetrich View Post
    Trump considering kicking off 2024 run during Biden's inauguration: report | TheHill
    noting
    Trump’s Already Gaming Out a 2024 Run, Including an Event During Biden’s Inauguration
    In the twilight of his presidency, Donald Trump is discussing different ways to disrupt the impending Joe Biden era, chief among them by announcing another run against him.

According to three people familiar with the conversations, the president, who refuses to acknowledge he lost the 2020 election as he clearly did, has not just talked to close advisers and confidants about a potential 2024 run to reclaim the White House but about the specifics of a campaign launch. The conversations have explored, among other things, how Trump could best time his announcement so as to keep the Republican Party behind him for the next four years. Two of these knowledgeable sources said the president has, in the past two weeks, even floated the idea of doing a 2024-related event during Biden’s inauguration week, possibly on Inauguration Day, if his legal effort to steal the 2020 election ultimately fails.
    Well, his legal effort is certainly failing and failing spectacularly, so he'd better start planning.

3. Top | #3
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T.G.G. Moogly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lpetrich View Post
    noting

Well, his legal effort is certainly failing and failing spectacularly, so he'd better start planning.
    I doubt that he has any intention of trying to win in '24. It's a gimmick to get the attention and adulation he craves, from the Q-razies who got him 50 million votes in 2020.

4. Top | #4
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Clownstick has also set up a new PAC called Save America. If SarahPAC could raise a few million, and take her personal national tours for half a dozen years living well off of it, how much does anyone think Don the Con could raise for his personal slush fund PAC? Clownstick's favorite color is green, and I'm sure he'll be able to raise a few tens of millions bilking the Trumpster Trash lemmings... Free money with few to no rules on use???

5. Top | #5
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elixir View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by T.G.G. Moogly View Post

I doubt that he has any intention of trying to win in '24. It's a gimmick to get the attention and adulation he craves, from the Q-razies who got him 50 million votes in 2020.
    I bet he's afraid of retaliation from the Q-razies if he doesn't.

6. Top | #6
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Skip to 2:00

7. Top | #7
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Trump running starting in January 2021, would be what he did in 2017, he started running (filed the paperwork) almost immediately. This would allow him to do a couple things he loves most, be adored by a crowd and not have to pay for it. Everyone remember when Palin did likewise, to a smaller scale, kind of pretending she was thinking of running with her Palin bus, because the cash was coming in... for a bit. It was a great gig to talk about nothing, be held accountable for nothing, and have other people pay for it.

I imagine this would be the absolute last thing the GOP would want. Of course, they have enabled him to this point, they really don't have a choice.

8. Top | #8
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I have no doubt Trump is trying to pave the way for him to be Palin 2.0, I just don't see him having the charisma to pull it off.

9. Top | #9
    When I saw this headline, I thought it was a parody article for a hot second.
    "Banish me from Eden when you will, but first let me eat of the tree of knowledge."

10. Top | #10
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Seems like Kamala Harris responded by laughing. I've heard her give that response to some other issues, and that might end up being a common caricature of her.